Quick sex on plants please

Crazymonkey

420 Member
I believe I got unlucky with my seeds having 3/4 male(4 legal Canada) can I get a quick sex before I chop to make sure

Attachments

• 20190212_224855.jpg
    20190212_224855.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 41
It's my first grow in forever. I'll buy fem seeds next time. The grow tent looks alot cleaner with 1. It's really a 2 plant max tent sucks that the smallest and least full of all plants is the female

It's my first grow in forever. I'll buy fem seeds next time. The grow tent looks alot cleaner with 1. It's really a 2 plant max tent sucks that the smallest and least full of all plants is the female
That's usually the way it goes though. Males are usually very vigorous Growers and the females are usually lagging behind. It'll catch up for you.

Wow, getting only 1 female from four seeds is abnormal. It can happen, but it's not really a useful trait in most species, so they don't tend to evolve that way. One healthy male can fertilize an entire field of female cannabis plants, after all.

This information might be of help in the future:
Dutch Passion Seed Company said:
From literature and our own findings it appears that the growth of a male or female plant from seed, except for the predisposition in the gender chromosomes, also depends on various environmental factors. The environmental factors that influence gender are:

• a higher nitrogen concentration will give more females.
• a higher potassium concentration will give more males.
• a higher humidity will give more females.
• a lower temperature will give more females.
• more blue light will give more females.
• Fewer hours of light will give more females.

It is important to start these changes at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks, before reverting to standard conditions.

Wow, getting only 1 female from four seeds is abnormal. It can happen, but it's not really a useful trait in most species, so they don't tend to evolve that way. One healthy male can fertilize an entire field of female cannabis plants, after all.

This information might be of help in the future:
I have grown from seed 5 time s 6 seeds each time occasionally getting rid of the runts and the weak and still havent gotten a male, most would consider it luck but i want a male

Back
Top Bottom