R1tony's - Lowryder #2 First Time Grow Journal - 2010

r1tony

This will be my first attempt to grow *anything*.

After reading a bit on many different methods to grow and strains etc, and it all seems pretty overwhelming. I decided to start my journey err.. journal from ground zero. A lot of the journals I see or read are already to a certain point in their grow process, the grow room is up and functioning, they have equipment/seeds/grow ingredents already to go. If someone is like me out there with no experience, no knowledge (except for handing a buddy $80 for a bag and getting crap smoke) I think this journal will help tremendously. I also wanted to do this as cheaply as possible, if it works out then will invest more next grow.

So far this is what I have done:

Picked Strain : Lowryder #2 Auto-flowering. I picked this strain because it is an auto flower plant, I wanted my first time to be as easy as possible. I know it's not the most potent plant out there but I think it will blow away the crap smoke we pay big money for now. I haven't acquired my seeds yet, as I am in US and need to find reliable/quick place to deliver. I also am going to buy feminized seeds, as I said earlier hopefully easier for my first time.

Picked grow method : I think for my first time I am going to go with soil. From reading sounds like the cheapest and easiest method, I do really like the hydroponics method and will probably go that route. Before spending money on the equipment though, I would like to get a grow under my belt.

Picked Lighting method : I will build CFL lights. I am not sure on kind or temperature but I think for electricity cost and light cost its probably the best choice.

Picked my grow spot : I chose a spot in my basement in a corner.

first-area.jpg

I am going to cut out the middle shelf and have the whole area for growing. The dimensions will be, 45" wide 46" high and 25" deep. I plan on putting 1/4" or 3/8" particle board on all sides to enclose this lined with mylar. Of course I will have to vent the area and we will tackle that when I get the sides up. last building a door of some sort on the front.

This setup also has a shelf area below the bottom of current grow area which I thought would be good area for water reservoir when i convert to hydro, leaving the main grow area untouched.

I ran the electrical to the grow room. I ran two wires so the lights have their own 15 amp circuit and the fans/pumps or anything else I need has their own.

elec-run.jpg

Here is the circuit breaker panel for the other two ends.

box35.jpg

I had the wire already, so I will pick up the outlets/boxes and circuit breakers tomorrow with the particle board for the sides and door.

That is as far as I got today, but will get some more done tomorrow. I do need to research where to get the seeds and order them. I also need to get on what type of soil/nutrients I am going to use and where to get those also.

I hope this journal helps me find my way through this seeming confusing task and helps many along the way also.

Also: I would appreciate any comments/tips or concerns that anyone might have on my progress or questions.

Re: R1tony's - Lowryder #2 *First* Time Grow Journal - 2010

Worked on box a little more yesterday.

I got the middle shelf removed:

shelf-gone.jpg

Took a trip to local home improvement store and got some supplies:

home-depot.jpg

Everything to hook up electrical and finish roughing out inside of box.

I picked up some window foam for the outer edge of doors that I am still planning on how to build.

stripping.jpg

I am not looking for it to be air tight but I want it to be sealed somewhat. I plan on caulking the inside of the box and having the inlet and exhaust fans move the air inside.

Here is inside done with electrical hooked up.

inside-done.jpg

I am going to order some mylar online or maybe from a local shop that is less then an hour away. They also carry these Water Farm Complete which I really like but don't know if I should spend the money for this grow.

If anyone have used these please let me know how you liked them.

Is this grow still alive brother?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info...

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates…

Thanks and hope all is well in your world brother!...;)

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

The member visited last week. Let's hope he's just been a little busy.

Back
Top Bottom