Rat Shot

Does anyone know for sure if it's completely safe to use .38 Special rat shot inside a house? Got a fucking mouse problem and I can't afford to just burn the place down, move, buy all new shit, and start over.

Never had a single mouse here, now I've got them EVERYWHERE. Fuckers chew shit off my plants and leave it lay, gnawed a hole in the bottom edge of a three-gallon grow bag, even tore out some onions in a slightly lower container, I guess they use it to reach the dope plants. I hate the little bastards, and my useless cat seems to be afraid of them. Plus, they're keeping the flea thing going because it's not like I can catch them all and put flea treatment on their backs. Otherwise, I'd gather 'em all up and throw them in the oven and set it to broil for an hour or something. I have to shake out my boots before putting them on, for fuck's sake! <ARGH!!!!!>

It's making me not quite my usual cheerful fucking self.

Sounds like they're fighting in the walls. I'm guessing that they're fucking :rolleyes: . . . .

Just noticed not a good month for you to have this extra stressor. Good luck.

I did just watch a guy blast a wetpack brick on YouTube from four feet away with one. Not sure I should repost that on here though. It didn't make it to the second brick but there's not much left of the first

and there's stuff in here, lol

Well then don't miss haha I mean you can blow holes in it or let them chew holes in it either way your place is gonna be ready for Sunday

either way your place is gonna be ready for Sunday

How did you know that was the day I was hoping to start my grow journal thread? Got two of @SeedsMan ('s) autoflowering seeds soaking now. Auto Zkittlez, I hope they make it and sprout. As you mentioned, this hasn't been a great month. But that's par for the course, I suppose. I'm hoping March or April will be a decent one for me.

Speaking of which, I'm afraid to put the tent up, with the rodent infestation.

I always wondered about that. We're told that He rested on the seventh day. That's Saturday, by my calendar.

I had wanted to set it up on four of those 1'x4'x½" rigid foam panels, because it gets pretty cold in my house until I feel weak enough to turn the furnace on, and then its not warm. But they disappeared from the shed earlier this year and I'm not in a position to purchase anything right now, probably won't be until late Spring (when there won't be any point).

I still get a kick out of your user name, every time I notice it.

Walls are nearly 100-year old lath and plaster. But the glass in the windows isn't all that strong, and there's stuff in here, lol, it's not an empty shell.

The twelve gauge is getting more and more tempting.
Now,now don’t be coy, sum thing with poison in it perhaps ? My personal favorite those sticky pads they can suffer for hours if revenge is what u seek.....Just spitballing

I'd happily go the poison route, if I didn't have a cat. Tried a while back to find a new home for her when I really began struggling to make ends meet, so I wouldn't have the worry that she'd starve on top of everything else, but no one wants another cat in a world where there are strays in every neighborhood. I suppose I could kill her and solve... a few problems, but it goes against my grain to kill something that doesn't deserve it, and that I wouldn't eat. Plus... She has helped keep me near the edge of sanity, and that's worth a lot. Also, I don't know what I have on hand that I could turn into rodent poison. I had some peanut butter, so I bummed some baking soda and sugar off someone and mixed the three together to make little balls, and spread them around. They were eaten, and I hope that the ones that ate that died from the gas (rodents can't belch or fart). But it obviously didn't wipe them all out, and two can make 20 really quick. Which go on to make even more.

IDK, some days I wonder why I bother to experience yet another day. More and more often, it seems. I wish I believed in reincarnation - I'd hop back onto the wheel.

Bucket trap ftw. fast to set up and very, very effective.

Oh, MAN, that is a thing of beauty!!!!!

I have a bucket and I think I have scrap wood that would work (if not, I could cut up my dining room table or something). Not sure if I can figure out something for the magic roller of death, but I'll put some thought into it tomorrow when it's daylight and I can see in every room here.

Thank you for posting that video.

Oh, MAN, that is a thing of beauty!!!!!

I have a bucket and I think I have scrap wood that would work (if not, I could cut up my dining room table or something). Not sure if I can figure out something for the magic roller of death, but I'll put some thought into it tomorrow when it's daylight and I can see in every room here.

Thank you for posting that video.

I used a rod through a beer can and put peanut butter on the can lol. little bastards didn't stand a chance.

I once found the skeletal remains of at least 20 mice inside an old fashioned metal cream can which had spent years in the woodshed lol.
I hear 12ga shells loaded with sand work wonders on prowlers and other undesirables.

Aww yeah, great grandpa used to talk about rock salt shot. Haha

Would a coat hanger work for the wire? And then just... find a pop can that's not been run over yet and punch the wire through it? Like that?

That should work

I hear 12ga shells loaded with sand work wonders on prowlers and other undesirables.

I use #3 buckshot for that. The pellets aren't too small, but there are still a lot of them. Will turn a thief's head to hamburger (although a chest shot is probably wisest) without going through too many walls. Probably the best compromise - that isn't much of a compromise at all, really.

Sand? LOL. . . .

Back
Top Bottom