Ravenplume Grow Journal 2022 - #0 : Mr. Clean Lite from an Opportunity Seed

Ravenplume

Alright, I wasn't planning on doing any grow journals here this year, due to the facts of my journals being in video format, and I only link the BitChute versions (due to YouTube injecting ads into all my videos without my consent), plus all of my videos self sponsor and have a plug from me about places I sell various neat things on).

But I figure I can give little non video excerpts here at least, and that should qualify as a journal. :)

So anyway, my first grow for the 2022 season is MCL Lite-2019. That is Mr. Clean Lite, growing from an opportunity seed found in a bag of Mr. Clean (THC 25.41% / CBD 0.06%) purchased at my favorite dispensary back in 2019. At the time of this posting, I already have three entries in the journal, so I will pick relevant material to post the updates here.

And in case anyone cares, I call this seed Mr. Clean Lite due to the fact that it was an opportunity seed, and there is no way to know what pollinated the Mr. Clean flower to make the seed; meaning a full half of its lineage is unknown.

My objectives for this grow are...

1: If the seed is female, then grow it into a nice supply of smokable Mr. Clean Lite bud
2: Take cuttings as soon as possible for sexing, breeding, and growing out into next year's harvest
3: Breed a cutting with a cutting from one of my Ravenplume Wildling-2019 seeds from project X2022 to create Ravenplume Wildling-2022 for future breeding.

So, not much to show for this first entry; just the seed being plunked into a little cup of water to be placed in the dark until it sprouts. (It has since sprouted, but that is the subject of the next entry.)

This initial set up occurred on 2022-02-02

RPGJ-2022-00-00.jpg

Like I said, not much to see just yet. Next two updates will be posted a little later today. Now time to process the first branch of last year's Bitter Sweet Pie in preparation for closing that journal (which will happen when it is all processed and added up.)

Just in case anyone is actually following this, here is the first update which happened 3 days later, 2022-02-05.

The Mr. Clean Lite seed sprouted, and that was pretty much it.

RPGJ-2022-00-01-TN.JPG

I figured I would give it a week to grow out before sticking it in a cup of dirt and put under a normal topside (wake up to lights out) indoor lighting cycle. I severely overestimated the time needed, which leads to the third update...

As I mentioned, I severely overestimated the time needed from sprout to dirt. Mr. Clean was looking ready to pop his shell this morning already... So as of today, 2022-02-09, it is my first seedling to get planted into a cup of dirt.

RPGJ-2022-00-03a.JPG

The shell popped off when I was trying to carefully remove the seedling from the cup, but I do not think it suffered any harm. Using a cotton swab with one end snipped off, I made a hole just deep enough in this Styrofoam cup of dirt to bury the seedling up to its "neck."

RPGJ-2022-00-03b.JPG

Got drainage holes poked into the cup, three at the bottom around the edge, and one underneath dead center; and a Stax lid works nicely as a drip tray. This little one will also be getting a time lapse video, a single shot per day until it gets upgraded to a flower pot in March or April before planting outside. I may very well do a time lapse of it after potting as well, just because I like that sort of thing.

No idea when the next update will be, most likely when it gets its baby leaves. Now to get cracking on my second grow journal for the 2022 season...

As I mentioned, I severely overestimated the time needed from sprout to dirt. Mr. Clean was looking ready to pop his shell this morning already... So as of today, 2022-02-09, it is my first seedling to get planted into a cup of dirt.

RPGJ-2022-00-03a.JPG

The shell popped off when I was trying to carefully remove the seedling from the cup, but I do not think it suffered any harm. Using a cotton swab with one end snipped off, I made a hole just deep enough in this Styrofoam cup of dirt to bury the seedling up to its "neck."

RPGJ-2022-00-03b.JPG

Got drainage holes poked into the cup, three at the bottom around the edge, and one underneath dead center; and a Stax lid works nicely as a drip tray. This little one will also be getting a time lapse video, a single shot per day until it gets upgraded to a flower pot in March or April before planting outside. I may very well do a time lapse of it after potting as well, just because I like that sort of thing.

No idea when the next update will be, most likely when it gets its baby leaves. Now to get cracking on my second grow journal for the 2022 season...
Two new journals busy busy.
I'll hang out here too.:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom