RCSD: No Marijuana, Illegal Substances Found In Cupcakes

Warbux

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - The Richland County Sheriff's Department says they found no marijuana or illegal substances in the cupcakes that made 14 students and one teacher sick Monday at Dutch Fork High School.

Lexington-Richland District 5 spokesman Buddy Price said the students complained of being mildly ill after they ate the batch.

Patty Bowen's son, Jared Pryor, was affected by the cupcakes after he ate four of them. She says she received a call from Dutch Fork's principal Tuesday morning to inform her that the treats were laced with Metamucil.

"I'm fine now, earlier I was real lightheaded and dizzy," said Jared. "My stomach was hurting and then I just crashed and was passing out tired. I'm okay now, my stomach's upset."

All of the students affected by the cupcakes were not seriously harmed, but several of them were sent home.

Officials are now in the process of making a decision on what action will be taken in regards to the students who are responsible.

Some districts have different policies when it comes to homemade goods. Price says in this district its okay to bring them, as long as it's pre-approved and a special occasion.

News Hawk: Warbux 420 MAGAZINE
Source: WIS TV.com
Author: N/A
Contact: WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina | - Columbia, SC's source for news, weather and sports
Copyright: 2010 WISTV.com
Website: RCSD: No marijuana, illegal substances found in cupcakes - WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina |

this world is full of so many ignorant people. i mean metamucil suspend someone for a day or so who cares and furthermore it's also a source of fibere so how mad can one really get. darn kids lol

Back
Top Bottom