Re Veg of the Cookie Monster

thegreengrocr

Well here we go again. This will be a reveg journal.

What strain is it? original cookies (Durban Poison + OG Kush)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? This is a hybrid that we will call 50 50.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? This is a reveg. Bloom was indoor soilless and now they have been moved outdoors after 3 weeks of 18/6.
If in Veg... For how long? reveg sprouted a week ago.
If in Flower stage... For how long? Flowered for 8 weeks then harvested and changed to 18/6
Indoor or outdoor? Both.
Soil or Hydro? Both
If soil... what is in your mix?
1 bag Vermifire
1/2 bag Vermiworm
1/3 bag Vermiblend
If soil... What size pot? 7 gallon smart pots. Will force flower early.
Size of light? 250 HID
Type and strength of ferts used? Growology 1-2-3. Waiting for shipment now. Not available off the shelf here.
Going to get some Great White for transplanting later today.

These plants provided about 1-1.5 oz. each in the closet grow. They will now veg for 4-6 weeks and then be force flowered. So about the first of July the change will start.

Yes, will add pics asap.

Here they are. 3 of the 4
IMG_20140523_175707_064.jpg

IMG_20140523_175723_101.jpg

Cleaning out the root gnats and the transfer from hydro to soil
IMG_20140523_175747_520.jpg

IMG_20140523_175753_990.jpg

These are the soil components. 4-2-1 was the ratio used. Fire, worm and blend
IMG_20140523_185729_170.jpg

After transplanting
IMG_20140523_185813_701.jpg

Nice! She'll take off again and explode with growth. Yeah, clean her up and spray a nice sea kelp mist. After a good few weeks she should be back in action if all goes as planned :Namaste:

Well I gave up on one. Down to 3 now. This is not going as well as planned.

What I have noticed is that once the leave start to brown on the ends the whole branch is in the process of dying off.

They are being fed Growlogy #2. Started off at 1/2 tablespoon per gallon and am now using 3/4. Will be at full strength next week. John Simpson @ Growology has been very helpful and right on. He predicted that with my soil that 100% strength would be too strong. I found this out in my other grow and followed suit here.

reveg_5.jpg

reveg_21.jpg

Reveg_41.jpg

Reveg_31.jpg

Since this is a reveg post I will include the one I just couldn't bring myself to chop down in the greenhouse.

Here she is. Was planning on just getting a few clones but what the heck. I can save the genetics and get some smoke too.

She was planted in the greenhouse on the second of March and harvested 10 weeks later.

Re_veg_Tits_1.jpg

re_veg_small.jpg
re_veg_medium.jpg
re_veg_large.jpg

Here they are after 6 weeks. I was hoping for more but one is starting to look pretty good.

In the old days (the 70"s) I heard tale that the good Thai came from 20 year old plants. Is this even possible? We were told this after a typhoon and we wouldn't get good Thai for quite some time to come.

Will a re veg get stronger with age? I really can't see how.

And one more picture. I do think this one will produce a bit of smoke.

This re veg was a stretch moving them from a hydro indoor with poor root health (root gnats) to soil outdoors. I do think one is a survivor though, maybe two.

Re_veg_large1.jpg

Nice, they are almost getting ready to start shooting 5 leafers again lol, to fix fungus gnats for future reference use GoGnats water plants and foliar spray with it 1 time, and put a quater inch of sand ontop of the hydroton, yes some sand will fall into reservoir just change it out, then a week later all fungus gnats will be gone and then you can wash out sand. Then have perfectly healthly plants again... Fungus gnats suck they destroy plants.

I used the SNS 203 once they were in soil. Worked well.

Good to hear about a product that works in a soilless environment. SNS makes no comments about soilless only soil. I did just email them though.

Slid the 2 larger ones (like they are large) into the closet @12/12. Too many plants in the greenhouse right now. Need to make more room.

I will slide them back outside after 2-3 weeks. I think they will stay in flower at that point.

Tis a sad day. We lost one of our own.

re_veg_tits_11.jpg
re_veg_tits_2.jpg

These were the last pictures taken before her early demise.

It would appear that the count was a bit off (7 not 6) and when the man arrived for a domestic dispute the decision was made to chop one. I most definitely would not have chose her. So it's 12 in veg and 6 in flower. Guess the drunken ex partner should have listened better. This was not my grow as I have moved on. I was just consulting and saving some good genetics (got 5 healthy clones the week before). Oh ya he also has been going to get a new recommendation, every week, since we started together in February.

Not an alcohol fan.

A five finger leaf you say? Well this is one. She likes to keep them tucked in and not spread out. This is a strain specific trait.

re_veg_01.jpg

re_veg_02.jpg

She spent the past 2 weeks indoors on a 12/12 light diet. Flowering has started. Hope mother nature can keep it going. She is back out in the greenhouse. Just wanted to give her a kick start as the others in there are consuming all the spare floor space.

Looks like I have neglected this journal. I will add new pics tomorrow.

These are very healthy strong flowering re vegs at this point. A bit small but I am hoping for the best. I once heard that the best thai came from old growth plants. I am thinking about another re veg after this. They celebrated their 1 year birthday a few weeks ago.

The 2 that were forced flowered and put back out in the greenhouse seemed to stall in growth. They did explode this week. I think they needed more time in the 12/12 or needed a shorted daylight period once taken out.

Here they are. It was a long yesterday.

Coolies_re_veg_1.jpg

Cookies_re_veg_closeup.jpg

Things started slow but I do think that she is going to produce some quality smoke. This is about the strongest strain I grow.

Hoping the tales of yester year are true. "In the old days (the 70"s) I heard tale that the good Thai came from 20 year old plants. Is this even possible? We were told this after a typhoon and we wouldn't get good Thai for quite some time to come.

Might even keep one going for another veg cycle or two.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom