re-veg into mother plant?

incognit

I've harvested yesterday a wss skunk and i´m re-vegging her.by the smell and looks of it, it's a good green smoke.
my question is if instead of flowering her,can i use her as a mother plant for a SOG grow?
has anyone tried this before?
any advice is welcome :)
:thanks:

I've harvested yesterday a wss skunk and i´m re-vegging her.by the smell and looks of it, it's a good green smoke.
my question is if instead of flowering her,can i use her as a mother plant for a SOG grow?
has anyone tried this before?
any advice is welcome :)
:thanks:

Yes. Once she starts new vegetative growth she can be used for a mom like any other plant. If you like the bud you've got now you for sure want to keep her around.

Moms can be kept in hydro or soil and supply clones for years.

Have fun.

I have read that you can raise a large plant to full bud maturity, harvest all the bud off and re-veg and re-flower but the second yield will almost always be lower. I like the idea of knowing how a plants bud tastes before even cloning it to use as your main strain.

I have read that you can raise a large plant to full bud maturity, harvest all the bud off and re-veg and re-flower but the second yield will almost always be lower. I like the idea of knowing how a plants bud tastes before even cloning it to use as your main strain.

Your yield will depend on how you grow out the re-vegged plant. My KaliMist in DWC tubs are on their third flowering and popping out nice colas like the first time. I'm going to re-veg them once more to get some clones for a mom and a new tub. I really like this girl and want to keep her going forever. It takes near forever to get bud off this bitch. 12-15 weeks but she's worth every kilowatt!

Did you top it or how much do you prune it back or what? Do the colas grow out the same spots? I would think you have to prune it back to a managable size in re-veg before each time you flower or it would get huge.

Did you top it or how much do you prune it back or what? Do the colas grow out the same spots? I would think you have to prune it back to a managable size in re-veg before each time you flower or it would get huge.

After the 4th or 5th set of true leaves I like to top them. This of course splits the top bud in two and gets the lower branches growing. If you don't want all those weaker lower branches they make great clones. If you still want one big cola at the top you can cut off the smaller of the two main tips. Tying the tops over forces side branches higher than the tip to act like main tips. If you can successfully manage the FIM maneuver you could have four main tips. As the side branches grow they can be trimmed to keep only four tips each close to the main stem so when she flowers you have one fat cola from base to crown. Best with shorter plants or great light penetration.

This technique is great if you want squat, bushy plants or more growing tips for SoG or ScroG or just to put your biggest colas in the light.

When you plan to re-veg you just grow your girls, harvest and leave some small buds and grow tips near the bottom of the plant. Your three foot Donkey Dicked baby is now a 6" twig with a few green spots on it. After 3 or 4 weeks of 24/0 light, low wattage and low nutes will do fine at this time, new growth should appear. The first leaves will usually be but one blade, the next three and so on. A couple of weeks of veg or as many as you like and she's good to flower again or clone off of. The new colas will grow where ever you left the top buds at flowering time.

So many techniques, so little time.

Back
Top Bottom