Re veg

CandyMan421

420 Member
Hi I accidentally put some plants into flower they have started shooting loads of pistols and starting to form bud sites I changed lights back to veg well 19/5 to get them back to beg as wanted to get them bigger first but seem to be doing nothing not looking like they re veging or flowering will they go back to veg or if I have to flower them now will it make a difference? Thanks

AC02795D-9A32-4921-A319-F251E0F6B414.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to the group.

If you put the lights back on the 19 hours of light and 5 hours of dark the plant will go back into a vegetating stage. Since it has just started flowering by the looks of it then it should not take all that long, maybe just a couple of weeks. The plant might not even start to produce smooth sided single blade leaves and instead just stay with the traditional 5 and 7 blade leaves. It should also stop producing the stigma/pistils.

However, sometimes a female plant will go into a pre-flower stage where it continually produces just one set of the small hairs in each node even if the lights are on for 15 hours or more. The plant which is in pre-flower does not go into a real flowering stage until the length of dark is about 12 hours or longer; it just produces the one stigma/pistil without forming buds.

Are you growing auto-flowers by any chance? And, how long ago was the accidental putting the plants into flowering? How soon after that did you discover the accident?

put some plants into flower they have started shooting loads of pistols
:)That is a great play on a wrong word. Pistols are a handgun which shoot various pistol loads depending on the caliber.;);).

The word you are thinking of is 'pistil' (with an 'i' instead of an 'o') which is also the wrong word but getting closer. Anyway, the stigma, which is the botanical name of the part with the two little hairs, is part of the flowering piece of the bud called a pistil. I can see at least one in your photo.

The pistols, pistil, stigma, lady bits, naughty hairs, whatever you want to call them do not just go away when reveg if that is the concern. The plant will just stop growing more hairs. It can take a month for them to wither but they will not fall off. At that early stage maybe 2 weeks max and you will see new veg growth.

Welcome to the group.

If you put the lights back on the 19 hours of light and 5 hours of dark the plant will go back into a vegetating stage. Since it has just started flowering by the looks of it then it should not take all that long, maybe just a couple of weeks. The plant might not even start to produce smooth sided single blade leaves and instead just stay with the traditional 5 and 7 blade leaves. It should also stop producing the stigma/pistils.

However, sometimes a female plant will go into a pre-flower stage where it continually produces just one set of the small hairs in each node even if the lights are on for 15 hours or more. The plant which is in pre-flower does not go into a real flowering stage until the length of dark is about 12 hours or longer; it just produces the one stigma/pistil without forming buds.

Are you growing auto-flowers by any chance? And, how long ago was the accidental putting the plants into flowering? How soon after that did you discover the accident?

:)That is a great play on a wrong word. Pistols are a handgun which shoot various pistol loads depending on the caliber.;);).

The word you are thinking of is 'pistil' (with an 'i' instead of an 'o') which is also the wrong word but getting closer. Anyway, the stigma, which is the botanical name of the part with the two little hairs, is part of the flowering piece of the bud called a pistil. I can see at least one in your photo.
Thank you very helpful Iv had them back under 19/5 for about a week but done a 24 hour light to try get them back on track faster been a week they have slowed down in growth I think they are starting to get bigger again if that is a sign it’s working? And they are Not autos they are definitely photos I got from cuttings (Zoap) Iv added a few more pics of the size of them is it worth the time do you think keeping them going then flowering or should I start again as I’m not to stressed more of a hobbie than anything els … they were only in the wrong light cycle for a week maximum 3days to a week

The pistols, pistil, stigma, lady bits, naughty hairs, whatever you want to call them do not just go away when reveg if that is the concern. The plant will just stop growing more hairs. It can take a month for them to wither but they will not fall off. At that early stage maybe 2 weeks max and you will see new veg growth.
Thanks for information hopefully they back on track soon and won’t affect them when I flower 🙏

Thank you very helpful Iv had them back under 19/5 for about a week but done a 24 hour light to try get them back on track faster been a week they have slowed down in growth I think they are starting to get bigger again if that is a sign it’s working? And they are Not autos they are definitely photos I got from cuttings (Zoap) Iv added a few more pics of the size of them is it worth the time do you think keeping them going then flowering or should I start again as I’m not to stressed more of a hobbie than anything els … they were only in the wrong light cycle for a week maximum 3days to a week
You should be good to go. No real problem that I can think of since the amount of time under the wrong light schedule was not that long.

Back
Top Bottom