Ready for harvest?

A long time ago, on my first grow, I got the hay smell during my dry... it was due to drying to fast and having the wrong humidity... that only happened once.... the key for me is to dry as slow as possible and I keep my humidity at 65% first day then 60% for a few a days then 55% until it’s ready for trimming and jarring.

Need to grow dank to smell dank.

@Zebidee86 - to avoid the hay smell after chop. Let the flowers dry and then trim and into jars. I like to trim off all the fan leaves. Could be you're smelling the fan leaves drying.

When my plants are drying the whole house smells like weed and the smell changes all the time. At the 2-3 day mark the smell starts to diminish. Then I usually trim and into jars.

Once into jars you have to keep opening the jars and even sometimes leave the lids off for a few hours as the moisture evens out. The buds will be dryer on the outside and then the moisture will want to even out in a closed jar. So you need to open the lids and let some moisture out sometimes every day for a few weeks.

I like to use 62% 8 oz Boveda packs - 1 pack to 1/2 gal mason jar. Then only need to burp a few times early on.

I agree with the above to an extent... you can grow dank that had the potential to smell dank but terpenes and the flowers aroma were destroyed during an improper dry so now your dank buds smell like hay... I don’t think curing it will bring a dank smell back to it to be honest but I could be wrong as I have no experience with that... but I agree with the above because at no point does my dry room or jars smell like hay... just great weed. Lol

It's pretty hard to get hay smell in a few days after chop unless you dry in the oven or something crazy like that.

This was Saturday - we were puffing it Sunday. It's perfect and the smell will get more defining with curing/time.

Hey no hey

Beautiful buds friend! What strain is that?

There was a thread here not too long ago, where people were posting about long term storage. One guy had grown a blueberry strain. After 3 months in jars, no blueberry smell. Not even after 6 months, but then at 9 months, he got that blueberry smell. So it may be strain specific.

I have low humidity in my home especially this time of year 25% to 30%. I always get the hay smell when I cure this time of year and the hay smell never goes away for me. I am currently considering buying a tent just for the drying process to maintain a higher humidity in a smaller space, as humidifying the whole house is not feasible. Any other suggestions?

For low humidity get a small 2x2 or similar VEG tent and close it up with plants hanging inside with a bucket of water. Can hang a towel over the lip of the bucket with most of the towel in the water. Wicking and the air will try to even out the rH and raise the humidity.

For low humidity get a small 2x2 or similar VEG tent and close it up with plants hanging inside with a bucket of water. Can hang a towel over the lip of the bucket with most of the towel in the water. Wicking and the air will try to even out the rH and raise the humidity.

Do you think it would be better to run a humidifier set to 60% ?

I agree, I use a tent and hang the fresh cut plant upside down from the top, use a small fan for indirect airflow... I have to use a dehumidifer due to where I live which causes heat so I also have to use an ac to cool the tent... but I get perfectly dried buds every time... in your situation I would recommend a small tent and small humidifier to get your rh where you need it too... your temperature also plays an important role in your drying room.

Do you think it would be better to run a humidifier set to 60% ?
This is exactly what I do along with and an AC to control temperature... and do a nice slow dry... you will be rewarded.

**corrected I use a dehumidifier set to 60% but that’s because my environment is different from yours... if I was in your situation I would be running a humidifier set to 60 and AC if temps get out of control.

I have low humidity in my home especially this time of year 25% to 30%. I always get the hay smell when I cure this time of year and the hay smell never goes away for me. I am currently considering buying a tent just for the drying process to maintain a higher humidity in a smaller space, as humidifying the whole house is not feasible. Any other suggestions?

Try a wardrobe box with the bucket and towel mentioned above.

Also looking for some advice on if she is done.
Strain is Dos Si Dos.
Just started week 7 of flower. I've read it's a 9-10 week strain.
This is only my second grow and as close to harvest as I've gotten.
First grow turned out to be all males.
Grown in coco
Advanced nutrients ph perfect nutes at 1/4 to 1/2 strength. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
19-11-04 20:28:40.png
19-11-04 20:15:52.png
19-11-04 20:07:51.png
19-11-04 20:07:26.png

It’s hard to tell by those pictures alone bro... you should take some pics of the whole plant so we can see the whole plants progress, then try to take some more photos of those trichomes... just so you know, you want to look at the trichomes on the buds and not the sugar leaves. The sugar leaves amber very early, and could mislead oneself into believing its harvest time.

But just based off those pics, I’d say no you got awhile still.

Back
Top Bottom