Recovering from the claw?

basspliff187

I've leeched out the soil twice, does anyone have experience with plants that got the claw? am i just wasting my time and should i chop it and grow a whole new one? I dont really have space for a plant thats gonna have weird buds :\ let me know thanks!
5RuYiC7l.jpg

S45ONBLl.jpg

AKZRcmOl.jpg

Have you checked the pH of your water? Those look like mine did. Severe nutrient lock-out due to high pH.

You want the pH around 6.5 to 6.8. Mine was at 8.5. Virtually toxic to the plants.

Something to check...

Are you giving them nutes? I see nute burn on just about every leaf. How often are you watering ? What Light or lights are you using? What are your normal temps? I am just asking some ? so I can help give you better info that might help your grow

does the soil have slow release nutes in it , had this problem before , when you water you feed , its a nightmare , you think your flushing but your feeding more and more, hope you get it sorted

OMG! YES, I DID! I used Blood Meal in the beginning which is slow release, i think I way over did it! you hit the nail on the head.

Looks like a case of overwatering. Should be watering when the container feels light as all hell. Test the weight of the container during the dark time when water is released back into the soil and lift the container if the weight feels like it did when you first put soil in the container, than you need to water. Should be roughly 5 days, varies based on container, looks like a 7 gallon container, should take about 5-6 days. However you want to water again before its to dry, also the yellowing tips are normal with overwatered plants and is more likely that than nute burn, but could be nute burn.

This also depends on how much your watering when you do. Overwatering has nothing to do with how much water you add but how frequently you are adding water. You should water enough to get run off out the bottom of the containers drainage. Let it dry out for a few days and than water again. My 7 gallon containers take about 1.5 gallons before I start to get run off, I let it drain for about an hour and then put it back in spot. I check the first 2-3" of soil everyday, when the top 2-3" is dry and crumbling I lift the pot and check the weight till its light enough and water again. You will also want to monitor the plant itself because it will for sure tell you when it needs watering.

Edit: it does look like you have some nitrogen toxicity as well.

Back
Top Bottom