Red tips curling up at the top of plant

Morning yall, went into the grow room this morning and i noticed some leaf tips at the top of a plant turning a rust red and curling upwards. I use water from a water softener. My ph is usually 6.0 - 6.7 in soil. I have been keeping the ppm around 500-700. Any ideas on the issue. Thanks
image2729.jpeg
image2733.jpeg

Tiny bit of nute burn maybe. As close to the end as you are I don't think you should worry.
10/4 good buddy, thanks for responding. I will breath a little easier now. I burned em a little before but it never did this. I gave em a good flush this morning so hopefully got any build up washed out. A couple more weeks and ill start the final flush. Thanks again

With that low ppm reading one would not at first suspect nute burn, but that's what it looks like in the photos. At the stage yours is at, (I'd say at least 4-5 weeks into flowering) then just ride it out. If you're using the soluable nutes I know all too well how easy it is to get these little burn marks on the leaves of otherwise healthy plants.

BTW - I've seen posts from hydro purists that ph and ppm don't matter to us sod busters. Read up on it and reach your own conclusions. Personally, I pay lots of attention to the ph of the water I use and periodically I check both ph and ppm of the run off to see what's happening. Some recent readings I took at about the same stage your plant is in showed the ppm on the run off water anywhere from 1200 to 1620...and that's about as high as you'd want to run it in soil.

Back
Top Bottom