Reddog1981 - First Time - Northern Lights - Grow

Ok on this one I've only jus barely started to put a lil tug down on some side growth and maybe have taken 3 fan leaves off but this a fuller plant then the other with plenty more tops. It's hard to tell from all the growth"and that's what I'm searching for help and guidance for" (how to get more light/area to buds and bud sites) do I keep doing what I'm doing ?is that going to work ?is that ok ?or right?
image35775.jpg

Hey! I had a similar issue with my grow, just trying to get the most light to the buds..I wpuld say instead of cutting them I would try to pull them back or down. but if a specific fan leaf is covering a huge part of the bud I would say just cut it down .. Gl :)

Do not despair !!! The girls r only "droopy" lol because it's time for there feeding,now I know better to submit a pre feed pic.. :morenutes::morenutes::allgood::allgood: also I have been doing the Bruce Jenner "tucking" lmao the leaves n such as much as I can all throughout there lives. But their r just some areas that r just so covered with bud sites and have such big fans covering so many of them.. Snip snip.... ya no

I have the CKS auto fem mix going right now. I don't know what any of the plants are, but its possible that one of the is NL Auto :) I attached a before and after pic of one of mine. It got way too bushy and was not looking right. I went ahead and did a heavier defol. The after picture is 2 days after the defol. I also hit them, on the same day, with a good dose of nutes. The before pic is at 45 days and the after pic is at 47 days.

I had serious doubts about the defol, but it worked out well for me, on 3 plants so far. I waited until about 3 weeks into flower to snip

Hope this helps

22298.JPG
P101000159.JPG

Hi Reddog!

Your plants are looking good, but I still think that the temps are too high. Do you have a temp/higro meter applied? If you don't, you should. It is very handy and very cheap (3-5$). The one that logs the highest and lowest humidity is the best. Temp should be 32°C at most at "day", and 16°C at least at night. Humidity should be 50-60% in veg, and 35-50% in flowering stage, to prevent mold.

Hey guys..thanks for the help and the complements ..I dunno y they droop like that though..can't pin it.. The linguist the nursery..lol right nxt. Look great.
image35842.jpg

Now the lights r a lil thirsty to in the above pic so keep that in mind.. But these pics of the bigger gals where fed prior

Also it's hard to tell but I've already defoialiated a shit ton especially on one of them. I don't know if i should take anymore or necessarily if it's going to cause much harm depending on the amount,location and such of removal ?? if there's any rule of thumb r somthing maybe of doing so?

As far as I know, you should only take off 20% of the leaves at most in one session. The bad ones from the bottom or sick, easily detachable ones doesn't count, as the plant already started closing the channels from it. But a healthy leaf leaves a wound and that takes several days to recover. Too much at the same time would stress the plant.

Ok.. Nuteman..There was a few temp spikes of 80-82 max.for no longer then maybe say 2 hours. I was feeding 1.5 base for a while with, 2ml b52,cal/mg,b.bud,c.load, @ 1.5 Ltrs h20 about every other day. Now it's 2ml ... They were droopy before the .5 ml increase though. Still slowly growing about 28" now.. I was thinking maybe poor root mass for the plant size because of all the early transplanting and retransplanting? R maybe the big bud is to much p and k right now? Because the flowers r so little? It allmost seems like that's when the problem started? The light.Now I was using the mh and I switched out to hps .18/6 right now it's about 18 inches away it has been no closer then that. The little ones seem ok but I was allmost tempted to go back to mh?? Also I tried to get your opion a while back if I should maybe focus on the new crop more and maybe keep the mh in if u think the first run is not going to get much bigger and produce well and it allready looks like the new lil girls r going to b awesome. It's just the one light source.. Not enough room.. And about 2 weeks into the first try I allready decided to start again lol... Sorry to throw all this at u bro but it's kind of hard to get a hold of u and when I can..u no.. Oh yeah also the first crop that I'm having trouble with here... How much taller can I maybe expect them to get? So I know if I have to remodel?.? Lol

I noticeda bit more droop when i swiched to my hps as well idk mine has pretty much stoped growing up i feel the tallest is like 33 inch. I hope there done any way lol.

Back
Top Bottom