Relocation info needed any input greatly appreciated

美国合法州地图.jpg

See the map, you don't like cold weather, so move south! :D

Depends some on if you need an income, as then gotta go with where you can find work. Pac NW it can rain a lot at times (or feels like months on end) some of the States get cold in certain areas. South of OR/WA down in California can be like that in the northern part not as much in the southern part, just some areas there is a lot of people per square mile, so depends what you used to. Make sure it readily available before you move some where, as in example some Cities or County's stores aren't allowed there here in OR (they were given the option of opting out of the ballot measure when it passed, they just don't get any share of the Sin Tax money is the only incentive for them to allow it). As southern/eastern Oregon is more conservative like the southern States, as they didn't have a majority yes vote on it there and only passed due to bigger cities on the West side of State. What I have heard WA and CA have some cities like that too, but only by what I have heard so unsure on that.

Baker City here, Eastern Oregon. Ours is one of the places that voted (thanks two one or two loudmouthed self righteous bleeps), to ban dispensaries. So the nearest is 22 miles to the south in Sumpter (which is really a big boon to them and could ultimately cause them to no longer be listed as a ghost town) and Huntington to the east.

Fortunately, the lack of dispensaries locally is not a big deal, because for growing recreationally; no restrictions were placed on top of the statewide regs. Up to 4 plants at a time per household, and no selling it. It can get bloody cold here in the winter; though last year was pretty mild. We are just a stoner's throw away from the 45th parallel, if that matters any. It's a good place to be, with very little violent crime, and other than the usual tweaker plague that the cops keep under control; we generally have Brady Bunch calibre first world problems here, for the most part.

And what makes this town really amusing in its quaintness is that weed has become a pretty normalized topic of conversation, including talk of growing. I mean idle chatter at the grocery checkout with the middle aged lady cashier and the old lady in line behind you subject matter.

Definitely worth coming to town to check out if you find yourself heading this direction.

I saw oklahoma is not included on the map, we just passed a voter initiative this summer for medical. No restrictions on growing locations although municipalities may put those in place. That will be fought in the courts soon. Any disease or disorder may qualify if your doctor says so. 6 plants in flower, up to 6 more not in flower, males not counted, one mother plants not counted...i am at the 35th parallel....long growing season.

I’ve been working my way through this same issue, where to escape from the south to. I personally would choose Colorado for many reasons one of which is a max 12 plant count for rec. if there are two people over 21 in the household. My second is Oregon but there is a four plant max for rec. Unfortunately for me I have to consider two others and so far they lean towards Oregon. I personally would never consider the south (any south) or the mid to lower midwest but Michagan is a beautiful State but cold cold cold in the winter.
Best of luck finding a location that fits your desires.

Back
Top Bottom