Repotting and nutrients? Living Soils

I had the feeling he is someone with a blog who likes and uses BioBizz and wears the shirt. If I understood what he said he did mention that if watering with a light dose the grower has to do it each watering so that the full dose ends up being applied by the end of each week.

Just to be sure I contacted BioBizz yesterday evening. They replied back that Patrick, the guy in the video you linked to, and the gentleman named Dan were with BioBizz in the past but both of them are no longer with the company. They are on their own or working with another company in the growing business.

The tone of the eMail that BioBizz sent me made it sound like everyone is on good standing with each other. It would not hurt to contact BioBizz and ask about doing a lighter dose every watering and if there are any problems they have noticed that you should watch out for.

Thanks for getting in touch with them.

My take from the video is that people often go full dose every other day. He would prefer they go lower dose every day. That adds up to the same amount but is still half what they officially recommend. Either there are too many variables or it just isn't that important since so many people are successful doing different things.

I'll hit them up and see if the official schedule is fairly safe or not. I would hope so!

I believe the newer strains can handle full strength nutes for the most part, but what do I know?
I had some seeds from 1977 that I used no nutes until Flower. 2 plants up potted 3 times and last one was in 15 gal pots FFOF when I moved them into larger flower room. I used 2 gal full strength Botanicare Bloom 6.4 PH to my "A" plant and just well water to the other.
Needless to say "B" (on the left) turned into "A" after that.
I use the same Nutes full strength every watering with new strains with no issues. I start half strength and increase now just to be sure.
Not sure what else it could of been. It did recover somewhat with repeated flushing with well water room temp. This was my first indoor grow. Just sayin. I got just under 6oz out of the 2 in the end.
Film Can From 77 To Today
full strength dying.jpg

Before last up potting to 15g and feeding Nutes.
20210519_170054.jpg

It did recover somewhat on the right.
20210930_075537.jpg

I believe the newer strains can handle full strength nutes for the most part, but what do I know?
I had some seeds from 1977 that I used no nutes until Flower. 2 plants up potted 3 times and last one was in 15 gal pots FFOF when I moved them into larger flower room. I used 2 gal full strength Botanicare Bloom 6.4 PH to my "A" plant and just well water to the other.
Needless to say "B" (on the left) turned into "A" after that.
I use the same Nutes full strength every watering with new strains with no issues. I start half strength and increase now just to be sure.
Not sure what else it could of been. It did recover somewhat with repeated flushing with well water room temp. This was my first indoor grow. Just sayin. I got just under 6oz out of the 2 in the end.
Film Can From 77 To Today
full strength dying.jpg

Before last up potting to 15g and feeding Nutes.
20210519_170054.jpg

It did recover somewhat on the right.
20210930_075537.jpg
Hey hey are you doing OtF ? :ciao:
Typical soil watering is-
Feed with full strength Nutrients (A+B) at 6.3 ph until runoff.
Than let dry really well and give plain water at 6.3 ph to run off.
Let dry well and feed again.
Then dry/water.
Then dry/ feed.
Repeat until harvest.
Some nutrients require a 3x pot flush 1/2 way through flower to clean salts from the pot.
Looks like she came through great in the end.
Hope everything is going well.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey hey are you doing OtF ? :ciao:
Typical soil watering is-
Feed with full strength Nutrients (A+B) at 6.3 ph until runoff.
Than let dry really well and give plain water at 6.3 ph to run off.
Let dry well and feed again.
Then dry/water.
Then dry/ feed.
Repeat until harvest.
Some nutrients require a 3x pot flush 1/2 way through flower to clean salts from the pot.
Looks like she came through great in the end.
Hope everything is going well.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I'm fine thanks, and you?
This is what a friend does but he uses a different fertilizer than I have.
I read earlier here to follow directions on your bottle.
botanicare label.jpg
Mine says feed every watering so that is what I have been doing.
I have yet to get the pot tipping down so I use the meter and poke in the bottom of the pots upwards. 10-15g pots are hard to judge with scrog for me by tipping. I water if less than 1.5 what ever the hell that number is. Before I used to wait till the plant drooped some but sense was advised against it. There is so many ways to skin a cat. It is a weed. This last clone of mine was vegged outside and at 4 wks got completely covered in 8" of snow. She is 4 weeks into flower now and doing well.
I am not filling my rooms now. One light per plant in 2x4 then move to 3x5x8 with 2 plants and two lights when the light is no longer covering well. I'm trying this new modified lazy mans method of my good friend. He doesn't scrog or trim much at all. Sour Diesel.
IMG_20220804_090805426.jpg

You helped me out lots and thankyou.

I'm fine thanks, and you?
This is what a friend does but he uses a different fertilizer than I have.
I read earlier here to follow directions on your bottle.
botanicare label.jpg
Mine says feed every watering so that is what I have been doing.
I have yet to get the pot tipping down so I use the meter and poke in the bottom of the pots upwards. 10-15g pots are hard to judge with scrog for me by tipping. I water if less than 1.5 what ever the hell that number is. Before I used to wait till the plant drooped some but sense was advised against it. There is so many ways to skin a cat. It is a weed. This last clone of mine was vegged outside and at 4 wks got completely covered in 8" of snow. She is 4 weeks into flower now and doing well.
I am not filling my rooms now. One light per plant in 2x4 then move to 3x5x8 with 2 plants and two lights when the light is no longer covering well. I'm trying this new modified lazy mans method of my good friend. He doesn't scrog or trim much at all. Sour Diesel.
IMG_20220804_090805426.jpg

You helped me out lots and thankyou.
I'm not a fan of those meters, aren't as accurate as they seem.
But I understand.
How are you going to lift a scrog? :rofl:
She doesn't appear overwatered so your doing something right. :thumb:
Soil in pots can be safely fed water in between your full strength nutrient feedings.
If you desire.
I've only given water a couple times this summer my self so I shouldn't talk.:rofl:
I'm used to running coco, which is feed daily.
So I feed my coco girls, then who is ever thirsty after that.
So soil girls get fed 99%"of the time when I'm feeding coco.
She is a healthy looking girl at the moment. :bravo:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

"At the moment" LOL
Yea I find that the meter won't give a reading in light fluffy soil. If I feel resistance it will give a reading. I test in several spots if nothing is showing on the meter. I don't rely on the PH meter and cross check with liquid test for fun. The meter has been good so far but I just don't trust it fully because of a story my friend told me once.
I am kinda in the mindset that if it works don't mess with it. The last grow had 5 strains in 10g potato sacs in 3x5x8 area in a 5x5 room and I fed full every time I watered and all looked great throughout the grow. I don't like the crowded space but that was how many clones the wife bought. I like the velcro door on the side and bottom but I find the need to water more especially if a fan is on the pot. I had full roots in the bags but not root bound at all. Lots more room for more but the roots looked more on the brown side and all small fibrous roots. Going back to plastic pots.
This clone started in 3gal fiber and got watered daily (no nutes, not sure why not LOL) just before putting into 10g plastic and sometimes twice if it was really hot (95+) and always very windy here in Windy Hills. I started this clone outside and grew for 6wks bringing it in at night. It can get really windy here and has blew this pot over several times as it got dry. Again, going back to plastic pots.

Can you over feed without seeing signs on the leaves? Am I over feeding?
Would the roots be better off if only fed every other time?

When I water, I siphon through 1/8" ID hose all around till about half gal used. Let it soak in and then poor as fast as possible till at least 2 gals in 10g pot. Vacuum up drain water in tray. So far I water/feed every 2 wks about. Tent is 80F and 70 to 80% RH without the humidifier in. Yesterday I left the tent open while the lights are on to reduce the humidity. Last night it dropped to 47% when I closed it up without humidifier in. I just watered 3 days ago. The sides of the tent below the canopy was soaking wet yesterday so I had to do something different. Never put this big of pot in the 2x4 before.

Interesting. I pretty much flush every time I water/feed.
Am I feeding to much?
I don't understand what you just said. How do you flush every time you water/feed? Are you really running 30 gallons of water through those 10 gallon containers? If you have heard that watering to 20% runoff is the same as a flush, you are terribly mistaken.
If you are in soil and giving feed every time you water, then yes, you are feeding too much. Soil and coco grows are run completely differently.

Good work @SmokingWings :green_heart:

Personal I have found BioBizz to be pretty good at replying to emails as it was some time last year when I was asked about a question ?

The question was raised by a non member of this site who I'm associated with in R/L & follows the vegan life style as you can imagine the ethics involved with purist types will lead you down many rabbit holes to ponder over !

Whilst their nutrient line is vegan / vegetarian friendly :thumb:

How ever worm casts could be considered a GREY area as it is a product derived from passing through an insect/animal but once I explain about some organic methods they seemed reasonable OK with the matter & only saying it is really hard to be a pure vegan.

On a side note - some pure vegans have a dislike to plants grown with animal based fertilizers such as blood, fish & bone for there dietry needs or medical in this case :Namaste:

From BioBizz

"Indeed, you can use the All·Mix Nutrient Schedule for medicinal plants without any problem. In order to obtain the best results possible, we recommend to use the Biobizz products every time you water your plants, which should be around 2-3 times a week."

I don't understand what you just said. How do you flush every time you water/feed? Are you really running 30 gallons of water through those 10 gallon containers? If you have heard that watering to 20% runoff is the same as a flush, you are terribly mistaken.
If you are in soil and giving feed every time you water, then yes, you are feeding too much. Soil and coco grows are run completely differently.
THX for chimein in. I very much so value your input.
I water 1.5gals fast 2 gal total per watering about once every 2 weeks so far. 3 gal was too much.
There are nice roots coming out the bottom of the pot just 3 weeks from up potting. The plant seems to be taking off fine unless you see something I don't. Should I change anything?
I have the lights turned down to 190W and less than 16" away from the tallest. I am running out of room in the tent. These lights should be higher for a more even coverage. 1420umols on this Sour Diesel top.
IMG_20220807_080058304.jpg

IMG_20220807_072908357.jpg

IMG_20220807_075950829.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-074855.jpg

THX for chimein in. I very much so value your input.
I water 1.5gals fast 2 gal total per watering about once every 2 weeks so far. 3 gal was too much.
There are nice roots coming out the bottom of the pot just 3 weeks from up potting. The plant seems to be taking off fine unless you see something I don't. Should I change anything?
I have the lights turned down to 190W and less than 16" away from the tallest. I am running out of room in the tent. These lights should be higher for a more even coverage. 1420umols on this Sour Diesel top.
IMG_20220807_080058304.jpg

IMG_20220807_072908357.jpg

IMG_20220807_075950829.jpg

Screenshot_20220807-074855.jpg
Let me try and remember everything you talked about.
I find it beneficial to water the top of each pot enough to get it all wet then walk away.
Do the others.
Come back, give the pot a good soak, walk away again.
Do the others
I repeat this process waiting in between.
Once I see water coming out the bottom I do it one more time.
Then leave it.
Each time I soak the top of the pot and it drains down into the pot it sucks fresh air in.
So it's good to do it multiple times sucking more fresh air each time.
If you just soak the pot your not refreshing the air as well.
Still works just not as well.
Feeding every time can cause issues.
What can happen for instance is she will eat what she wants and leave the rest.
Next feed same procedure, leaving what is not needed.
Eventually these left over nutrients can cause a lock out of other desired nutrients.
Just because we keep feeding doesn't mean they keep eating.
They will only use what is needed at any given time, leaving the rest.
As far as your lights go, by the time I have my girls in flower my lights are at 100%.
I want them to absorb every watt I have available to give them.
So getting your veg girls upto 100% by the end of veg makes flipping your girls that much less stressful worrying about light.
Obviously I mean without doing any damage to her by giving her light burn. Caveat. ;)
All that being said
Get your light as close as the foot print allows, and still cover the plant completely.
Reguardless of that chart.
Then get it up to 100% asap.
Bump it and watch for signs of stress.
If she takes it give a day then bump it again.
Then watch for stress.
Do this until your at 100%.
Your girls need all the energy they can get now.
Increasing the light will help her empty her pot quicker.
Increasing growth and size, win win.
You need to get your rh stable though.
They won't transpire properly at 80%.
If they can't transpire they can't drink nutrients and grow properly.
You will end up with a sub par harvest, buds will be fluffy shite.
Have you had a look at the VPD chart, if memory serves me right I ran 1.1 to 1.2 I think around 27 - 28 c low 50's rh in flower.
Worked great, got lots of purple pot.
That was with co2.
I'm sure there is more you asked that I've forgotten, too many concussions. :rofl:
Just let me know what I left out.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

THX for the input as usual, Bill
I water pretty much the same.

One more thing to learn about, VPD Chart. Never heard of it till now.

I will cut back nute to every other watering. Makes sense even though they look great "now."

These lights will never be at 100% in the 2x4x5 tent. At 12" full power the center would read over 2400umol.
These lights have lenses and are best at 32". As you lower the light the edges get weaker coverage. By keeping taller tops to the outside I am able to get more even coverage across the tops of the whole plant. Surprisingly they don't look like they are getting too much light so I guess I could turn it up till I see adverse effect and then turn it down.
I thought anything over 1000umol would require CO2? I did calibrate the meter to MFG specs at a given distance. I'll call the light MFG on Monday for suggestions. They answer the phone!

I fixed the RH problem by opening up the tent when the lights are on. My larger room is hard to cool with what I have. 101 yesterday. I need a Mini Split for that room. I have a AC unit for it but it heats up the adjacent room. I'll get it figured out, it is only money! LOL I do have more inline fans and controllers that I could use.
I am just trying to get as much out of the tent as I can as it is in a conditioned space. No need to cool it at least. It is rapidly outgrowing that 2x4 in all directions.

So much info, I need a hit.

THX for the input as usual, Bill
I water pretty much the same.

One more thing to learn about, VPD Chart. Never heard of it till now.

I will cut back nute to every other watering. Makes sense even though they look great "now."

These lights will never be at 100% in the 2x4x5 tent. At 12" full power the center would read over 2400umol.
These lights have lenses and are best at 32". As you lower the light the edges get weaker coverage. By keeping taller tops to the outside I am able to get more even coverage across the tops of the whole plant. Surprisingly they don't look like they are getting too much light so I guess I could turn it up till I see adverse effect and then turn it down.
I thought anything over 1000umol would require CO2? I did calibrate the meter to MFG specs at a given distance. I'll call the light MFG on Monday for suggestions. They answer the phone!

I fixed the RH problem by opening up the tent when the lights are on. My larger room is hard to cool with what I have. 101 yesterday. I need a Mini Split for that room. I have a AC unit for it but it heats up the adjacent room. I'll get it figured out, it is only money! LOL I do have more inline fans and controllers that I could use.
I am just trying to get as much out of the tent as I can as it is in a conditioned space. No need to cool it at least. It is rapidly outgrowing that 2x4 in all directions.

So much info, I need a hit.
Oh fek I just reread my post from earlier on.
It's supposed to say without not with, co2.
No co2.
Did you find a chart,vpd?
Sounds like one heck of a light, but get it as close to 100 % as you can.
Without damage.
Sounds like a bit of work with temp and rh.
We got a mini split this spring.
Great purchase.
Hope you can get one.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Oh fek I just reread my post from earlier on.
It's supposed to say without not with, co2.
No co2.
Did you find a chart,vpd?
Sounds like one heck of a light, but get it as close to 100 % as you can.
Without damage.
Sounds like a bit of work with temp and rh.
We got a mini split this spring.
Great purchase.
Hope you can get one.

Stay safe
Bill284i installed a inline fan and controller to

Being the tent is generating its own humidity very quickly I installed an inline fan and set it to come on at 64 and off at 60 RH. No need for the humidifier inside.
I ended up turning the light on much higher for 4 hours yesterday and didn't see any ill effects. I'll keep a close eye on it today. I also recalibrated the meter for the shorter distance transfer the manufacturers part chart.
Yeah too bad these lights are not sponsored by 420 so I can't really talk about them I guess. Can't even mention where I got my seeds either kind of a messed up policy in my opinion. Or maybe I am missing something? The company answers the phone and is willing to talk high-tech for 50 mins with me. You just can't get that from too many suppliers these days. I got a great 420 deal plus extra 10% discount from a YouTubers site. The even honored that price a month and a half later once the sale was gone so I got another one and then I saw that they had refurbished ones for really cheap and I almost got a third one even though I didn't need it but held off.

Screenshot_20220807-162818.png

Being the tent is generating its own humidity very quickly I installed an inline fan and set it to come on at 64 and off at 60 RH. No need for the humidifier inside.
I ended up turning the light on much higher for 4 hours yesterday and didn't see any ill effects. I'll keep a close eye on it today. I also recalibrated the meter for the shorter distance transfer the manufacturers part chart.
Yeah too bad these lights are not sponsored by 420 so I can't really talk about them I guess. Can't even mention where I got my seeds either kind of a messed up policy in my opinion. Or maybe I am missing something? The company answers the phone and is willing to talk high-tech for 50 mins with me. You just can't get that from too many suppliers these days. I got a great 420 deal plus extra 10% discount from a YouTubers site. The even honored that price a month and a half later once the sale was gone so I got another one and then I saw that they had refurbished ones for really cheap and I almost got a third one even though I didn't need it but held off.
As far as I know stating the light or seed company you used is not an issue.
It’s your grow and you use what you like.
So stating the names usually isn’t the problem.
It’s when members use their thread to promote non sponsored products.
This is the reason posts get deleted.
Showing so stating what you are using is fine, everyone should know what’s going on in your grow.
So it’s ok to tell everyone, just don’t try and convert people to non sponsored products.
I think.
Let’s get confirmation.
@Roy Growin am I correct?
He can tell everyone what he is using just can’t promote it?
Thanks Roy.

Stay safe
Bill284

As far as I know stating the light or seed company you used is not an issue.
It’s your grow and you use what you like.
So stating the names usually isn’t the problem.
It’s when members use their thread to promote non sponsored products.
This is the reason posts get deleted.
Showing so stating what you are using is fine, everyone should know what’s going on in your grow.
So it’s ok to tell everyone, just don’t try and convert people to non sponsored products.
I think.
Let’s get confirmation.
@Roy Growin am I correct?
He can tell everyone what he is using just can’t promote it?
Thanks Roy.

Stay safe
Bill284
Thanks @Bill284 - yes, that's it in a nutshell

As advised in 'Posting Guidelines', anything seen to be promotional such as repetition, photos and esp links or other recommendations is likely to be edited or redacted

Simply mentioning a product to better explain an issue, however, is fine

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom