Residents Left in Dark After Woman Drains Power Supply to Light Cannabis Factory

Weedpipe

420 Member
UK - Residents in a Lancashire town were so puzzled why the street lamps on their road were so much dimmer than everyone else's, they asked the council if it was experimenting with low-energy light bulbs.

But the local authority said the lights on Warrenhurst Road in Fleetwood should be as bright as every other street's.

It was only when the police noticed how dim the area was at night that an investigation began.

They discovered that a 19-year-old woman was illegally draining so much power from the lamp-post lighting system that the bulbs could hardly flicker.
Soon after officers found £100,000 worth of cannabis plants when they staged a raid on her property.

A sophisticated lighting and watering scheme inside the house was being powered by the street-lighting system and officers found plants growing in all three bedrooms of the property.

Lancashire Police confirmed a woman has been arrested on suspicion of growing drugs and illicitly removing power.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Daily Mail
Copyright: 2009 Associated Newspapers Ltd
Website:The residential road left in the dark by a cannabis factory

Bigger is NOT always better,,lol :roorrip:

"more balls than sense".

my thoughts exactly.

I wonder how much power you'd have to be drawing in order to make the lights dim that much.

Still, balls > brains here.

Well what I would like to know is: What did she do to 'tap into' the streetlight power??? I mean it takes a bit of wiring knowledge (duh!) and a bit of expertise and not to mention cunning to cut into and tap power from a town source I would think... At least she should be credited for one hell of a job 'hacking'!!!...

She had a brilliant illuminating scheme... it's a shame she got so greedy in draining the power grid...

I would think, this is just me, but that you would start off REALLY small with your 'tap' because of normal assessments made by power grid management... they KNOW when power is 'leaking'... but she definitely had a 'big dream' that trapped her... It is just too bad all that good CANNABIS had to go bye-bye...:bong::nicethread:

I wonder how much power you'd have to be drawing in order to make the lights dim that much.

Still, balls > brains here.

I dont know for sure but here in canada our street lights are 250w hps bulbs so an entire street worth of them would probably be a few thousand watts. I am assuming the rooms would be average size bedrooms around 10x10 so 3 of those full of plants prolly 6-9000w giving 2-3 lights per room plus irrigation

Why do I have a picture of Oompa-Loompa's tending an indoor grow in my mind? Cannabis factory? Factory?

Yeah. I was thinking that too...factory? Here we go with the manufacturing thing again. Using that kind of terminology always makes one think of cannabis as a drug, not a living or dry plant. It's a kind of passive aggressive way to make people think that an herbal shrub is a drug. It's about time the world acknowledges the FACT that cannabis IS NOT A DRUG instead of perpetuating Reefer Madness around the globe like the title to this article. I swear, Winston Churchill was right--a lie does make it all the way around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on....

I have been thinking about this and i think this 19 year old woman in custody is just the fall guy of the operation she was paid to take the fall probably a street kid with no home food nothing they pay her to rent the place in her name let her live there and she says it was all her that is if she keeps her end of the deal. Watch this one to see if anyone gets ratted out cause 100,000 GBP is like what 200k american if the price holds average she was growing 100lbs in 3 rooms at 2grand a lb.I really doubt that this woman at 19 could tend that many plants alone.

Yeah. I was thinking that too...factory? Here we go with the manufacturing thing again. Using that kind of terminology always makes one think of cannabis as a drug, not a living or dry plant. It's a kind of passive aggressive way to make people think that an herbal shrub is a drug. It's about time the world acknowledges the FACT that cannabis IS NOT A DRUG instead of perpetuating Reefer Madness around the globe like the title to this article. I swear, Winston Churchill was right--a lie does make it all the way around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on....

well said, thats great! :ganjamon:

I just dont think a one girl 19 years old could run an operation of the size they said it was alone there is a lot of work tending 100k GBP in plants she would have to be producing 100lbs of pot at a time. So I am thinking it must have been 400+ plants and noway one person is doing that work alone. I bet she is not even the grower It is far more likely she accepted the fall guy position. I have known lots of people who get sucked in to the idea when they have nothing. I just realy doubt that one woman alone could manage an operation that size alone when would she have time to sell the weed or clean it up when there is as much as they said. Unless they use 2grand per plant way of figuring out what the value is maybe weighed it all wet to make it seem like more etc.

Prolly explains why she was arrested on "suspicion" lol :roorrip:

LOL. I knew a Dutch radio pirate who got busted in the 90's. He was running so much power the lights in the businesses on his block would dim while he warmed up the transmitter and they flickered to the beat of music when he overdrove the audio. Not to mention the audio was coming out of anything that had speakers for blocks.

Back
Top Bottom