Revegging without harvesting

opius

Hi all,
If one is on a budget, only allowed one good quality light, is it possible to put a few plants under the light, then harvest all after flowering except one, and revegging it? Would it cause any trauma or shock to the plant?
The reason the budget is relevant is because I expect a reply suggesting to put it under a separate veg light, but that is only considered something of a last resort.
Thanks.

Also, it would be even better if the plant were able to be harvested a little bit before revegging, if possible.
I ask you experienced growers for a quick answer, not much more.
Thanks again.

The real problem is that it takes a long, long time to go from flowering, to harvest, to revegging and finally back into harvest. Much longer than simply starting from seed or clones.

If you goal is to harvest as quickly as possible under one light - the path that you propose is definitely much longer.

The best method is to use seeds and plant them two to six weeks before harvest (depending on strain and your goals). When the plants are harvested - you can have some more plants ready for either veg (2 week old seedlings) or flowering (4 to 6 week old seedlings).

You will have to buy a cheap CFL bulb to get the seedlings started - but no special ballast or other lighting equipment will be needed. If you are only going for two week old seedlings - you should be able to just put them into a window sill with a southern exposure (in the northern hemisphere, that is). So you could probably skip even the cost of a bulb.

If you want to get the plants ready for flowering - this is definitely possible. But you will need to use more CFL bulbs for added light. And T5s would be much more efficient (cheaper to operate) than the CFLs - but more expensive to purchase.

So the answer is that it is possible... it just takes so long that it is very inefficient and will limit the number of harvests.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer.
After thinking about it, I suppose it would be a good idea to do what you're suggesting, but how about if the plant is kept in veg state while others flower using a CFL for a couple hours after the main light is turned off just for that plant? Would that work?

Thank you for your answer.
After thinking about it, I suppose it would be a good idea to do what you're suggesting, but how about if the plant is kept in veg state while others flower using a CFL for a couple hours after the main light is turned off just for that plant? Would that work?

As long as you fully isolate the light to that one plant - I see no problem.

This is basically what the Gas Light Routine does. You turn on a small flourescent during the middle of the plant's night cycle for about an hour. This is just enough to keep it in the veg state - despite receiving only 12 hours of light every day. Do a search for GLR on this site - it should produce some interesting reading for you.

Flowering plants need absolute darkness or it can stress and lead to hermis - the plant on 18 hours should be separate from the flowering plants.

Revegging can take as long as 1 and half months to convert back - I did this on a cutting from a flowering plant.

Revegging a harvested plant is a waste of time - it has been shaped for that harvest, any branches left will be in the 'wrong place' - or just not easy to shape for the next harvest.

Just learn to clone and clone before sending the plant to flower. by the end of flowering - that clone can be in a 1 gallon pot, and about 14" to 18" tall. You then transplant to bigger pot and veg until the plant is the right height.

DN

Back
Top Bottom