Advice or pics of where to cut for reveg

doggboy

hey hey =)
does anyone have pics or advice of/on how far back i should cut back a fully budded plant so that i can reveg, i have an awesome purple haze plant n due to a horrid heatwave down here in oz my clones all wilted n i sooooo wannna keep this strain, harvest day is tmorra or next, ta for any help:thanks:

Hey doggboy welcome to the forums, I found this written by a user on this site "Medical Marijuana" and he is quite knowledgable, hope it helps never done it myself.

After the buds are harvested, you may realize just how much you want to perpetuate a plant you neglected to take cuttings from. Cut the main stalk down to the point where below several growth tips or buds are remaining. Return the plant to a vegetative fertilizer and photoperiod. Over the next several weeks, the plant will elongate and devlop new upward growth. It is very important not to overwater the plant after it has been cut back. The reduced above ground plant structure is still being fed by the entire existing root system, which can cause an excessive amount of water uptake and the resultant stress associated. The use of products containing ammonium form nitrogen, such as chicken manure or Genesis Formula Grow 2 will encourage rapid growth and stem elongation. Trace element supplemenation, co2 and 24 hour lighting are helpful.

hey zodiac, and ta for the welcome =)
i did find that post but didnt quite understand the wording "Cut the main stalk down to the point where below several growth tips or buds are remaining" .... mebe is just me but i didnt understand,

I'm surprised no one jumped in here.

As long as you leave some vegetative material on the plant below the cut, it can re-veg.

Vegetative material meaning a node where a new shoot is growing where the leaf meets the stem.

thanks heaps for jumping in joe, but dagnammit all, we've had temps here over 44c for the last 2 weeks straight n i think i eitha cut too low or it was jus too hott, cus i failed =(

ur kind words are most appreciated.... we had a quiet ceremony, lit a fire or 2, n let the ashes blow away with the wind, was the way they would have wanted it :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:

I have 2 re-vegging right now(same issue, failed to cut enough clones), I simply cut down to the base, leaving 3-4 small stalks with small buddlings still hanging on. Its been approx 45 days and they have started to sprout nicely, very weird looking creatures. The first set of new leaf growth was pretty odd, they were smooth leaves, no ridges or texture to the leaf.... As they grew out larger, they started to take the shape of a traditional MJ leaf.

They are an ugly grow, what with the dead and dieing old leaf and buds..

But, with that being stated, they should follow along with the rest on the grow and produce some decent meds? Or I may keep them as Mothers, this was more for the learning experience than actually needing 2 more plants!

P.S. I took double the amount of clones for the next grow... ;)

thanks heaps for getting back t me hey =) please lemme know if it was worth the xtra time in the end, cus i'v read some people swear by regrowth, others say it weakens eventually etc etc

You got it DB! I have heard/read the exact same.... Hence the need to find out for myself!

Had the time, the room and the curiosity, so why not?

Sweet that u got the room t try stuff out like that, u taking pics n stuff as you go? n would really like t hear how it goes, or did i say that last reply? hmmmz daimn short term memory...

So I started with some random nameless seed and got an amazing purple beauty. I left two lower nodes / buds on it after harvest. Just did it today, didn't have camera will take some picture tomorrow. On the one I am cloning it out, just like a cutting. And the other I am leaving on the stem, putting it in my Veg chamber. We'll see which one works better. Wish me luck...I been dreaming of a purple plant and to my surprise. Now I may have some growing now because I cloned all my girls out before they started budding. I think the odds are so good that I do have one growing now. Here's a pic of my room, just so all you friend get an idear
Picture_0625.jpg

Back
Top Bottom