Ron Paul and Sarah Palin Discuss Marijuana Legalization

Well, you know what to expect from Ron Paul, but Sarah Palin's comments might surprise you (starts at 6:16):

Though unwilling to support legalization, Palin clearly has some sympathy for marijuana users on privacy grounds and sort of gets the fact that marijuana enforcement is a stupid distraction from important police work. But you can't have it both ways. As long as police and prosecutors hold the power to pursue and punish people for pot, they'll continue to do so, and they'll say they were just doing their job when some poor soul gets their dog shot over a dimebag. There exists a rather fundamental incompatibility between prohibition and politeness.

Still, Palin's comments are interesting in the context of the overall discussion. The whole point of the segment was to bring together representatives of the Tea Party movement and debate some sensitive issues. Listening to Ron Paul's opposition to marijuana laws and Palin's reluctance to defend them, you start to wonder if anyone in the right-wing activist movement still cares about fighting a war on marijuana.

Obama has been attacked viciously from the right for almost everything he's ever said or done, yet when his administration talks about scaling back the war on drugs, the backlash never comes.

YouTube - Ron Paul/Sarah Palin on Freedom Watch 06/12/10: Tea Party Summit p.2/5

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: StoptheDrugWar.org
Author: Scott Morgan
Copyright: 2010 StoptheDrugWar.org
Website: Ron Paul and Sarah Palin Discuss Marijuana Legalization

It is a game... and for everyone voting yes in November we will see how far the rabbit holes go. I am sorry but everyone thinks this bill will save us and open doors... but if they will not leave medical marijuana patients alone, what makes you think they will for rec users...LOL.

Watch as everyone has a false sence of hope and get raped in the end. What we need is a tough bill that will hold elected officials and LE accountable for the laws they do not fallow and to secure the freedom of those held captive by this failure called "the war on drugs" which has accomplished nothing and has hurt more americans than saved.

Again wake up people... this bill is not the saviour you all think it is.

Yes it is something but that something may just be a monster!

I am sorry but everyone thinks this bill will save us and open doors... but if they will not leave medical marijuana patients alone, what makes you think they will for rec users...LOL

I definately think it will open doors, and it has already done a wonderful thing in bringing this topic out in the open. It is getting people to discuss this and think about it, and that is great. As for LEOs, they will do what they do,, we need to stick together and do as much as possible to make it legal, and give the LEO something better to pursue.. there are bad apples in every bunch, but if it becomes legal, I think LEO will have bette rthings to do,, unless the feds wnat to start getting involved more heavily again (as it will still be illegal federally)

this failure called "the war on drugs" which has accomplished nothing and has hurt more americans than saved.
you are right here,, the war on drugs is a failure, and it is a war on us citizens,, which is why we need to start SOMEWHERE it is not perfect, but it is a start,, and it will allow other states to start looking more seriously at it as well. if ti fails, it will just give ammo to the prohibitionists and they wil lbe able to claim that that america has spoken and pot is evil.. blah blah blah.. why give them that kinda power? definately need to vote yes, and get some form of legalization on the books,, then it will be easier to modify down the road,, it will be much harder if it fails, to get another measure on the ballot..

just my 2 cents..

Obama has back peddled so bad he was soft on mj in his pre election
speeches But he has done nothing at all . He was afraid he was
stepping on toes if he said yes so he simply implied he was ok with it
like 'I wont stop states '.

It is a constitution right for states to set there own drug laws but to many
jobs to be lost locking up pot heads .Well we all know how bad we are
get hi and go out and kill people .Well i just laugh and eat but i think everyone
else must kill because i have been told that.LOL

Vote Ron paul in and we will all light up.:goodluck:

She sure can be politically correct when she needs to be! After abandoning her post, the last thing she needs is to turn even more AK residents against her for disagreeing with her own states constitution.
Possession of less than 25 plants is protected under the Alaska Constitution's right... -Norml

Did she also say that a share of oil profits made in other states should go back to local residents like they do in AK? :/

Back
Top Bottom