Sarah Palin: Marijuana Is A 'Minimal Problem'

Former Alaska GOP Gov. Sarah Palin said Wednesday night that law enforcement should not focus its energy on the "minimal problem" of marijuana.

Palin made the comment during an appearance on the Fox Business Network with Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas).

The libertarian Paul said enforcing marijuana restrictions specifically and the war on drugs more generally is a "useless battle," a point Palin somewhat agreed with, though she was clear that she does not support legalization.

"If we're talking about pot, I'm not for the legalization of pot," Palin said. "I think that would just encourage our young people to think that it was OK to go ahead and use it."

"However, I think we need to prioritize our law enforcement efforts," Palin added. "If somebody's gonna smoke a joint in their house and not do anybody any harm, then perhaps there are other things our cops should be looking at to engage in and try to clean up some of the other problems we have in society."

Palin then urged law enforcement to "not concentrate on such a, relatively speaking, minimal problem we have in the country."

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: POLITICO.com
Author: ANDY BARR
Copyright: 2010 Capitol News Company LLC

* Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

The only way to vote IMO is Libertarian.
I love liberty, just like the founding fathers did.
Republicans want to control your deeds, and dem's want to control your pocketbook, Libertarians want neither,and thats who gets my vote everytime I enter the voting booth.

Totally agree. Out with the old as they were the ones who paid back the banks for getting them in office and they forget who they work for.

Also Ron Paul is looking real good right now as does Sarah.

I think that everyone should not vote for anyone currently in office,

BOOT THEM ALL OUT!

As most have NOT been doing their jobs anyway.

Said the same thing to someone the other day. Clean slate. No lawyers. Stop the corruption and there would be no debt to speak of. To much unaccountability in the goverment. There are some brilliant people in this country without links to big oil, tobacco and all the other powerful lobbyists.

Totally agree. Out with the old as they were the ones who paid back the banks for getting them in office and they forget who they work for.

Ron Paul would have gotten my vote if he were allowed on the ballot here. They need to let him speak at the major debates. Not enough people know what he is about. Had they put that combo on the ticket it would have been better. I like McCain but not as a president. I hate not having a good option.

Me too brother... me too.

I think they are afraid to let him speak...LOL... he might make them look like blithering idiots like they are.

the simple fact that anyone cares what she says is amazing to me. even though what she said may help our effort. "they" are basically telling people who cant think for themselves that it should be illegal.

the simple fact that anyone cares what she says is amazing to me. even though what she said may help our effort. "they" are basically telling people who cant think for themselves that it should be illegal.

Sorry but I will take what she says over what obama says anyday for crying out loud... some people fell for the okidoke and the change that is chump change...LOL

We cannot just look at one aspect of a politicians platform. There are so many things to consider. Palin is going to have to say more than "police priorities" to make me think she is a reasonable candidate and she got a long way to go. It's crazy to think if McCain/Palin had won that they would have changed from the Bush bashing medical marijuana policy.

I would'nt vote for Sarah Palin , even if she promised me a lifetime of free erb. !! Are you shitting me ?? I may never vote republican again !! The mj issue is not what will get my vote in the end. I will never vote for Ron Paul either !! Just because we both smoke pot, don't change other attitudes !! Like law and order, good ole boy tactics !! :surf::peacetwo:

That is the single most intelligent thing I've ever heard her say. I still wouldn't vote for her or anyone she agrees with, supports, or campaigns for...

Back
Top Bottom