Room.. Time to start

GreenEydStonr

Ok the room is ready for me to start working on it. It is approx. 8' x 10' x 7'H The walls are a hard resin/plastic type (for waterproofing) they are white. I have several of the emergency blanket things if I need them. My goals are to be able to grow 4-5 plants. I've decided I want to use soil. I posted before but found out I had a lot of work to do to the basement before I could plan this any further. So now the work is done. I'm looking to set the room up to be efficient without breaking the bank. So I'm looking for ideas/plans to start working from. Between me, and my two we should be able to get this together once we decide on a set up. So any suggestions would be appreciated. :):grinjoint:

your gonna need a way to ventilate to the outside and once the plants are bigger your gonna need somehting to cover the smell....a 400w hps should be more than enough

Yeah I plan on making some intake/exhaust fans and trying to build my own carbon filter.

Here are pictures, the first ones are before I finished the room, these are after and ready to be transformed lol

100_8796.jpg

100_8800.jpg

100_8801.jpg

IMG_9101.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG

IMG_9104.JPG

IMG_9103.JPG

IMG_9102.JPG

id use a 600 Watt if yr gonna grow 5 to 6 plants get exhaust in there to get out the hot air and figure out how u'll get fresh air in also get a osculating fan 4 air movement when all is setup test yr room. i call it the HEAT test, to see if u have the wright environment then its time to start them seeds.

Thanks :) Cost me almost 10k to waterproof the entire basement but it looks soooo much better. And it never gets above 76 down here which is great in this 100+ temps plus humidity.

yeah, just had to lay down some cash to fix the drain round the house. we had window wells installed too. work on a house aint cheap!

That is so true.

I've been looking at LED lights as well. I'm trying to keep the power consumption as low as I can. I'm doing some searching on here about the LED's but so far have only found one topic on them.
Anyone with personal experience with these?

Thanks Boss..

Those LED's are definitely out of my price range. The ones I was looking at are on htg supply. I've been looking at a lot of their stuff.

Right now I'm trying to decide CFL's, LED's, or HPS/MH

I can't wait to get started on this... but me making a final decision on what I want lol.... well I'm a girl so therefore I change my mind constantly LOL.

Ok thanks. I'm going to go searching through the forum to find some pictures of others' setups and start setting things up. I have plenty of bagseed to work with and learn from. I'll start a grow journal as soon as the ball gets rolling

Thanks. I live in the basement and have 2 dehumidifiers running (one at each end) so they keep the humidity to about 50%. But I'll def. get some flooring :)
Thanks Boss for the tip!

I'll definitely check it out.

Since my room is so large and I only want around 5 plants what size should I section off for growing. Should I have a section for a mother and clones (i don't know anything about cloning)? I want to put one set of shelves back in there for the nutes and things.

I moved the guitars and the bass' out today... And we've been drawing up some rough sketches.

It'll be a while before
they are big enough to take cuttings for clones.

You got the room use it.

Figure,
2 square feet per plant,
if you flower in the same place as ya' veg.
Could need more,
depending on plant structure(tall and skinny or short and bushy)

Back
Top Bottom