Room.. Time to start

I was planning on having a divider between the veg side and the flowering side. I was thinking about taking the entire back wall and dividing it into 3 sections. Flower on one end, veg in the middle and mother/clones on the other end. And then figuring how much I need to section out (2', 3', ect.) Building a wood frame, and separating the rooms with the mylar style blankets I have.

Ok so the dimensions I'm looking at are 128"L x 24"W x 81"H OR 128"L x 36"W x 81"H
I was thinking since it's so long I could get away with only having it 2' wide instead of 3' but I want to be sure I'll be able to adequately ventilate the room.
This room is a totally concrete room with wood ceiling and one normal sized entry door. It is in one corner of the basement. I figure I should be able to do this fairly easy and it's a good location.
If I do an HPS/MH light set up from above should I also use floros or CFLs around the sides? Also is the reflective emergency style blanket going to work sufficiently for a divider between the rooms as well as the "door"

What would you suggest? The black/white fabric? I haven't been able to find that anywhere yet :(

The final dimensions for the "work" area for each section would be 2' x 3' x 6'7". Does that sound big enough to flower around 5plants?

Not really. For 5 full size palnts, I reccomend 2 square feet a plant. I would go to 3x4 if you can. It will get crowded even at that size if you veg t0 18".

As for the walls, go get plumbing pipe (Like for inground irrigation and build a sqaure frame maybe, (and some corner elbows), then buy some white plastic from the grow supply shops, or use the mylar with anything between the 2 sides of the walls.

watch jorge cervantes ultimate grow dvd, he shows you how to build a grow room from 2 x 4s and the black and white plastic. he also shows you all the basics to growing pot. you can see the video on you tube or order it from amazon.

Ok so flowering 3' x 4', veg 3' x 3', mother/clone 3' x 3'

The pvc is a great idea. Thanks Boss!

Also I'm not positive how many plants I will be flowering. I figure I'll plant 6 seeds, and take what I can get from there. We are wanting to grow enough for us only. We go through about 1/2-1oz a week.

Next question. Where should I look for supplies at? I was looking at htg supply and they have a digital ballast for HPS/MH that I really like but everything I've read has said not to use credit cards, not to have things shipped to your house, ect. So where should I look for equipment? I know not to buy everything at one place and to use cash but I have no idea where to look.

I have read those same things on not ordering online using a credit cards etc. But I have done it many times. I figure if you use a reputable company, you don't have much to worry about. Also anything I can buy locally, I do. For example, there is no hydro store near by, so I ordered my lights online. But there are garden centers so I get the highest quality potting soil they have and use that, also getting perlite etc there as well.

Any of the site sponsors will be discrete and have quality products and service.

I think we have decided for now at least that we aren't going to have a room for a mother/clones. Just a flowering and a veg. So that gives us about 10' to divide between the 2 areas. I figure we should have the flowering room larger than the veg room so we were thinking a 4' x 5' for flower and a 4' x 4' for veg. We are still looking for a place to get a good hps/mh ballast from locally. If we can't find one we may just go with a CFL grow. I've been searching the forum looking at ideas for exhaust and filters too. This is going to be an interesting shopping list lol.

Thanks Boss. That's what I am aiming for. Especially where I am. Small town and LE has a hard on for anything drug related (gives them something to do). Granted I plan on telling NO ONE other than my hubby and my boyfriend. And it's strictly for personal use. I live out of the way no neighbors for 1/4 mile. So I figure leaving no paper trail would be my best bet.

Hmmmm....Your hubby AND your boyfriend?

Looks like your hiding more than a room of pot to me. :rofl:
Just teasin ya.

You can order grow supplies from many sites on the internet using money orders. These orders do not have to use your real name, so none of your information becomes a paper trail for feds to follow.

Thanks Stoner!

haha nah not hiding anything. We all live together :p But that's another topic LOL

I was thinking, with my new dimensions, should I go for a 600w in the flower and 400 in the veg?

Thanks Stoner!

haha nah not hiding anything. We all live together :p But that's another topic LOL

I was thinking, with my new dimensions, should I go for a 600w in the flower and 400 in the veg?

sounds good but if u did use cfls u could probably get away with extracting air from both rooms with one fan

Next question. Where the room is located there isn't a place close where I could vent the air outside. There would be probably, 20-25' of ducting to get to a place where it could be vented outside. Could the hot air just be vented into the rest of the basement?

Back
Top Bottom