Root Growth

DabblerOfTree

Two part question, first What are signs that your girls need some more room to grow. Right now i got a few in one gallon containers and I'm planning on flowering them fairly early, so will I see dropping or physical signs or will they look fine but have stunted growth. The other question is will roots start growing upwards if they cant go down anymore. Basically I started em off in little cups then cut the bottoms off then nicest and plopped those in some containers, now i fear I'm gonna have to transplant them again due to lack of room. I realized that these little guys are pretty resilient and that they can make it through some tough situations, but at what price?

5 gallons are best. I just posted pics detailing changing out plants from 2-3 gallons to 5 glallons, showing root development at perspective stages. See Cherma Pics.
You'll increase the chances of root mold, rot, etc, and the buds being small and not as developed in small pots, than as in 5 gallons. I do not bud in containers. They are all transplanted in the outdoor flowering arena, to finish.

As soon as I transplanted a few my girls looked considerably healthier and their growth picked right up, very informative pics Cherma, much thanks.

Back
Top Bottom