Root Rot nightmare makes me want to give up

tomh2b

i guys. ive been trying DWC on the side to compare with coco/smartpots. And lately im think about giving up..

I veg and Clone in a Rubbermaid 10gal tote with 4x 3.5" netpot. Then I transfer netpots to 5gal bucket to flower.

All reservoirs are fully lightproof..
Water temp between 60-67F...
Room temp between 60-78F
Using 8LPM airpump (Eco2) in 4gal of water

Ive started with Clones in jiffy. waited for the roots to be about 4"long. then put the Clone/jiffy in netpots with hydroton covering the jiffy...

just after a week grows been soooo stunned that ive started a new seed after the second week. Ive tryed h2o2, ive tried Bleach, ive tried bennies. Root Rot ALWAYS come back

EVEN the other seed that I started... In a different dwc bucket, gets the sammmmeee rootrot problem every 2-3days if water not perrrrrfectly sterilised every 2 days

ive even cleaned everything with bleach.. added 1-2ml bleach to the new soup, THAT seem to kill the pythium everytimd and get grow back. but if I dont had some every2days, pythium jump right back in. ???? it seems to come from ABOVE the water...what can cause all this sh*t

Ive tried water under netpot for 1week+. ive tried water 1"under netpot for 3weeks.
ive tried water 2"under netpkr for 1week+

no difference in rootrot coming back the other day

I set PH to 5.8... if im in the good "no root rot day" its still the the other day, maybe 6.0max.
But when im on my Rootrot days, it jumps right back to 6.5 in less then 24h

Im now using Emerald Harvest full lineup.
but had the exact same problem with Advanced 3parts PH perfect...

received_2190161637967731.jpeg

by now, the only way i found to keep pythiun away is to add 1ml of bleach every other day. But if i forget to 1time, bamm. it comes back

My guess is light is going right thru the sides of that grey tub

My goopies all stemmed from light issues, my lids, and I used a similar grey tub that lets lots of light transfer thru it

Any pics of the rot. Brown or gunky goopy mess

the things im not really sure...

My tapwater could be bad, I live in a really small village.

or

my jiffypellets could keep the pythium in the netpot and propagate it back to the reservoir

at the moment. the only place light could come in would be reflecting through the clay pebbles, or the joint of the netpot on the lid

I thought water, re did my filters nothing

Thought contaminated nutes, tossed it all and got fresh, nothing

My guess is light seep thru the plastic

Well with blurple pics nothing is clear my friend

But chase all ya want, minimal light can do a lot of damage

I was surprised when I held my lid upto the light

I out my palm on the backside and could see it BIGTIME!!!

I used duct tape, yes

Try yer lid if you can, otherwise dump the rezz and try it

Over a few days enough light came in to goopify my whole tub

Try it, at least you will know

i work 13hrs/day 5days/week. dont really have time to fight roots problems between job shift hahaha. maybe i should get back to coco.

wanted to go DWC for the fact that i wouldnt have to mix new soup every night and take 1h to handfeed and check everything.

but it seems to be worst LOl

Sterile take longer for goopies to grab hold of, exactly what I learned, but they still grab hold

Do u have z9, it's fantastic and available in Kanuckistan

Back
Top Bottom