Root rot: root oxygen starvation or some nutrient deficiency?

If I am remembering right, the person that we should invite over is @Bill284.

The mix you are using might be called a soil mix but it is not what a traditional decomposing organic based soil.

Yes, your mix is not many might consider a traditional hydroponic method where the roots are often sitting in water or being constantly sprayed by a water mist. Thing is, using a 50/50 mix of coco and perlite is a hydro style grow method since the roots will get nutrients that are mixed into the daily watering and not from decomposing dirt, worm castings etc.. This means that hydroponic techniques and rules should be used.

The pH of the water being used should be at 5.8 and not the soil recommended level of 6.3. Mix the nutrients according to the instructions and in the recommended order. Then water & feed daily.
Hey Smoke :ciao: :thanks:
You pretty much nailed it except " water & feed daily " no water ever. :Namaste:
True coco requires being fed daily, never plain water.
You need to put calmag in your plain water first then nutrients in order then set ph to 5.8.:thumb: then feed to run off every day.
Mix nutrients according to the recommended schedule and you should be fine.
But you need calmag first.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

The mix you are using might be called a soil mix but it is not what a traditional decomposing organic based soil is.

Yes, your mix is not many might consider a traditional hydroponic method where the roots are often sitting in water or being constantly sprayed by a water mist. Thing is, using a 50/50 mix of coco and perlite is a hydro style grow method since the roots will get nutrients that are mixed into the daily watering and not from decomposing dirt, worm castings etc.. This means that hydroponic techniques and rules should be used.

The pH of the water being used should be at 5.8 and not the soil recommended level of 6.3. Mix the nutrients according to the instructions and in the recommended order. Then water & feed daily.
I

The mix you are using might be called a soil mix but it is not what a traditional decomposing organic based soil is.

I'm using coco 50. % Perlite. 50% and I got the plate in bottom no air dome no hydroton just coco perlite ph res at 5.8 it left my tray 6.0 checked pretty regular I gave it to my neighbor to he likes to grow plus I gave him couple clones I got a few little scrubby plants left yesterday seeds and some I got from strainly does anybody reading this shopped there

IMG_20240201_194940171.jpg

Back
Top Bottom