Roots Coming Through Pot

AgedMaster

I have loads of roots coming through my fabric pot do I cut them or leave them the plants fine
IMG_20230825_130911 - Copy.jpg

I have loads of roots coming through my fabric pot do I cut them or leave them the plants fine
IMG_20230825_130911 - Copy.jpg
No, there's no need to open up the root stomata for pathogens. They will dry out and die off by themselves if needed to.

:peacetwo:

Normally they would be air pruned when they get near the edge of the pot.
Are you doing a SWICK grow? The roots will start to grow out of the container when it's sitting in moist soil or water.
If you're not doing the SWICK thing, do you have the plants raised a bit off of your drip trays?

Normally they would be air pruned when they get near the edge of the pot.
Are you doing a SWICK grow? The roots will start to grow out of the container when it's sitting in moist soil or water.
If you're not doing the SWICK thing, do you have the plants raised a bit off of your drip trays?
Hi I have it raised on top of a platter tray theres groves where water flows out it stays a little wet. Ive always used this tray its the first time ive seen roots like that coming out they are down the groves on about 4 slots huge clumps of them the plant is the biggest one it seems to be loving it

Back
Top Bottom