Roots Organic Trinity Catalyst

freelover32

Their website says you can flush with a low dose (5ml), and it is 100% organic, I just was wondering if any of you more experience growers had tried it out or had any input. Here is the webiste link.

https://www.aurorainnovations.org/Aurora_RootsOrganicsFeedingSchedule.pdf

Roots Organics - Trinity

And my journal if you wanna check it out or sub:)

Freelover32's Master Kush - Maui Wowie - Super Skunk Indoor Soil Grow Journal
mkbs1.JPG
mwbscloseup.JPG
ssbs.JPG
ssweek4.JPG
mwweek4_2_.JPG
mkweek4.JPG

awesome! Im gonna say something that 99% of weed growers wont agree with. I personally have grown two plants of the same strain flushed one and continued the nute regimen for the other until it was time to chop. I did this because many years ago I got into an argument with a grower I know about it, he was stating that there was no scientific evidence that flushing improves the flavor of your weed or your chemical fertilizers wont be tasted. I was like, it makes sense for your buds to taste like what you feed it. He said, if your bud was growing outside, it would naturally have all the organic nutrients for it to grow and if it was growing outside, how would you flush it? And the buds dont get what the plants eat, as the number one goal of buds, is to protect the seeds. THC is created as a defense mechanism for protecting the seeds from uvb rays, insects, and other things. So in fact, the plant will digest all the nutrients to make sure the seeds in the buds are not affected. And as much as I argued, That kind of made sense to me, so I had to test it myself. And I hate to say that I did not notice a difference in the bud at all. So its in my experience that flushing is myth. And unless you have tried it you wont really know. Im not arguing with anyone over it as i said I have not found scientific evidence on the matter just peoples opinions and when it comes to me, I have to see something for myself for me to believe it. Not saying you shouldnt flush, cause everyone follows a generic grow code, but I can say there is no difference from what I have experienced.

Its not really about the flavor or taste but the harshness of the smoke. That is why you would want to flush before harvest. Buds are connected to the stem of the plant which carries the nutes it needs to those bud sites to grow. If what your saying was a fact then feeding your plants blueberries or any type of favoring wouldn't have ever been worth doing. Plants will uptake anything that is giving to them in the soil/hydro in turn that means that is what you'll be smoking and putting into your body. A MJ plant is just like fruit plants. So do your research before making comments of such nature. Your not going to eat tomatoes or any veg for that matter if it was grown with poison ness chemicals right? So treat your mj plant the same. :peace:

like i said in my post, i grew the same two clones, and both smoked the same one was not more harsh than the other. Im not going to argue because people are set in their ways, and your bringing up poison Im talking about nutrients that are made for plants. And your talking about eating tomatoes or fruits, when you dont eat the marijuana fruit you smoke it... IF nutes are harmful under any circumstances you wouldnt be feeding them nutes or smoking them. There is no scientific proof that flushing makes a difference. And unless youve ran the test yourself I wouldnt expect you to understand. See, when it comes to weed I find that people would rather listen to everyone else than to experiment for themselves for fear of losing a crop or wasting time which is understandable. I on the other hand purposely grow more than I need to conduct experiments. Cause i dont care what anyone else says, nothing is more valuable than your own data. Thats coming from a computer scientist lol. a brief example, I constantly see people talking about 45 degree angles for cutting clones, and leaving phed water out overnight soaking rockwool. All ima say is this about the soaking, its common sense to me that, lets say a sponge for example, once something has absorbed its full capacity, how long it stays in that absorption is irrelevant. But you cant tell people that cause they think if the have 100% success its cause they followed those steps. I have 100% success rate, without cutting a 45 angle and without phing my water overnight. In fact, I left some clone cuttings in a shot glass jar full of water for a couple of weeks, the last few days I forgot to change the water. I threw those clones in my cloner and in less than 24 hours they had roots and are now growing with the rest of plants. Some people just like to take so many steps cause they think their improving their yield wich is nothing wrong with that. I think people need to see what actually works before wasting time with someone elses remedy for what works. See what works for yourself. Like I said im not arguing with you WIZHIGH nor am I saying that you are wrong. I simply stating facts based on my research and actual studies. I would love to see scientific evidence that plants growing naturally flush themselves, or that flushing even matters.

Now as for the cuttings I can agree with you 100%. And of course if your using organics with growing than I would say No there isn't a need to flush maybe! But there are nuts that's chemicals. And additives that has pathogens like super thrive. That causes cancer so if you either dint stop using it before harvest or flower and or flush really good your prone to putting it into your body and causing problems. That's the thing unless we find out exactly what ingredients that is not listed on the nute bottles it is very necessary to flush before harvest . That is the point of flushing. There's a lot in all nutrients we don't know about.

Ok, Member im not disagreeing with you, but I think if there was a way in any circumstances for any fertilizer on the market to cause physical harm to anyone who takes fruit from it in any way whatsoever the prohibitionists who would to see mj illegal for ever, or the people who tried to say that it kills brain cells or makes you dumber would love to say that fertilizer used for growing marijuana "if not flushed right" can cause harm to you.. We as weedologist all know, no one has ever died from smoking weed. Im sure with the average of people who smoke, there is an amount of people who didnt know to flush their weed before it was grown, or who would know the difference from flushed or unflushed weed to begin with. So to say that anything that has to do with growing weed or the smoking of it can cause anytype of physical harm I say show me the science that backs it up, cause the only science I know, supports the claim that weed has never killed anyone in the history of smoking it, not "it has never killed anyone who didnt smoke flushed weed", So like I was trying to say was flushing is a matter of opinion in the choice of the person smoking it, not science and no where near fact. I actually like a punch in the chest when im smoking, but member both my plants showed same results, just throwing that out there. Oh and just for the record... Fruits grown now a days, use more harmful chemicals than any commercially bought nutrient. Thats why theres people who so called only "eat organic foods".

Im agreeing with you on your last post. Yes indeed. I wasnt trying to disagree with you in the manner of disrespecting your views just saying taking careful steps in the growing process thats all. There are companies that sell products will put up more cash just to cover up the award winning ingredients that they have in there fertilizer line. Not saying MJ is dangerous but the products companies sell are. Companies will kill just to get to the top just for an award ya know. What both of us are saying will be good for the 420 community for readers who feel the way they do about this topic. So ineed we did some good today stressing or point of views on the subject. Great debate you put up :thumb:

thanks bro, love talking about mj, specially while im smoking some. And this is a debate that would last forever. But I have researched this because Im an ol school grower, not really old in my early 30's but I come from a generation when I was a teen we didnt have youtube or the internet. We had to actually go to a library or know someone who knew their shit. We never flushed.. And I knew farmers who grew all type of shit. Farmers dont flush. PLants have 3 stages. Seedlings, vegetative, and flowering. There is no stage called Flushing. That myth began with hydroponic growing. not sure of the specifics. For people to say that flushing removes all the nutes you added makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. Once you use fertilizers those chemicals are in your plant forever. So what, in the last two weeks of flushing your going to remove all the nutrients, from the previous weeks before? your gonna suck the nutes out of already developed bud? What your actually doing is not letting the remainder of the bud growth get its nutrients. I thought we all wanted the best and most from our bud? Ash, harshness, and flavor are all products of drying and proper curing. If your ash is dark or harsh, it needed to be dried a bit longer or vise versa. Flushing is an internet myth that we as 420 community need to acknowledge as a whole. Now if your a flusher and like your results, dont stop. But if youve never not flushed why would you not test it out for yourself as to see what the results are. Take it from someone who use to put earthworms in his soil just for the data. Before you do anything, always ask yourself what would mother nature do. Anything in any fertilizer, that would be harmful, or change what the plants produce, would show up as harm on your plants FACT. you cant just feed a plant shit thats bad for it and it grow like nothing thats not how mother nature works. Chemical ferts or organic ferts any trace of something un natural that would harm us would harm the plant before we can ever crop FACT. So flush on if thats what you do, if your a noobie to the subject I would suggest testing the data for yourself its the only way to be sure about anything.

You are making a valuable point here. Very agreed. So what do you think about salt build up during veg and flower? Do you give continues nutes are you water every other feed? What product line do you use? I will have to try this out for my self as you said. I have multiple in veg stage right now so I will go full nutes and try another with water every other feed. One of which I will not flush at the end.

Well when I veg, I feed randomly, sometime Ill water, then nute, maybe nute again then water or vice versa. Sometimes I go based off how well the plant reacts to nutrients. When I flower, I do a 3 day cycle. Nutes, next day water, then one day of nothing. And I repeat. I do vary based on how the plant is looking. I have some Pineapple chunk, and its very nute sensitive. So ill prob nute once or twice during the whole flower. On the other hand I have a black domina+cheese mix that is handling full doses of nutes. I use ocean forest, so I let the organic nutes do their thing for most of the veg, I use the Ionic line, along with cal-mag. For flowering, Im currently trying out advanced nutrients, Bud blood in the first week, bud candy, and big bud. I have never used these before but so far I am having good results. I use to do the full organic grow cause i heard its suppose to smell and taste better, but to be honest I notice that drying and curing, and picking the right time to crop makes the most difference in that area. And as far as the salt build ups that originally came from hydroponics. You should flush your plants about once or twice a month to remove any lingering nute and causing a nute block in the soil. But thats only watering like 2-3 times the amount of what your pot is. Doing that you shouldnt have any build ups. If you have any build ups your plant will let you know. And if your soil is well oxygenated you probably wont ever get nute block. The only thing I havent done was water cure bud. Its suppose retain most if not all of its thc, but you lose smell and flavor. I like getting high like the next person, but I like my weed to look and smell like the good weed that it is lol. Oh and i would never use superthrive for anything. So your pretty on the money on how I feed

So pretty much we do the same already with feeding and watering pretty much the basics. But as for the water curing yea I will try this once I get a couple harvest going at once. As I found out that when you water cure you will lose about 70% of the weight. But yes as you said The THC will be sealed in the buds as water doesnt extract the thc as if you were to let them hang dry THC will degrade with in the air from particles and such falling off. Pros and Cons to both. Will you start a journal here? I want to grow some of that Pineapple chunk my self. Barneys Farm right? Good strain. Im going all Kush's my next grow.

Well I order through a 3rd party site called sea of seeds, but yes the seeds came from Barneys. I just buy through s.o.s cause I can order from multiple companies and pay one bill to them. I dont think i have the time for a journal but I will def take some pics in a few weeks when buds get a lil bigger and make a post. And yea i didnt even mention the weight loss. I think water curing is only good for a small amount of personal smoke. I cant say I will ever do it tho, but maybe I might just for the experience. I guess most of my grow is kush's, I got master and og but i guess technically all my strains have kush in them, I have jack herrer auto, but this is my first time ever growing an auto so I can really comment on it. I have a sour diesel seed Im hoping sprouts anyday now lol. I dont call it nyc sour cause im from nyc, but I guess you can call it ny sour diesel.

good points made on both ends. I think it really depends on personal preference and the only way to find out is to try it. Good tip and definitely going to try it on my next grow on one or two plants (probably two cuz then I can actually compare variables more accurately)

Back
Top Bottom