Freelover32's Master Kush - Maui Wowie - Super Skunk Indoor Soil Grow Journal

freelover32

Ok so this is my first grow and my first grow journal. I am a legal med card holder in Colorado and wanted to try my hand at growing. I am currently half way into week two of flowering on 12/12. My Super Skunk has 8 main branches that will form into colas. The Master Kush has over 20, and since I got the Maui clone after the other two, I am doing a single Cola on her. All have been sexed as female.

Set Up
8*8*4 foot closet
1-600 Watt HPS
1-4 Inch can fan with carbon filter
2- five gallon smart pots
1- two gallon smart pot
Roots Organics Soil

Nutrients
House and Garden by Van de Zwaan- Soil A and B all the way through
Bud XL for Weeks 3-6 of flower by house and garden
Bud Candy by Advanced nutrients on the Master Kush weeks 1-6 flower
Bud Factor X on all three girls weeks 1-6 flower
Rootbastic- veg and 1-3 of flower
Mykos Azos for beneficials in soil by Treme Gardening (awesome stuff!)
Spring Water from ElDorado Springs Colorado

Temp around 80 degrees farenheit while the light is on and between 65 and 70 when the light is off. It is always getting fresh Colorado Air. The grow is in my walk in closet but I keep the door open to allow for fresh air to come in. The Top 4/5ths of the door are covered by mylar with a hole to allow 4" ventilation to bring out hot air from the light (and pulling it through the filter as well). The room is competely dark because I out two heavy blankets over my window. It allows air in when the window is open, but no light! I occasionally run a humidifier but as the buds start to get bigger I will cut this to decrease risk of mold.

pH of soil consistently at 7-- water at 6.1-6.3

Vegged under 8 -4'*2' T5 for 4 weeks, then went 24 hours darkness before I got them under their 600 watt HPS.

Looking good so far, might need to thicken up the branches on the MK for her to support more weight. Any suggestions are appreciated.. Happy growing. Will ad pics as soon as I figure out how!!! i know you can see them in my gallery

setup55.jpg
master_kush_week_2_flower.jpg
maui_week_2_flower.jpg
super_skunk_week_2_flower.jpg

So I checked on the girls when their lights came on tonight. I have the lights on at night because with the cold colorado air, it helps equalize the heat produced by the light, and then I can keep my window open during the night for fresh air. And for the obvious reason I don't want a 600 watt HPS blasting during the day. On my last update they had just started to show some white pistil growth and tiny bud production. The size of the bud sites has definitely increased and the pistils increase exponentially by the day. Hopefully gettin a good yield under all the light also:)

Their smart pots aren't light enough for a feeding but will be tomorrow. They don't require very frequent watering. Every 4-5 Days. Hit em with two gallons on the 5 gallon smart pots (MAster Kush and Super Skunk) and One gallon on the 2 gallon smart pot (maui). Same nutrients as before, increase slightly every week. Have only flushed about twice. I know some growers like to flush and feed every other time. I think that once every two or three feeds is what I have done. Anyway got some picture updates:) looking good and enjoying life

super skunk bud site week 2 flower 11/29 https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/super_skunk_bud_site_week_2_nov_29.jpg[/img
maui wowie top bud site 11/29[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/maui_top_2_weeks_nov_29.jpg
master kush bud site 11/29
masterkush_budsite_week_2_nov_29.jpg

set up under the 600 watt hps
set_up6.jpg

super skunk 11/29
super_skunk_week_2_flwer_nov_29.jpg

master kush 11/29
master_kush_nov_29_week_2.jpg

WOW! ur girls are lookn great!!!! cant wait to see more on the progress . if interested i uploaded more pics of node spacing. a true sign that the pheno i received from nirvana is for sure indica dominate.

Wow!!! Sorry it has been so long! Any who the girls are looking great! They were on day 28 of 12/12 when I last took these pictures, and the buds continue to swell, today they are at day 31. Anyhow, encountered some ph issues because my pen went out... Luckily it was just with the pH water and not nutrients. So there was some yellowing and spotting on some of the fan leaves. But I borrowed my buddies pH pen for food and he lent me his ppm pen to, with a little advice. his suggestion was hit them with a ton of 1000 ppm of just my Soil A and B by Van der Zwaan House and Garden... So I did. 3 and a half gallons on the 5 gallon smart pots which are the Master Kush and Super SKunk, then 2 Gallons on the Maui Wowie Which is in a 2 Gallon smart Pot. I hit them with 4 ml more of each A and B than they had been getting. And the ppms were only 800!!!! They had probably been soo hungry. But I got my nutrients adjusted and we are back on track. Also.. going to try kushie kush which is a bloom agent for kush plants (got a quart for 50%off $22 and the master kush's nuggets are not near as firm or dense as the Maui and SS, so she needs some more food to bulk up these last weeks before harvest) and Roots Organic Trinity Catalyst, which is another high Phosphate blooming agent which is an ingredient the house and garden line does lack. for the last 2 weeks they get nutrients before the flush and just straight water. Anyway here are some pics from day 28. will post another update this weekend with some more photos. Happy Growin!!! :)

Super skunk bud site
ssbs.JPG

super skunk bud site
012448.JPG

Maui Main Cola Top
mwbscloseup.JPG

Maui Side view
mwweek4_2_.JPG

Super Skunk from the Top
ssweek4.JPG

Master Kush Bud site
mkbs1.JPG

MAster Kush
mkweek4.JPG

Maui Wowie
mwweek4.JPG

Lookin' good so far Bro... Im diggin' on that Maui Wowie.
Shes one of my all time favs from back-in-the-day here in the Islands. I'd fo sure wanna see her when shes done.
... wish I could burn some of her with ya'.
The Flyin' Hawaiian :ganjamon:

word. i know i cant wait till shes got a few weeks cure on her. everyday she gets bigger and bigger buds. I like the idea of a single cola on sativa dominants

Hello! So The plants are doing great they will get fed tonight. Have to borrow a buddy's pH pen as mine is kaputt and being sent back to Hanna. The buds get bigger daily and the smell is getting stronger and stronger. The Maui is a smaller plant and I am just doing a single cola on her so She is going along a little quicker than the others and her top bud is getting so fat. The buds along the main cola swell and are filling it in nicely. They are all on day 35 of 12/12 and I will snap some pics tonight:) Ill take more than usual. The hardest part is uploading them, sometimes my internet connection is shaky..
Any who the Super Skunk is coming along nicely with eight colas. Her Buds are firm and filling in, just going a little slower than the Maui. She is super crystally and instead of having just a sweet citrus smell like most buds do in early stages, she is really starting to develop a skunky aroma!!
And then the Master Kush. This plant is the biggest and has been with me the longest. She got the most vegging time, but also had to endure more stress than the other two because, well as we all know, there is a hugeee learning curve on the first grow. Luckily I had some old hands who gave me some advice and helped me out in the beginning. But yes the Master Kush is looking good, lots of bud sites, Now because she is bigger and taller than the others, to keep them all at the same height, she has gotten tied down, she has not been getting as much light as the other two because she has been tied down and covers more area, hence her buds are not as firm or fat as the other two (stickier though for sure). Now I dont want to compromise her quality or yield, nor the others, but Its hard for me to accept than if she got more light, her buds would be firmer and fatter, and I could increase yield. Gonna work on a different configuration tonight. Dont wanna move them too much.. Anyway The MK will be getting its first dose of Kushie Kush that I just bought last week. And they will all be getting Roots Organic Trinity catalyst. With high Phosphate content on both of these prducts, I think flowering might come along a little better than with just the House and Garden Soil A and B and Bud XL. gonna stop by the grow shop today. Last time I went they had AN Bud X factor for 50% off!!! YESSS. Anyway Ill check in tonight with pictures!

Ok as promised pictures. And as an update they got fed tonight. The will get hit with just water on the 26th and then their last hit of nutes on the 29th. Then it is straight water from there (still looking into seeing if I can use the Roots Organic Trinity Catalyst for a week of flush, their website says you can)

MASTER KUSH

HOUSE AND GARDEN LINE UP
SOIL A-12 ML
SOIL B- 12ML

ADVANCED NUTRIENTS
KUSHIE KUSH- 3 ML
BUD X FACTOR- 4 ML
B-52- 3ML

ROOTS ORGANIC
TRINITY CATALYST-7.5ML

MAUI WOWIE

HOUSE AND GARDEN LINE UP
SOIL A-12 ML
SOIL B- 12ML
BUD XL- 1.5 ML

ADVANCED NUTRIENTS
BUD X FACTOR- 4 ML
B-52- 3 ML

ROOTS ORGANIC
TRINITY CATALYST-7.5 ML

SUPER SKUNK

HOUSE AND GARDEN LINE UP
SOIL A-12 ML
SOIL B- 12ML
BUD XL- 1.5 ML

ADVANCED NUTRIENTS
BUD X FACTOR- 4 ML
B-52- 3 ML

ROOTS ORGANIC
TRINITY CATALYST-7.5 ML

MASTER KUSH BUD SITE
011509.JPG

MASTER KUSH BUD SITE
008706.JPG

MAUI WOWIE TOP
007767.JPG

MAUI WOWIE TOP
006807.JPG

sUPER skUNK BUD SITE
004988.JPG

SUPER SKUNK
0031061.JPG

THE GARDEN
0011117.JPG

Hey y'all!! Just a little update on what is going on. No pics since I just took them four days ago. Will take them again on the 29th when they get their last big meal They got water yesterday on 12/26 and will get their last hit of nutrient mix on the 29th. They get water every three days. Then Since the Roots Organics Trinity Catalyst says its okay to use during flush because it is completely organic (you can check out their website Roots Organic and their product line and nutrient feed chart) I am going to use it first week of flush (week 7) and then I chop on the 14th or the 15th of January. Wish I could let em go longer and gain some resin and more weight but I got family comin in town that upcoming weekend and need to let em hang get get into jars before they arrive. That will give them 58 days of 12/12..

The top Cola on the Maui grows daily and is adding trichromes all the time. She will be about six inches tall and three fingers wide the whole way up until she tapers off at the top. Her bottom is producing some beautiful dense trike covered nuggets> Hopefully get about an ounce and half or two out of her. She ahas a sweet skunky smell with a little sour.

The Master Kush is densing up daily and her nuggets are growing too. She is so sticky you cant touch one of her nuggets without your fingers sticking together or to anything else afterwards. She has a earthy musky and kind of sour smell. Trikes everywhere and she is just so big. She could definitely go longer under the whole light by herself.

The Super Skunk had to get tied up last night. Her branches were getting so heavy that I had to take a gentle string and tighten it around all of her branches Brought them all closer to the light which is good. She could use some more time too even though she is a fast flowerer. I got her a little more directly under the light too.

Anyway I am interested to see how much they bulk up and resin out this last 19 days. Will post pics in two days. Show you the progress:) PEACE Y'all

Sorry I didn't get pics up last night. I have been using my roommates camera and she had it with her last night. Anyway They got fed their final feed. For the next week they will get strictly Roots Organics Trinity Catalyst (you can use all the way through flush as it is 100% organic, not organically derived) and GH KoolBloom Dry (which they say to stop use 3-5 days before harvest, I am stopping 8 days before, still gonna give them a nice flowering boost). with an extra gallon in their watering regimen to help run the other nutes out but not flush it out all at once. Then with 8 days to go I will give a massive flush with just RO Trinity Catalyst and and then just straight water for the last 8 days. Final stretch:) hoping for 4-6 ounces as a lowball, I know they will put on quite a bit of weight these last 17 days. Hope everyone out there in the grow world is doing well and finding success:peace::420:

AH! Totally forgot to mention the fact that I threw in one of my 150 watt HPs over the other side of the Master Kush. The heat has raised from 79 degrees F to 82 degrees F. the highest I have seen is 84 but I have a fan at the exact same height that the lights are and one down below bring fresh air into the closet. I leave my window cracked bringing in a constant flow of wonderful Colorado winter air:adore:

Here is what they got last night

MASTER KUSH

HOUSE AND GARDEN LINE UP
SOIL A-12 ML
SOIL B- 12ML

ADVANCED NUTRIENTS
KUSHIE KUSH- 3 ML
BUD X FACTOR- 4 ML
B-52- 3ML

ROOTS ORGANIC
TRINITY CATALYST-7.5ML

GENERAL HYDROPONICS
KOOL BLOOM DRY- 1/8TH TSP

MAUI WOWIE

HOUSE AND GARDEN LINE UP
SOIL A-12 ML
SOIL B- 12ML
BUD XL- 2 ML

ADVANCED NUTRIENTS
BUD X FACTOR- 4 ML
B-52- 3 ML

ROOTS ORGANIC
TRINITY CATALYST-7.5 ML

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

SUPER SKUNK

HOUSE AND GARDEN LINE UP
SOIL A-12 ML
SOIL B- 12ML
BUD XL- 2 ML

ADVANCED NUTRIENTS
BUD X FACTOR- 4 ML
B-52- 3 ML

ROOTS ORGANIC
TRINITY CATALYST-7.5 ML

GENERAL HYDROPONICS

The Maui and Super Skunk buds are all very dense I am thinking about lowering the lights a little and keeping my window open a little more. It brings the humidity down but I don't want high humidity this far into flower anyway.. Yes I think thats exactly what I will do:yahoo:

Okay Okay!! I know it has been to long. Well I want you all to know harvest is done!!! After 5 days drying and final trim I ended up with 292 grams. So approximately ten and a half ounces. Master Kush, the biggest plant pushed out five. She had some purple in her. So did the Maui which yielded exactly and ounce and a half with a top bud of eight grams!! Lots of purple on her. Last but certainly not last, the super skunk pulled just under a quarter pound. 106 grams to be exact. All are in jars now sitting open to get some more fresh air and will be sealed tonight before bed. Open for 45 min twice a day. Now I will get pics up soon with a real camera, not my phone! So I wont say it is completed yet. But the buds are COVERED in crystals, each has their own individual smell too. And off three plants ten zones is more than I thought!!!!! PEACe and LOVE everybody!!!

Back
Top Bottom