Rosemary defense!

Blueballavngr

Just want to say thanks for the endless knowledge on this forum and help saving me from mites. I used sns 217 or 207 don't remember right now, but smelt strongly of rosemAry. After talking to local care giver, over 7 patients, he uses all organic and between every four plants he uses a rosemary plant as natural deffense. He did say it was 3 weeks before they all left because of there life/egg cycle but it fixed his garden organically. So that's what I learned and hope it helps someone.

Spider mites , if u have had to use any of these products, rosemary extract is in many so, lightbulb!!! a care giver confirmed it was how he beat them out of his garden, because of the specific needs of his cancer patients they request 100% organic. This is what worked for him. And is definitely in and lingers as an aroma in highly recommended products of this forum. So thanks for all the positive vibes and the replies. You should give it a shot, if it doesn't work just think how many things so many of us spent money on before you found your recipe for success. If I'm incorrect if only cost 3.00 at a local garden store vs the 23 u would save on a bottle of sns 207

I've used a Rosemary based organic insecticide with some success. That is I noticed a definite decline in the number of spider mites on my plants but you have to keep using it every 5-7 days. I recently tried Dr. Dirt's Pepper/Garlic concentrate and sprayed in on one of the plants which had spider mites. I applied a light spray on in just before lights out last night. Didn't get to check on how it was going tonight because of a nosy neighbor who came by. I'll get a closer look at them in the morning. I can tell you that even though the Pepper/Garlic mix I made was watered down when I sprayed the fine mist I got a definite cough or two from breathing in even the slightest bit of it so I hope it does in those little buggers. The concentrate was made by taking two cloves of garlic and to whole Habenero peppers and placing them in a blender with about 1 cups of water. I pulverized the mix for about 1 minute and then strained the liquid into a 1 gallon milk container. It was only about 1/4 cup and even by adding a whole gallon of water to it the recipe still called for it to be diluted 1/4 cup to another gallon of water. That seemed a little weak to me so I strengthened it. Just tasting it with a drop on my finger I feel the peppers burning my tongue but only mildly. Still it does seem like it's going to work and it's all organic.

I'll have to add a caveat to my pepper/garlic spray. I thought the mix was way too weak, so like an idiot I didn't take the experts advice and used too high of a concentration. The plant is so near harvest that the damage which happened really won't matter. But the big shade leaves on it which were already fading to yellow and showing nute burn, from my previous over use of Fox Farm regime, shriveled up and died 3 days after I applied the pepper spray. There are still a few spider mites in the buds but this plant has less than two weeks before I take it dry and cure so I'm going to chaulk this up as not proven yet and once again, don't use too much of anything.

Back
Top Bottom