RQS Kush In Coco

Hey Bill thanks! for keeping a eye out:bongrip:
Day 18
22nd.png
Good morning my friend, how is your day going?
Just curious, the green looks a little bit lighter than normal.
Is it just the light washing out the color or is sne slightly lighter than normal? :Namaste:
I see your still using the heat mats, how is your temp?

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

Good morning my friend, how is your day going?
Just curious, the green looks a little bit lighter than normal.
Is it just the light washing out the color or is sne slightly lighter than normal? :Namaste:
I see your still using the heat mats, how is your temp?
Hi Bill, i see you have a sharp eye about it looking a bit on the lighter color i can see that also i was kinda expecting it as i have been using less than the recommend amount nutrient but i wanted see how it grew without burning it.i'm about to make a fresh nutrient mix and will be increasing the EC value mix i'm also 2 waterings a day now i think it will be ok time will tell.
It appears to be at early veg stage and doing a internet search for the recommend ph gives all different values from different websites from mid 5 to mid 6, i have been at 6-6.1 i guess to stay with that.
Temps are o.k there not perfect but it should be o.k

Changed light its dimmed to 120w.
1.png

2.png
Good morning ATHF :ciao: in coco you put cal mag in your water first every time.
Then wait 10 minutes then add your Nutrients in order at full value.
Then you set your ph to 5.8 exactly .
Then feed every day, keep your Coco wet at all times .
But no plain water ever.
That's the basics in coco.
Hope that helps.
Talk soon.

Bill284

Good morning Bill, Is ph of 5.8 best from start to finish with coco, its just that i have read of different values during the grow but if 5.8 works i'll give it a try.

Good morning Bill, Is ph of 5.8 best from start to finish with coco, its just that i have read of different values during the grow but if 5.8 works i'll give it a try.
I grew in coco for 5 years.
Harvest every month from 2 flower rooms.
I ran 5.8 constantly never had a problem.
It's vital you set your ph to 5.8 exactly every time.
If you follow the instructions above you will be fine.
Calmag first every time, full strength Nutrients, set ph to 5.8, feed every day and no plain water. :thumb:
You will be fine.

Bill284

This is the first use with this bar light it would of been good if a VPD style chart was included in the box so it could be use to easily check at what par is been given depending on the dim setting and light distance..that way the consumer not guessing height adjustment to the plant, i got a basic light meter its better than nothing but a accurate chart from the manufacturer would be best and convenient and help the grower accurately set dim and height for the top of the plant for the right par value. I do check leaf for curling if its to close if you know what i mean.

This is the first use with this bar light it would of been good if a VPD style chart was included in the box so it could be use to easily check at what par is been given depending on the dim setting and light distance..that way the consumer not guessing height adjustment to the plant, i got a basic light meter its better than nothing but a accurate chart from the manufacturer would be best and convenient and help the grower accurately set dim and height for the top of the plant for the right par value. I do check leaf for curling if its to close if you know what i mean.
Not sure what size light you have or height available.
Set it 36 - 40 " start at 50 % for a couple days then increase by 10 - 15 %.
Watch the girls if you get signs of light stress, if they are OK do the same again 10 - 15 %.
See how they react and keep repeating until you hit 100 % or get light stress.
What did you get ?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Hi Bill, its a mars hydro fc3000
Also when dimmer is set for this bar light at 50% it draws 120 watts the other 180 watts is on the remaining 50%.
I want to grow with knowing the Par value of the distance from light to the plant, for me the percentage value is on the Potentiometer for wattage draw.

Hi Bill, its a mars hydro fc3000
Also when dimmer is set for this bar light at 50% it draws 120 watts the other 180 watts is on the remaining 50%.
I want to grow with knowing the Par value of the distance from light to the plant, for me the percentage value is on the Potentiometer for wattage draw.
I've got that light.
I put it in the greenhouse at first.
36" on full no I'll effects.
Ran that a couple weeks till I needed a bigger foot print.
If you start at 36" on 50 % then go 75 then 100.
But a meter and a notebook for next time are in order. :thumb:
Keep track of everything.

Bill284

Bill can you elaborate on the measurements is it 36 inches from light distance to plant on 50%?
Yes, so from the top of the canopy, " tallest plants " to the bottom of the light " where the led's are "
I started at36" canopy to light at 50% for a couple days then 75% for a couple days.
No problems were visible so I increased to 100 %.
Try it like that , if they show signs of light issues turn it back.
If not keep going. :thumb:
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Hi Bill, our mars hydro fc3000 must be different in some ways with my Potentiometer setting if my light is set to 50% and 36 inches away it is unusable as the light output is to weak, i have the light set at 50% and 10 inches away from the plant i measured the Par output its about over 400 and the plant looks ok.
I have recently raised light now to 14 inches at 50%

They do have this on there website they recommend 16 inches at 50% veg stage but at the later veg stage it needs more light than a early veg.
lighting-tips.png

Hi Mars Hydro, your welcome to add some input if you like i just took a look at the User Manual included with this light it was useful with setting it up and the dimmer box. I have a question about the grow tip section in the manual it says ph 6-6.5 i assume that's for coco? i really don't want to start something here just looking for opinions.

this is currently what's happening,
ec 1.0
ph 5.8
feed once a day..i tried twice but was too much for now.
light distance 14 inches at 50%
temps and humidity near normal
days 22
1.png

2.png

3.png

whoop whoop its still alive
1.jpg

2.jpg
Looks like that pot is full of roots. :welldone:

Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe