2020 - 2021 Bubble Kush RQS, Bubba Kush Dinafem, Sour Tangie GOG, Strawberry Amnesia Dinafem

I am a complete noob with such things so take this as you will. I have read a few times that BK doesn't stretch much if at all during flower, could that have anything to do with what is going on with it staying short? I know various plants (all plants in general) also take different times to bounce back and may not. Another idea is if you have the weed to spare or don't mind a seeded batch once in a awhile let this grow out and IF the BK takes change the sex and pollinate the tent =] That may be more work than you want though as I know if I did that I would want to wash the tent as to do away with the pollen.

I am a complete noob with such things so take this as you will. I have read a few times that BK doesn't stretch much if at all during flower, could that have anything to do with what is going on with it staying short? I know various plants (all plants in general) also take different times to bounce back and may not. Another idea is if you have the weed to spare or don't mind a seeded batch once in a awhile let this grow out and IF the BK takes change the sex and pollinate the tent =] That may be more work than you want though as I know if I did that I would want to wash the tent as to do away with the pollen.
The plan is to grow the "male" clones in a separate room.
They'll be put in 12/12 and sprayed with colloidal silver.
They should grow male flowers.
Pollen will be collected from each individual plant.

When it is the right time, 1 mother will be brought at a time, in a separate room.
She will be covered (protected) except for one cola. That cola will be pollinated (fine brush) with male pollen.
After some period of rest, the whole plant will be sprayed with water, and put back in the flowering room.

If all works well, I should have approximately 1 cola making seeds per plant.
I know there may be a few seeds here and there if some pollen mistakenly makes it to other colas, but that should be minimal.

P.S.: In a week, I'll flip the clones. I dont care if 1 or 2 is not ready or even dead.
BP

Day 51 from seed :

Huge defoliation.

Photo shoot before watering (they were very dry in the photos).
Much easier to water now that there is more space.

Now we can see more of the structure.

Bubba Kush :
IMG_20210124_094637-s.jpg

Strawberry amnesia:
IMG_20210124_095119-s.jpg

Sour Tangie :
IMG_20210124_095738-s.jpg

Bubblegum OG :
IMG_20210124_100313-s.jpg

IMG_20210124_103244-s.jpg

BP

P.S.: In a week, I'll flip the clones. I dont care if 1 or 2 is not ready or even dead.
gotta draw the line somewhere!

Your plants have great structure....the trunks are massive!

The plan is to grow the "male" clones in a separate room.
They'll be put in 12/12 and sprayed with colloidal silver.
They should grow male flowers.
Pollen will be collected from each individual plant.

When it is the right time, 1 mother will be brought at a time, in a separate room.
She will be covered (protected) except for one cola. That cola will be pollinated (fine brush) with male pollen.
After some period of rest, the whole plant will be sprayed with water, and put back in the flowering room.

If all works well, I should have approximately 1 cola making seeds per plant.
I know there may be a few seeds here and there if some pollen mistakenly makes it to other colas, but that should be minimal.

BP
Sounds like a good plan. I wish you luck! I wouldn't worry about a seed here or there either honestly. Do you by chance know if a female plant produces two seeds if they are going to female? My plant had two seeds and I didn't do anything to make it do so. Is this nature ensuring genes are passed along or would these be selfed seeds(S1)?

Day 56 (8 weeks) : My longest veg.

Yesterday, the clones were move to another room and flipped to 12/12.

In fact, I just put them near a window, and they'll receive natural light (approx. 10 hours daylight / 14 darkness).

- The two sativa clones are doing great.
- Bubblegum OG looks terrible, but has some visible roots (bottom right).
- Bubba Kush does not have any roots (I checked under the jiffy pellet). Bottom left.

IMG_20210128_121656.jpg

Colloïdal silver :

When I needed to buy some C.S., I needed something at around 30ppm concentration.
Many small containers, at different low concentrations were available on Amazoon.
I thought it was pretty pricey for such little containers.
I found a brand with a bigger container and a concentration of 500ppm !
It did not cost that much more, and it should last forever.

Yesterday I diluted some C.S. (in distilled water) to obtain a 40ppm concentration.
The clones were sprayed with that solution for the first time, and this will be repeated every day for a few weeks.

It will be exciting to see if/when male flowers start developing !

Mothers flip :

I'll wait a bit before flipping the mothers. I want to give a head start to the clones so they flower earlier.

BP

Sounds like a good plan. I wish you luck! I wouldn't worry about a seed here or there either honestly. Do you by chance know if a female plant produces two seeds if they are going to female? My plant had two seeds and I didn't do anything to make it do so. Is this nature ensuring genes are passed along or would these be selfed seeds(S1)?

Seeds obtained from crossing females with females will result in feminized seeds.

A female plant forced to grow male flowers with colloidal silver will still carry female genetics in its male pollen.

This is the most common method to obtain feminized seeds.

P.S.: There is a possibility for some seeds to grow Hermies (hermaphrodites).
Even more probability when doing what I'm doing (feminizing with plants that already came from feminized seeds)

BP

Seeds obtained from crossing females with females will result in feminized seeds.

A female plant forced to grow male flowers with colloidal silver will still carry female genetics in its male pollen.

This is the most common method to obtain feminized seeds.

P.S.: There is a possibility for some seeds to grow Hermies (hermaphrodites).
Even more probability when doing what I'm doing (feminizing with plants that already came from feminized seeds)

BP
I think stress will cause one to herm also.

Day 64 (9 weeks) // First day after flip.

I flipped the girls yesterday, after 9 weeks of veg.

The clones were flipped a whole week before those, and sprayed with colloidal silver everyday.
I'm yet to see any sign of male flowers.

Photos from this morning...

Sour Tangie:

IMG_20210206_110404.jpg

Bubblegum OG:
IMG_20210206_110601.jpg

Bubba Kush:
IMG_20210206_111124.jpg

Strawberry Amnesia:
IMG_20210206_111235.jpg

After those shots I removed a ton of leaves and shoots.

Sour Tangie is very bushy, and also she lacks Nitrogen (she's getting yellow).

It is time for a nutes adjustment. I'll up the nutes for the 4 girls, but I think I should water Sour Tangie last and give her more nutes than the others...

For this grow I planned a 6 weeks veg/bloom nutes transition.
I will adapt to the girls, of course.

WEEKS:
1-2 : Veg nutes ~ 600ppm
3-4 : 3/4 Veg / 1/4 Bloom nutes ~ 700-800 ppm
5-6 : 50/50 Veg/Bloom nutes ~ 800ppm
7-10 + : Bloom nutes

In my experience, the girls need so much N for the first month of flowering, I could never switch straight to bloom nutes.

BP

Here is some info I ran across recently. Idk if you will find it helpful, useful, if this what you already do etc but here it is.

Katsu on Cloning

1. Take your cutting from a healthy looking branch that isn't very "woody" - green and flexible cuts seem to do the best.

2. Use a STERILE razor to make a diagonal cut in the stem to remove it from the plant, lightly shave the lower inch of the stem of the outermost layer, then use a rooting powder or gel like clonex.

3. This is the biggie - whatever medium you are using, make sure it is BARELY damp with distilled or RO water. If your medium is too wet it will take forever to root and your stem may rot before that happens.

4. Dome your cuts to keep humidity in. If they seem to wilt, spray the inside TOP of the dome (not the cuts) to raise humidity.

5. After 3 days, start cracking your dome until they wilt, then cover again.

6. Only give your medium enough water to stay slightly damp - never wet. Squeeze out your plugs if they get too wet.

7. Adding Azos (as directed) to the distilled/RO water you use to moisten your plugs before you stick your cuts in will speed up rooting.

8. Your goal is to keep the cuts BARELY alive so as to trigger the plants survival mechanism and throw off some roots. If they are too wet they get lazy.

Flowering : 1 week

Bubba kush
IMG_20210221_095916.jpg

Strawberry Amnesia
IMG_20210221_095703.jpg

Sour Tangie
IMG_20210221_095501.jpg

Bubblegum OG
IMG_20210221_095314.jpg

Never had my plants so tall. I wish I had better control on environment (Relative humidity and heat mostly).

Can't tell that indicas grow much smaller than sativas ;-)

BP

Wow, they're tall! Super healthy looking. Do you think they're done stretching?

Naaah, I don't think they're done stretching.

Sour Tangie is consuming a huge amount of nutes and she craves Nitrogen.
I'm still feeding 100% Veg nutes (High N). Other plants are at 650ppm and seem happy,
S.Tangie was at 800ppm and now (last 2 waterings) at 1000ppm and still losing yellow fan leaves.

The stalks are pretty large, but the branches are so tall... I'm afraid I'll need to support everything if colas grow big.
But its possible those wont produce big colas. The environment is really not ideal. But I knew that from the start and had no big expectations.

BP

Where can I get Dinafem seeds shipped to the US? The bank I used was negatively effected by Brexit and Dinafem isn't shipping anywhere so I am guessing it may be hard to find them now =[
True North seedbank in Canada

I have heard to many not so great things about True North that I am not sure I am willing to try them. Last I checked Seedsman didn't have anything in stock from DinaFem. I will look again rn though, thanks for the heads up.
My message has been edited because I named some seed bank (the most well known) I am not supposed to name.
Whaaaaat ? I just hate this.

Any way "Enjoiyning", I ordered mine from where you think they dont have them.
And I ordered many times with both companies with absolutely no problem.

BP

Yeah... this site doesn't like that company. I am to new to know why and I haven't asked. Brexit broke that site for me as I am in the US. They can't ship much that I have on my wish list anymore =[ Last I checked DinaFem on it, it says everything is out of stock and when I checked DinaFems site about a week ago, it says they don't know when they'll be shipping again. I am not sure if that is US only or worldwide. I have come across their stuff on a couple other sites that I am willing to use - if they don't resend once if the seeds are siesed I don't use the company so I will order from them when its time again assuming they still have what I want as it'll be a year lol.

420 had some kind of falling out with seeds man. They removed one of the strain names from the title in my last journal and then every time I accidentally mentioned the strain in my journal, they reached out and asked me to edit it out. I never figured out what went down.

21st day of flowering :

Big update, long due...

2 plants were lying straight on the floor so I had no means of gathering run-off water.

Today I had to :
- Push the lamp up to the maximum it would go. I got only maybe 2 inches upwards.
- Bend (supercrop) 4 of the tallest colas so plants would fit under the lamp as I need to lift 2 plants for runoff pan.
- Trim 2 milk crates to put the tallest plants on half milk crate, with runoff pan underneath.
- Tie branches together to get more stability within a plant, AND get better use of horizontal space.
- Put a stick on one plant to keep it from falling apart from the weight of the colas.

Recently I had to move 2 of the plants out from under the lamp to water them.
This is no longer possible as I have to stabilize all the plants, otherwise the branches will bend and break.
The 4 plants should now be in their final spot, not move from there, and be supported/tied when necessary.

Bubba Kush :

Bubb_K_20210307.jpg

Bubblegum OG :
Bubble_OG_20210307.jpg

Strawberry Amnesia :
Straw_Amn_20210307.jpg

Sour Tangie :
Sout_Tan_20210307.jpg

4 Bud shots (Strawberry amn., Bubble OG, Bubba Kush, Sour Tangie) :

IMG_20210307_103616.jpg

IMG_20210307_103625.jpg

IMG_20210307_103631.jpg

IMG_20210307_103641.jpg

First harvest could be in about 40-45 days for the quickest plant. Could be ~60 for the longest.
Either way, its a long time for such tall plants.

Back
Top Bottom