SB's Multi Strain - LED - Blue Planet Nutes - 2L-DWC-H & High Brix Trials 2012

Just stopped by to check you out. Sorry to hear you have been sick. Usually when the grower gets sick the plants suffer... no so for you, look at that shrub!

What a nice greeting :thanks: I wasn't expecting such a concise and quick reply at all.

I will opt for LED for sure then, like you said I'm just getting started up(again, after minor fails), so I know I need to find my bearings correctly this time and get some proper experience behind me, I didn't want to complicate things if a hydro system was needed with LED like I originally thought may be the case, thankfully not.

I had a look at most of the one's that are sponsored by you, i'm not sure if this is one of them ... ledgrowlightmanufactorer, they sell from eb@y, it's free delivery to send to my area unlike other's(highest quote $210), and the lights look good and well priced, another guy on here said they are a top quality company from china, I have heard various things about problems with buying from china, but the company looks good to me. Any opinion's on them?

Yeah I've read quite a lot of his stuff on here, he's very helpful for me, and a very talented grower.
I will do, I'm looking forward to it, I'll be on here every night, posting instead of reading, and reading, and reading, and reading each and every thread that goes up.

Also, if you don't mind me asking..
How many plants (to get full potential, Northen lights seed's), would a 300W LED be suitable for in a 4*4*6 tent?
Is LED the best light for reducing your heat signature to the helicopter's that like to torment me from time to time?

This is definitely for another day and probably another thread... but I want to attempt an outdoors grow, what is the best season to get started in the North of the U.K. would you say, April is what I'm thinking, but unsure.

Thank you again for all your help...

Its good to be up on running on this, it has taken me months but now I'm writing my first reply, hopefully start my grow at the beginning of Feb, and be smiling away before the end of May :D

And surf, Hope you enjoy the delights of the Liberty Haze you've just cropped, looked like a lovely plant, I had some of it over in Amsterdam a few weeks back :bigblush: For sure one of the best I tried out there, between that and the S5 haze for my favourite smoke.

What a nice greeting :thanks: I wasn't expecting such a concise and quick reply at all.

I will opt for LED for sure then, like you said I'm just getting started up(again, after minor fails), so I know I need to find my bearings correctly this time and get some proper experience behind me, I didn't want to complicate things if a hydro system was needed with LED like I originally thought may be the case, thankfully not.

I had a look at most of the one's that are sponsored by you, i'm not sure if this is one of them ... ledgrowlightmanufactorer, they sell from eb@y, it's free delivery to send to my area unlike other's(highest quote $210), and the lights look good and well priced, another guy on here said they are a top quality company from china, I have heard various things about problems with buying from china, but the company looks good to me. Any opinion's on them?

Yeah I've read quite a lot of his stuff on here, he's very helpful for me, and a very talented grower.
I will do, I'm looking forward to it, I'll be on here every night, posting instead of reading, and reading, and reading, and reading each and every thread that goes up.

Also, if you don't mind me asking..
How many plants (to get full potential, Northen lights seed's), would a 300W LED be suitable for in a 4*4*6 tent?
Is LED the best light for reducing your heat signature to the helicopter's that like to torment me from time to time?

This is definitely for another day and probably another thread... but I want to attempt an outdoors grow, what is the best season to get started in the North of the U.K. would you say, April is what I'm thinking, but unsure.

Thank you again for all your help...

Its good to be up on running on this, it has taken me months but now I'm writing my first reply, hopefully start my grow at the beginning of Feb, and be smiling away before the end of May :D

Hey there trill-
You'll find a bunch of helpful growers here, those two fellas that posted above you Buckshot and BigIrishDoode each have green thumbs with LED and Soil, so you may want to read up on their grows as well. If you're having minor fails, you should try to figure out what those were due to before dropping dough on high dollar seeds-- sprouting and the initial seedling phase are the most delicate.

I have not heard of the China peeps you're talking about. Again, I recommend the sponsors here as they keep this site, and this community going. The two that I am using work great. Buckshot has a different one too I think. I try to buy local, support the economy, etc. Perhaps there is a company in the Eurozone you can buy from...

Other growers to check out for soil and cloning/seedling tips> Xlr8, Jandre2k3, GoldenGoose77

As for the number of plants in a 4x4x6? It depends on how big you grow them. But, for comparison, I've got a 200W and a 240W in a 4x2x5 tent. The manufacturer will have recommended coverage per light, so not sure about yours, but the theory is you can't have too much light. I imagine 3 or 4 of them would be best. You might be able to get away with two, but the edges would suffer from lack of direct light and certainly penetration. i just re-read your question, for how many plants per 1 300W light, and would guess 3. Again, it depends on the light (shape, lenses, etc), and manufacturer recommendations.

LED's have low heat, so def less worries about the choppers flying over.

Sorry, have no idea about outdoor grows in the UK.

Good luck!
SB
p.s. the LH is really nice. Mom approved.

UPDATE:
Stacked Kush and Breakout clones went into 12/12 outside yesterday, 1/5/13

Looks like the BigBud is almost finished. I think it's barely 7 weeks, a super fast flowering pheno.

The other breakout still has a couple weeks left it looks like.

Took clones of bigbud, stacked kush and breakout today, and plopped one Stacked Kush x 88G13 hashplant in a rooter with them.

Alive and harvesting! Good to see ya ChronicHH
Big Bud came down 2 days ago, hanging still due to the rainy weather a couple days ago
BBHanging.jpg

Breakout budding about 7 weeks into flower and bent way over due to heavy buds. Staked with bamboo, but probably needs more support
BreakoutBUdding.jpg

Northern Lights x G13 Hashplant seed that fell out of a seedpod and sprouted in the dirt of the NL mom, so I left it to flower at 12/12 from seed
1212NLG13H.jpg

Breakout number 2, about two weeks into flower
Breakout2.jpg

Stacked Kush, about 1 week into flower, and covered in spider mites
Stacked-Kush.jpg

Oh yeah, those things suck.

On a lighter note, the Breakout seems to be turning purple in the leaves, very cool. Will get some pics before harvest.

Today all but one of the clones have rooted, and they will be going into dirt.

I'm converting the last of the 2L's to dirt as well, then they will start to flower. 2L's were nice for small plants, but now that I'm flowering outdoors with bigger plants, it doesn't make sense to start in hydro, then have to cut the 2L top off to stabilize the plant in the dirt. It was a nice run though.

This run of clones has BigBud, Stacked Kush, and Breakout, all will be grown under the LED's in GLR for VEG and then outside for flower. I may also pop a few seeds soon too for shits and giggles since the first seed didn't take.

Will post photos once I get started on the transplanting.

Breakout harvest pics: This is what she looked like with no big fans:
breakout3.jpg

Here is the top of one nug
breakout-nug.jpg

And there is purple all over the leaves on this plant. It did get cool (into the 50's!) while she was flowering, but I think she has purp tendencies anyway.
Breakout-purple.jpg

Thanks Chronic and Juicy!

Yup, still at it. Even with all the seeds I just made, there's something so simple and quick about clones... Here they are in dirt this time, start to finish. Mom likes the Big Bud best, so most are that one, there are two Breakout and 2 Stacked Kush as well.
Clones-post-transplant.jpg

real nice SB

Back
Top Bottom