2020 - 2021 Bubble Kush RQS, Bubba Kush Dinafem, Sour Tangie GOG, Strawberry Amnesia Dinafem

The Sour Tangie mystery...

All my plants run on the same nutrients schedule.

ST is always lacking Nitrogen, and receives almost 2x the amount of nutes the others receive.

ST is loosing bottom leaves everyday. Some yellow, but mostly pale green.
I think she maybe has a different PH preference, and I'll try to get a higher PH for her and see how she does.
The top part is still ok (she's allways been pale green) but I fear the loss of leaves is kreeping up too much.

BP

Auto flowering seeds...

My experiment in forcing clones to make male flowers has failed completely.
The 4 clones thrived (even Bubba survived). I sprayed them twice (often once) a day with colloidal silver, but in 12/12 they started making female flowers.

Either I did not start early enough before the flip to 12/12, or I did not apply enough colloidal solution, or I did nos spray enough times daily.... and probably all of the above.

This morning I threw the 4 clones in the trash. Female flowers were nice and all-over... there was no turning around.

BP

Meanwhile, I've managed to create seeds without trying.....
Wow, I read your journal... That's unfortunate that Peyote Zkittles hermied in secret...
Let's hope that there was not too much pollen floating around.
I'm afraid there may be many seeds all over the grow... but I personally have no experience with this kind of thing.
Best of luck.
BP

Day 32 of flowering :

Lucky me I was not working today... the grow room was a disaster this morning.

IMG_20210318_104359.jpg

Only one plant remained up.
Two plants were mostly only bent down.
One (strawberry Amnesia) had several broken branches. She lost quite a few bud sites.

We started by repairing broken branches (strips of wood + duct tape).

We put together a few planks... and gradually reintroduced the plants under the light.

IMG_20210318_132150.jpg

It's very ugly, but it works. Every cola has its place now.

We also did a lot of defoliation so everything could be tighter together and still breathe, so to speak.
It's still pretty tight in there.

Some colas are getting huge an HEAVY !

BP

Rarely do I find that a strain will taste or smell what is implied in the its name.

I wasn't thinking about the taste, but after a good puff from my balloon... surprise!
It left me with a taste that brought me back to my childhood, when chewing on Bazooka gum !

You know, those pretty HARD bubblegums that came with a cartoon wrapper (Bazooka Joe comic strips).

It was pretty surprising, cause Its been probably 35 years since chewing THAT kind of gum.

Bazooka used artificial flavors that were a mix of Strawberry + Banana + Cherry... weird and complex taste.
(artificial pink color too, cause the uncolored gum was GREY).

The sample was not cured, was dried in a dehydrator, and smelled mostly of chlorophyll. I expected mostly a bad chlorophyll taste, but no, it tasted quite ok. Cant wait to vape the end product though.

BP

what do you use for trichome shots ?
I have a USB microscope. Chinese brand Aomekie...cheap off Amazon. I lost the software that came with it when I got a new computer, but now it seems to work fine with the native Windows 'Camera' application.

I grew a strain a few years back called 'bubblegun' (bubblegum x AK47) and I agree with you on the flavor....totally bazooka bubble gum.

Glad your plants survived that crash. You must be getting pretty close.

I have a USB microscope. Chinese brand Aomekie...cheap off Amazon. I lost the software that came with it when I got a new computer, but now it seems to work fine with the native Windows 'Camera' application.

I grew a strain a few years back called 'bubblegun' (bubblegum x AK47) and I agree with you on the flavor....totally bazooka bubble gum.

Glad your plants survived that crash. You must be getting pretty close.

I ordered a microscope. Amazon.ca

Works with PC and Android tablet, 2Mpixels, 40-1000x

Should arrive before April 6th. Yeeee !

Since 12/12 : 58 days
Since first flowers : 48 - 50 days

Strain (Bubblegum OG) supposed flowering time : 8 - 10 weeks.

She's at ~ 8 weeks.

21-04-03 100244.jpg
21-04-03 101238.jpg
21-04-03 101313.jpg
21-04-03 101550.jpg
21-04-03 102141.jpg

I think she's ripe enough for me...
I haven't flushed in any way yet... so I'll think I'll have to wait till next Thursday.
That will give me time to back off the nutes.

She's in Coco coir, so that's plenty of time to flush.

P.S.: Love having a microscope I can plug into my Samsung Tablet !

BP

BTW... unable to remove those two photos at the bottom. They re-appear !

21-04-03 100244.jpg

21-04-03 101238.jpg

Day 63 from Flip 12/12

Bubblegum OG harvest !!!

Alongside a 2$ CAN

IMG_20210408_112402-s.jpg
IMG_20210408_113051-S.JPG

Not a huge harvest (it had only 6 colas), but nice dense buds.

Growing 4 plants under a single 600 watt lamp, I limited the plants to a max of 8 colas.

The biggest yield will come from Sour Tangie (also the last to be harvested).
Strawberry Amnesia should give a good yield also.
The lowest yield will come from Bubba kush; Weak uninteresting genetic, sparse buds, tall for an Indica, etc.

BP

Back
Top Bottom