Vegetative (Day 8 from germination).
Indoor
300w LED full spectrum (real 125w)
Biobizz nutrients
26-27 celsius daytime
22-23 night time
Thrips (fixing it)

Problems: A LOT! Read below.

Fisrt thing first, I come back to grow after 9 years.

Since my last grows did well, I've tricked myself to think I was good to go again. Wrong. I did a LOT of mistakes. First, my set up:
Quick One Strain from RQS
I've germinated 8 of them, but only 6 will be in 5L air pots inside my 60x60x140 grow tent.
Currently I'm at day 8 from complete germination, so in Vegetative stage or late seedling stage.
Now, first painful point: I've bought a Niello UFO CREE COB 300w complete spectrum (so they say) that should replace a 300w HID (so they say) but actually drain just 125w. I think this may be the most urgent problem to fix, because I start to think I've greatly fooled myself to think I can obtain a good harvest with this light. BUT I can still return it, so Is a relative problem. I need advice on all kind of LEDs and Quantum Boards available around with pros and cons.
And I had discovere thrips! Never had them before, luckily enough I've been able to get an organic pesticide to get rid of them.
What I get right is the temperature: no more than 26 (27 tops) celsius during daytime, no less then 22-23 on night time.
I'm currently watering every 36 hours +/-,
because right now my seedlings are in coco coir pots developing root system before put them, coco coir pot and all, in their final pots of 5L.
I'm using Biobizz Light Mix, with the Biobizz nutrients (currently on Root Juice and Bio Grow, first watering with Bio Grow happened today 05/05) following their feeding chart on a slightly less concentration. Is my first autoflower and seems widely accepted that they need a bit less nutrients.
Sadly I still do not own a way to check PH but I wil lget one the 8 of this month, I'll update the info. Solution temperature too.

Problem: Tall and weak stem seedlings. I'm sure enough is because I can understand the correct distance from seedlings with LEDs, I was used to HPS (or HID). I keep moving it from 30cm to 50 and that is bad for the seedlings.

Problem 2: I need a new LEDs, don't I? I want not an amazing harvest, I can be happy with a decent one. BUT I'll also upgrade to a 80x80x160 tent fo the next grows, or sooner if I think I need it for my 6 final potted plants (I'll have to throw or put in mini pots the last two). I really don't want to get back to HID, the temperature control was hell on earth and I'm so happy LEDs are finally in the grow world.

Thank you very much for any help and suggestion I hope to receive here.

Attachments

• IMG_20200505_171812.jpg
    IMG_20200505_171812.jpg
    569.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20200505_171831.jpg
    IMG_20200505_171831.jpg
    821.1 KB · Views: 89
Hiya @EnterTheGanjeon your girls look great! I imagine that light grows great weed when putting the right amount of plant under it, but 125w is about enough for 2 plants. You are going to need more like 1000-1200 watts in there for a good yield off 6 plants filling a 5x5. And Thrips suck, if you beat them you are doing great! Be vigilant or they will return! CHeers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

Hiya @EnterTheGanjeon your girls look great! I imagine that light grows great weed when putting the right amount of plant under it, but 125w is about enough for 2 plants. You are going to need more like 1000-1200 watts in there for a good yield off 6 plants filling a 5x5. And Thrips suck, if you beat them you are doing great! Be vigilant or they will return! CHeers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

Thanks! Thrips are gone, and maybe I never had in the first place it could be that a single plant had an odd look on the first leaves, anyway no more concerns about it.
Yeah I know, too much plants :nervous-guy:I overdid it and now I'm in trouble! I've replace the ufo with my 250w hps but sill 8 of them are growing and don't know what to do, would be a shame to throw half of them... heartbreaking.

Did you return the LED? Hang em both! I wouldn't throw any of them away, just try and maximize the light to as many as you can, smarsh the others in as tight around them as you can, let the chips fall where they may. You might get 4 good 4 eh but you're guaranteed to not get the eh's if you toss em. Pack that sucker full! It's a bit of a pain but its also very fun.

For me, veg light isn't that important. I can leave them grow in veg for as long or short as I want, so if I have less light and they take longer I'm still fine. You could also DIY some extra light that while not necessarily giving you amazing, certainly would make a "eh" happier than the trash can!

IMG_20200508_103125332_HDR.jpg

For me, veg light isn't that important. I can leave them grow in veg for as long or short as I want, so if I have less light and they take longer I'm still fine. You could also DIY some extra light that while not necessarily giving you amazing, certainly would make a "eh" happier than the trash can!

IMG_20200508_103125332_HDR.jpg
Thank you so much, you helped me a lot bro! Sadly yes, I had to return in or I would have to keep, but as soon as the new qb lines are out i will take one and really don't want to keep lights i will not use, furthermore I can't suck all those watts because I do not live alone and there is some pressure to keep watt bills low (even if i can pay for it xD).
Do you think i can keep them tiny in smaller pots? Let's say 1.2 liters? Not all of them, maybe 3 and five in 5L pots?
Thank you again!

Smaller pot = smaller plant to a certain extent. The roots can outgrow the space and cause the plant to stall and eventually rot a the roots...it's called being root bound. I'll attach a pic. The way to avoid this with small pots would be to flip to 12/12 very early which would cause the plants to stay small, but you only have one tent so that would mean reducing the veg time for all 8 plants.

Do you think i can keep them tiny in smaller pots? Let's say 1.2 liters? Not all of them, maybe 3 and five in 5L pots?
Thank you again!
To run all 8 I think this is your only option. It's a fine one you are going to have a blast! Just remember if you are going to stick with that light and only that light for the forseable future, you are going to have to maximize the exposure to a few main plants and let the others deal with the scraps.

This plant was pretty much a few short days away from starting to rot. She was up potted to 5 gallons and lived happily ever after.

IMG_20190419_180247808.jpg

Smaller pot = smaller plant to a certain extent. The roots can outgrow the space and cause the plant to stall and eventually rot a the roots...it's called being root bound. I'll attach a pic. The way to avoid this with small pots would be to flip to 12/12 very early which would cause the plants to stay small, but you only have one tent so that would mean reducing the veg time for all 8 plants.

To run all 8 I think this is your only option. It's a fine one you are going to have a blast! Just remember if you are going to stick with that light and only that light for the forseable future, you are going to have to maximize the exposure to a few main plants and let the others deal with the scraps.

This plant was pretty much a few short days away from starting to rot. She was up potted to 5 gallons and lived happily ever after.

IMG_20190419_180247808.jpg

They're now inside 8cm wide coco coi pots, if I di not mistake the coco coir could prevent root tot? If is the case I could leave them in the coco coir, sure they would be veeery tiny but that would be ok if is somethin that can be done without kill the plant. For the others I'm gonna transplant this evening inside air pots!
Thanks again, you're giving great advice and made me less worried!
I've a new issue with hps, the good old heat which has reach almost 30c, it was far worse in my past grow but this is my first autoflower...

I'm struggling a bit with heat myself lately...I have 13 LED's in a 12x5 room lol! Fans and opened doors during lights on is my solution.

I'm not at all coco savvy...lets see do I believe this very smart person here would be knowledgeable about your dilemma there however... @Pennywise whats the play here?

Coco is good for older plants in small pots. You can water/feed multiple times a day to keep the plant happy. A lot of times I feed twice during lights on in veg. In flower I feed 3x a day.

Coco is good for older plants in small pots. You can water/feed multiple times a day to keep the plant happy. A lot of times I feed twice during lights on in veg. In flower I feed 3x a day.
Ok then! I think I'll keep 3 of them in coco. Yes they do drink a lot! Will be a lot of work to keep them happy i guess but is been my mistake to grow so many of them. If really i can't keep up i can always transfer them but all depends on how much crowded the tent will be. I'm afraid will be like woodstock in there
(Btw I mean coco coir pots with soil as medium, not coco medium).

TERROR AND DESPAIR!
Grim news: my 250w HPS failed me, pr better say, the power transformer fries.
DOOM AND DESPERATION!
Thankfully I had a spare 125w (real watt) CFL so I had not to throw everything away but the TS 1000 I've choose will not be here before the first days of june.
DESPAIR!
This is a huge hit... how much bad it is?

Attachments

• IMG_20200510_225118.jpg
    IMG_20200510_225118.jpg
    714.9 KB · Views: 94
Not that bad. THey are small and in veg, you can either let them catch up or flip them smaller once the good light shows. No worries! You also can do some excellent DIY with stuff from the grocery store.

Not that bad. THey are small and in veg, you can either let them catch up or flip them smaller once the good light shows. No worries! You also can do some excellent DIY with stuff from the grocery store.

I've probably solved, I've actually found a vendor with TS1000 in stock! It will take around a week to be delivered or at worse two, not that late after all :p

Two days before TS 1000 gets here that's a relief! Is day 15 from germination and if the time need for this Quick One is correct I've about one week before it starts flowering
I've also found my way to low down ph in my tap water using apple vinegar, that will save a lot of money. My tap water is a bit hard, 230-250ppm tough.

IMG_20200514_114139.jpg

Finally! They're under the Mars Hydro TS 1000 and a proper light. The Day is 17 from germination, hanged the light at 18' wondering if is ok, they're full vegetating and I guess they could start flowering next week. Already space issues lol.

TERROR AND DESPAIR (again)
I got light stress! I guess is been a shock this light change.
IMG_20200515_210840.jpg

IMG_20200515_210855.jpg

Also... they're starting to bloom!

IMG_20200515_211924.jpg

Don't know what to do, they're not the same height due to the cfl, now I've some at 30cm, other at 17! And the light distance is different, from 18 inches to 15 inche for the tallest! What to do? The TS 1000 is dimmable but how should i change the power?
So hard to manage them, lol.

Back
Top Bottom