My Favourite Strain: 2 Peyote Critical, Soil Grow 440W LED 2x4'

Billpopy79

So I'm 3 weeks into flower on my first ever grow and although not perfect things have gone pretty well.

So for grow number 2 I have 2 peyote critical seeds from Barney's farm.
I chose this strain as a friend grew some a while back an i loved the smoke. IMG_20191206_202140.jpg

I'll be soaking the seeds for 12 hours and they will then go into the paper towel for a further 24hrs.
This method worked well for me last time so no reason to do things differently.

Ok so a bit about my set up.
I'll be growing in Canna terra pro soil and will be adding an extra 10% perlite.
After germination they will be planted into 3 litre plastic pots.

When I have them draining the pots in under 2 days I will then transplant into some new 7gal fabric planters I have.

I plan to feed with Biobizz nutes
Biobizz root juice
Biobizz grow
Biobizz bioheaven
Biobizz bloom
Biobizz topmax
I also have Cal mag and some real growers recharge.

I have built myself a veg area with reflective insulation boards, it measures 58cm X 105cm and is 115cm in height. I had to build to maximise the space I had available as I couldn't find a tent to fit.
This will be fitted out with a couple of pc fans for air movement and ventilation.
I have a 35w CFL I will use for the first week of seedling stage.
I then have a 300w kingbo and a Mars 96 reflector which will provide light for the rest of veg, I don't know the true wattage but they should be enough for vegging.

I plan to veg for 6-8 weeks. I want them to fill the 2x4 bloom tent before I flip where they will go under 440w of custom built Samsung led strips.
The plan is to top once and quadline both plants.

I've a lot to learn but I feel I've learned enough with my fist grow so should hopefully do these plants justice.

I allways wanted to try and grow out Barneys farms seeds another seed bank with killa genetics imo
I've not grown anything else to compare them to but so far so good.
The 8 ball kush currently growing is so far exactly as described.
I get them from the vault and the service has been excellent.

Well the seeds have been soaking for 16hrs.
I went to put them in the paper towel and both had split and were showing nearly 1cm of tap root.
That has amazed me as my last seeds took a further 24hrs in the paper towel to show the root.

These little seeds want to grow and I'll take this as a good sign.

They are now sitting in their little 3ltr homes. The CFL is now their sun and I'll run it 24hrs for a week before they go under the kingbo led with a 19-5 lighting schedule. Soil is nice and moist and I'll keep it that way until I'm sure the tap root has hit the bottom of the pots.

I've not grown anything else to compare them to but so far so good.
The 8 ball kush currently growing is so far exactly as described.
I get them from the vault and the service has been excellent.
Yer man iv only heard good things!!!

Just 2 days on and these little seedlings seem to be desperate to grow into big girls.

I can't believe just 5 days ago these were seeds in a packet.

I will water today and give each pot 500ml with 2ml of root juice, I will water to around a 3" diameter of the seedlings to try and get the roots stretching out.

I planned to have these under the CFL for the first week but once I have the 2nd set of leaves fully open I will put them under my 300w kingbo blurple.

IMG_20191216_225207.jpg
IMG_20191216_225122.jpg

Day 4 and we are looking very good, my last seedlings were nowhere near this big so soon,
IMG_20191223_000903.jpg
IMG_20191223_000826.jpg
the pots are still wet so they are a couple of days from the first full watering.

I'm going to put them under the kingbo led 19-5 and see how they like the extra light.
I'll probably start at around 18" height and lower an inch every day to find the sweet spot for the light height.

Day 6
Well they have responded to the extra light with a real growth spurt.
It's always exciting when you can start to smell weed from them.
IMG_20191226_235735.jpg
IMG_20191226_235726.jpg

I do have a tiny bit of UV burn, I've moved my led up to 19" which is the highest I can get it in my seedling closet.

There is still a tiny bit of weight to the pots so I will give them one more day so the roots can stretch out and find that water.
When I do water I'm going to give them their first light feeding and see how they respond.

I got a seperate veg tent for next grow. How many watts would carry me through veg? I'm going to use my vipar450 for veg tent. That's 200 watt draw mostly blue spectrum. In my flower im getting this: Series 2+ SQ² Red Spec 250 Watt Dimmable Grow Light
I don't think you need too many watts in veg, I used my 300w for 3 plants and it did ok. I would guess it's only around 90w draw.
This time I'll be adding the mars96 so should be around 200w total draw for veg.
I also only turn on the bloom switch at around 4 weeks as I think running the veg switch only keeps the node spacing nice and tight.

That series 2 will be the mutts nuts for bloom.

I got a seperate veg tent for next grow. How many watts would carry me through veg? I'm going to use my vipar450 for veg tent. That's 200 watt draw mostly blue spectrum. In my flower im getting this: Series 2+ SQ² Red Spec 250 Watt Dimmable Grow Light
Just a thought but have you considered building your own strips?
For that price using 4 of the 1120mm length Samsung strips and a meanwell driver you could get 420watts and an amazing coverage.
Mine only took about an hour to build.

Just a thought but have you considered building your own strips?
For that price using 4 of the 1120mm length Samsung strips and a meanwell driver you could get 420watts and an amazing coverage.
Mine only took about an hour to build.
I definitely have I'm just a big fan of plug and play + warranty. Although 420 watts sounds sweet... Let me think on this.

I don't think you need too many watts in veg, I used my 300w for 3 plants and it did ok. I would guess it's only around 90w draw.
This time I'll be adding the mars96 so should be around 200w total draw for veg.
I also only turn on the bloom switch at around 4 weeks as I think running the veg switch only keeps the node spacing nice and tight.

That series 2 will be the mutts nuts for bloom.
I can run my current setup for veg, and Bloom switch to my new light which will put me at 450 total watts with better tech. So I'd still have 400 veg watts just more blue lighting.. didn't mention I was gonna use the other smaller lights. I have a 120qb and 2 50 watt panel lights also.

Day 8 and I honestly can not believe the growth of these plants.

They are still getting a bit of UV burn. I'll move them to the veg tent soon so I can get the light a little higher

Pots were totally drained and they had a little wilt so I know the roots are stretching to the edges of the 3 litre pots.

They have had just over a litre of water between them.
4ml root juice
0.5ml bio grow
pH 6
IMG_20191230_133539.jpg
IMG_20191230_133516.jpg

Day 11 veg.

Still getting really fast growth with these plants.
The 3 litre pots are pretty much bone dry so I'll water later today.
I noticed a tiny bit of nute burn on the tips so I'll stick at the same dosage and try upping it a little next time.
I'll add the extra Mars light when I water as I think they are strong enough to deal with some more light.
They are also getting their tops chopped tomorrow and I'll have a go at quadlining them.
IMG_20200102_134434.jpg
IMG_20200102_134405.jpg

So a week on since I updated and my poor lol plants have had a near death experience.
I put them under my Mars light and the first day they responded really well to the extra light.
The next day when I went to check on them the ratchet hangar I'd used had lowered itself and the light was resting on 2 crushed and crispy looking plants.
Lesson to me, use 2 hangars for the bigger light and tie the loose ends up.
Fortunately they are recovering, a few burnt leaves and a few days of stalled growth is all.
They have showed signs of new growth so today I've transplanted to 3 gal pots and topped them both.
They are looking a bit sorry but hopefully in another week they will be flying again.
IMG_20200112_201024.jpg
IMG_20200112_201009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom