My Favourite Strain: 2 Peyote Critical, Soil Grow 440W LED 2x4'

:ciao:
Just realized you had two journals on the go! :)
Hey MrS
Hope you're having a great day,
Started this journal as I want a record of everything I do wrong :cool:
Hopefully I'll have no more disasters with these ladies :hug:

Day 29.
Ok so these ladies will not be kept down.
They seem to have recovered and are kicking back into top gear again.
I'll give them a few more days growth and then they will begin their training.
They had their first full watering in the 10 litre pots today.
1ml bio grow
0.25 ml Cal mag
Ph5.8
They took a little under 5litres before run off.
I can see roots at the bottom of the pots already so as soon as I get them needing water every couple of days they will go into their big girl 7gal fabric pots.
IMG_20200117_225842.jpg

A check on the ladies and we have great growth again.
All new growth looking nice and healthy.
They are not yet ready for water but I think the pots will be dry by tomorrow.
I've tried down the two tops and will start training the outwards.
In a few days I will top each top again and let them go.
They still have over 3 weeks before I plan to flip so at this rate they will fill my 2x4 completely.
I will get some better natural light pictures next time :laughtwo:
IMG_20200120_184834.jpg

Veg day 36

So the ladies have been watered today, I can see a good few roots through the drain holes and that's now a 4 day wet/dry cycle in these pots.
As soon as they need watering every 2 days I will transplant to the 7 gal fabric pots.

They seem to be ok after their 2nd topping the other day and all growth looks healthy and green.
Lights have gone up another inch to account for the vertical growth.
I'm seeing a few leaf tips curled down and they are a really rich green so I'll keep the nitrogen low for now.
They don't seem to need lots of nutes so I watered with
0.5ml biogrow
Ph5.8.
I have exactly 20 more days before I need to flip to 12-12 so I think these will be a good size by then.
IMG_20200124_194743.jpg
IMG_20200124_194715.jpg
IMG_20200124_194636.jpg
IMG_20200124_194602.jpg
IMG_20200124_194538.jpg

:ciao:
Just realized you had two journals on the go! :)
Me too!
Looks great in here Bill!
What size pots are your PC in? They’re looking lovely and bushy now. Now that you’ve stopped dropping stuff on them :oops:
I too use canna terra pro. I learned from you that it isn’t soil and now you’re calling it soil again. Are you doing that deliberately because you know I’m really a donkey?
It behoofs me to try and understand what I read :p

Me too!
Looks great in here Bill!
What size pots are your PC in? They’re looking lovely and bushy now. Now that you’ve stopped dropping stuff on them :oops:
I too use canna terra pro. I learned from you that it isn’t soil and now you’re calling it soil again. Are you doing that deliberately because you know I’m really a donkey?
It behoofs me to try and understand what I read :p
Hi Donkeydick.
They are actually 10 litre pots, I order 3 gallon but got these instead.
Yes it's just a habit calling it soil, it looks like soil and feels like soil so it should deserve the title soil. :laughtwo:
Behoofs, I've not heard that before :thumb:

It was a stretch. Old american way of spelling behoves.
Yes! On the ‘soil’. I’m turning my amended and preloved stuff into soil between runs. It’s too expensive to keep throwing it away.

It was a stretch. Old american way of spelling behoves.
Yes! On the ‘soil’. I’m turning my amended and preloved stuff into soil between runs. It’s too expensive to keep throwing it away.
I've been researching amending soil for reuse, I might start turning some of it over to reuse.
I get it pretty cheap but it seems a waste and it's a PITA driving 20mins to buy more.
It's also something as I get more experience I could possibly play around with and try and find a sweetspot.

That was my original thought - a base from which to build a supersoil. Not so worried now I’m running megacrop, but I’ll still try to build that CT into a decent soil as I go.

So I was thinking of what I need to tie down the plants once they are in the 7 gal fabric pots and my wife came up with this.
Little metal eyelets punched in round the top.
Ill add a circle of stiff wire round the inner rim to stop the edges pulling in and deforming the pots.
I'll also add a few more eyelets to give me plenty of tie down points but I think it should work well :)
IMG_20200126_143435.jpg
IMG_20200126_143421.jpg

So I was thinking of what I need to tie down the plants once they are in the 7 gal fabric pots and my wife came up with this.
Little metal eyelets punched in round the top.
Ill add a circle of stiff wire round the inner rim to stop the edges pulling in and deforming the pots.
I'll also add a few more eyelets to give me plenty of tie down points but I think it should work well :)
OMG that's brilliant!! Tell her she did a great job with a wonderful idea!
I bookmarked it so I can send others to see!

The finished product sounds great after the wire reinforcing.

OMG that's brilliant!! tell her she did a great job with a wonderful idea!
I bookmarked it so I can send others to see!

The finished product sounds great after the wire reinforcing.
She's not a bad wife, I may let her stay a little longer :laughtwo:

Veg day 40.
Watering day today.

I checked the ladies just after lights on and they had some serious wilt going on.
Watered with
0.5ml biogrow
0.5ml bioheaven
Ph5.8 within a couple of hours they were up and praying to the light again.
They seem to have a better colour and no hooked leaves with less nitrogen so I've kept it low again. I'll try upping to 0.75ml next watering.
I've topped a couple of dominant tops again and tightend down their restraints a little more.
No pics today because I'm lazy and there isn't much to see yet

Veg day 45.

We have good growth since topping 5 days ago.
Everything looking happy and healthy.
I've tightened down the restraints and they are starting to grow outwards now.
The ladies are now draining the 10l pots in 2 days so this will be their last watering before I transplant to the 7gal fabric pots.
I'll have about 2 weeks to get the roots to stretch out in the bigger pots.

Watering was
2ml root juice
0.75ml biogrow
0.5ml bioheaven
Ph5.8
IMG_20200202_180947.jpg
IMG_20200202_180905.jpg
IMG_20200202_180835.jpg

IMG_20200202_181009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom