RSO For Vaping

Hey guys! I have a lot of trim (90% popcorn buds and sugar leaves) that I plan on turning into oil via the Everclear evaporation method. My question is, if I plan on using this oil solely for the purpose of vaping, do I need to decarb the trim first?

Another question - is there a difference between vaping and/or smoking decarbed herb vs. non-decarbed herb?

Thanks!

I believe vaping it decarbs it as the temperatures must reach above 240 for decarb. So smoking is decarbing
No need. But you can. I don’t think it would make a difference as decarbing is just turning thcA into just thc. The thca doesn’t get you high but is medicinal. And thc gets you high lol.
So smoking combusts thc with heat and vaporizes it into smoke. Or if vaping undecarbed thca with vape heat turns to thc then vaporizes into your lungs I would imagine. That’s the way I understand it
Idk though

Good question i also was wondering, i just made a batch and i did decarb in the oven at 230 degrees f. Also winterized it not sure if this was necessary, also used everclear. I put it in vials, smoke it later on seems to smoke and taste quite good only thing is it pretty thick so when i pin it out i need to heat it up to spread on the paper, so smoking or vaping not sure if there's a differance or not but would also like to know. Not sure if all this mumbo jumbo helps but i'll be looking in to see if anybody comments. :peace:

the dispensary s here there cartridges are labeled thca so it’s un decarbed otherwise it would have been listed as plain thc. Which is decarbed.
So are most of the extracts.
winterizing as I understand it is just refining the oil even further by stripping away most of the plant oils(fats) thus leaving you with product up to 90% Thca/thc unadulterated
If I recall correctly from reading about an Alaskan dispensary’ process of making oil and winterizing it.

I believe vaping it decarbs it as the temperatures must reach above 240 for decarb. So smoking is decarbing
No need. But you can. I don’t think it would make a difference as decarbing is just turning thcA into just thc. The thca doesn’t get you high but is medicinal. And thc gets you high lol.
So smoking combusts thc with heat and vaporizes it into smoke. Or if vaping undecarbed thca with vape heat turns to thc then vaporizes into your lungs I would imagine. That’s the way I understand it
Idk though
I guess I wasn't clear in my OP - I meant turning the oil (made from decarbed bud and trim) into an actual vaping liquid with PEG400, PG, and flavorings. As opposed to the dry herb/dab vaporizers that use high heat to vaporize the material.

Good thread. I want to make my own also, but wish to see a step by step from buds to ready to vape oil.

Back
Top Bottom