RSO mama

often, lab use items can be reached on the shelf, by a 2yr old with googling skills.

does it have the effect u want? i.e. does it work?
what temp did u use, did u monitor said temp and did it stop bubbling? ethanol can make one's mouth numb, but to my knowledge , mr. S. prefers naptha, hexane, iso and who knows what else. erin brockovich is prolly rollin...

I really don't like seeing 20/20 hindsight to judge another. Rick Simpson pioneered Cannabis oil, and its use for cancer treatment about 20 years ago. You need to understand that he lived in a relatively poor rural area. He used what he could get his hands on at a low cost. Yes, he used naptha, hexane, and isopropanol as solvents. Do you know what high proof ethanol costs here in Canada? It's almost $100 CAD per QUART! Did you know you need a special license to even buy it? Assuming 2 gallons is used to make a course of treatment, that comes to $800 CAD. He did not prefer these poisonous solvents. He was forced to use them due to a lack of funds, and an inability to get the license from Health Canada for what was an illegal activity at the time.

Over the years, the process he used has been refined. Folks around the world where high proof ethanol was available at a reasonable cost started using that as a safer alternative. I've been advocating alcohol recovery using a 'still for several years. This is a much safer process, as the explosive fumes are not vented into the atmosphere. There are two methods of extracting the cannabinoids that I view as being even safer. The first is using CO2 as the solvent, the second is using a rosin press. When you use liquid solvents, decarboxylation is just a continuation of evaporating the solvent and water from the oil. With CO2 and the rosin press decarboxylation is a separate step.

How will folks 15 years in the future regard the methods we use today?

the man is my altruistic idol

someone- i forget who- is attempting it in their wine. between the different effects of oil & edibles- I'm hoping he has another miraculous discovery (fermentation).

miss mama! news!
the lovely G, has something called "trigger finger"- locks up her friendly finger... we applied yesterday's nasty rewash concoction/oil and she had instant pain relief. i dunno whether her finger releasing within 3min, was a fluke, or whether we blame mr Simpson, but we'll try it, again, next "lockout" and get back to ur thread. I'm optimistic and that is so- not me... just ask the mods n mr salt. ;D .

this would b a thc dominated mixture and insignificant cbd amts, just by chance.

gotta do a custom (meaning, in my case: SMALL) batch, today. my lovely can tell the difference between THIS amnesia (we were low on what i liked best for no ancillary feelin, but ridiculous pain coverage) we have oil for and the fully cured oz i gotta do for her, today... & I'm not up for a dry ice run. anyone have suggestions/tips, or experiments they would like to c attempted? has to b microdosed for her. tryin the new #1 capsules, instead of the 00, unnecessary horse pill.

there r a few steps i absolutely won't touch because I'm happy with em.

prolly 4hrs, to have the nova do its thang. i was too lazy, or sore (both) to get up n decarb, overnight.

It's almost $100 CAD per QUART! Did you know you need a special license to even buy it?
thats not true here in alberta anyway...
its like 20$ a quart for everclear, and the only licence (canadian spelling) is your drivers licence if they id you :)

he might have been referring to some inappropriate comments i made & if so, he meant: back n the day. his intel really does tend to b spot on. he wouldn't have been exaggerating at the time, from his experience.
I'm just upset about the whole MR. BIG situation and that nutty molasses candy y'all hord unto yourselves!
if i go missing... it's prooly over the candy & i wouldn't b able to address it...

thats not true here in alberta anyway...
its like 20$ a quart for everclear, and the only licence (canadian spelling) is your drivers licence if they id you :)

Good to know. There are a few folks I know that have been looking. I had heard that Alberta had stopped selling it as well. Liquor seems to be cheap out there. Here in Nova Scotia most liquor goes for about $40 per quart of 40% alcohol.

You are also right about the unAmerican spelling of licence. It's the OED version. I had to get out my Driver's Licence to check.

Good to know. There are a few folks I know that have been looking. I had heard that Alberta had stopped selling it as well. Liquor seems to be cheap out there. Here in Nova Scotia most liquor goes for about $40 per quart of 40% alcohol.

You are also right about the unAmerican spelling of licence. It's the OED version. I had to get out my Driver's Licence to check.
I went to check and you are right :eek:
40$ a quart!!!
for the love of the sweet baby jesus who died on the cross for our sins!!!

its rotten corn juice ffs 40$ is robbery

PS I was just teasing you aboot the spellin buddy :)

I went to check and you are right :eek:
40$ a quart!!!
for the love of the sweet baby jesus who died on the cross for our sins!!!

its rotten corn juice ffs 40$ is robbery

PS I was just teasing you aboot the spellin buddy :)

I don't mind at all. It's the only way to stop garbage information from spewing forth. :thanks:

hey, fyi, i filtered the minimal ISO (yes, this time. G, needs another batch, fast. last one, too stoned, not enough relief), from my syringe cleaning, "lowball"? glass... bout a cup... it was darker urine, than we all like, i think- but not green. set it in the sun... looks like medicine "P"- not the brite kind! got darker. my guess, unless u know- degradation. don't care- i clip, early so amber, never hurt. I'll dilute, to fill line, on mbe and let y'all know how it goes, in a second batch, later.
i know we discussed usin that technique, for chlorophyll...

Just curious... I'd agree with most of the chems mentioned on this thread being bad. But ethanol? The research I've been able to find is contrary. Maybe it was just mentioned due to the local pricing. Just wanted to be sure, as ethanol is the basis of my methods.

"healthiest", most "affordable", I've found. (yet, still, 5x + iso and takes me longer to get, than runnin to the piggly wiggly, for more "emerging situation", batches).
a ton of solvents, come up, for food handling... based on household item setups, un-denatured 190 ethanol, was the safest, to my thinking, on that list.

ethanol, wasn't the only, highly flammable, nor the only "poisonous/deadly" one... careful!
booze, is still, booze.

I'd honestly like to try it with absinthe, but $$$!!! & will need to make sure it's only green, due to the booze. my fav, is 130 proof... ulex makes a 150, rocket fuel, off the books: @ 300mg thujone...

Just curious... I'd agree with most of the chems mentioned on this thread being bad. But ethanol? The research I've been able to find is contrary. Maybe it was just mentioned due to the local pricing. Just wanted to be sure, as ethanol is the basis of my methods.

Captain Morgan agrees, "Ethanol is the safest of the liquid solvents."

Ethanol is the active ingredient in all wines, beers, an liquor sold. It is safe in the dosages of tinctures for the vast majority of the people. If used for extraction, the percentage of alcohol remaining in the oil is low enough for recovering alcoholics to tolerate. A minute quantity of any solvent used for extraction can be detected in the lab.

My biggest beef with liquid solvents is the way most people use them. They simply boil it off into the atmosphere as Rick Simpson did. Something about a volatile liquid, explosive vapors, and heat just rubs me the wrong way. Now if you toss in a smoker...

hey, now ;D

My master plan is to take the investment I already have in my short path setup and buy the extras so that I can distill ethanol from my grandmothers mash recipe. In addition, when you run your ethanol through a batch and recover it, the proof drops each batch as it picks up similar volatile gases during the separation process. Being able to take the recovered ethanol and re-destill it would be groovy in my opinion.

Anyway, too many projects, not enough time/money.

Back
Top Bottom