Ruks Lowryder Grow

Rukus13

Okay here we go. I know a few of you have been looking at some pics and wondering when it was gonna start, and I thank you for your patience.

Sound the Horns....

Here we go...

After a few situations I have stumbled on with low germ rates and bad Genetics I have decided to do a grow journal for Lowryder and a few other Strains (as you will see in the first few initial pics).

For all purposes I will be using "Joint Doctors Lowryder Original" And a few beans from a very generous friend of ours, (Wink) who took a few Lowryder Females and breed them with a strong Lowryder Male, also Progeny from Joint Doctors Original.

Here are a few pics of the Genetics for this Grow Journal...

DSCN00751.JPG

DSCN00731.JPG

I will be soaking these in water for 24 hours in a glass of Dasani drinking water to crack the shells. I dont like to soak them too long as I have over soaked some beans and killed them. I know it sounds terrible... but its true... Had a funeral and everything... Lol, Im over it, so back to the grow.
For Nutes Ill be using GH Micro, GH Grow and GH Bloom. I really like these nutes as I have had great results in our history of growing together.
For the growing method Ill be doing an Ebb and Flow, (Pics to come soon) (Actually more of a variety of Ebb and Flow systems)
For a medium Ill be using Hydroton Expanded Clay Pellets purchased from my friends at Midwest Hydroponics, www.MidwestHydroponics.com
Good people there...

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves we need to have some organization. So lets take some toothpicks, colored index cards, a pen, and some glue. Well write down the breed of beans we have, cut them out and glue them to the toothpicks. We'll do this as many times as we need too, untill we have the number of labels we need. Kinda like this..(Look below)

DSCN00702.JPG

DSCN00672.JPG

Again here are the Genetics we are using...

DSCN00712.JPG

Okay so the seeds are soaking for 24 hours and we will need to prepair some Growdan rockwool Cubes. We will soak them in a PH treated water of 5.5-6 over night while the seeds are soaking. I do appologise for not having pics of this process but Im sure you have seen seads soak on here before as well as seen Rockwool cubes in treated water. So Ill by-pass all that for now, and get right to the germanation, and sprouting of the seeds...(pics to come soon)

Thats all I have for right now, Ill have more to post soon... Stay tuned for more info, the Germination rates are amazing!!!

Till then...
Be Safe, Be Good, and Be Cool
Grow Green
Ruk13

I have had bad experiences using tooth picks. They tend to get fuzzy and moldy. Use plastic instead. (like forks or wire ties or plant markers from walmart)
Just a friendly suggestion bro.

I do ebb also and use the same nutes. Even got a journal goin.
Good luck with the grow and grow well.

Okay so Im about 24-48 hours behind these postings so its going to come fast.
Thanks for the tips, and Ill be sure to keep an eye on things.
So here are the updates;

We left off with soaking our seeds for 24 hours then putting them in a pre-treated Grodan Rockwool cube and put them in the humidome to sprout. Lets have a look at them before we cover them up.

DSCN00812.JPG

Like an Army platoon....
You will see the No Mercy Special x Lowryder in the pink labels. I have been told that the breeder has not seen any of the autoflowering trait in this strain. We'll find out for ourselves in just a few short weeks.

DSCN00821.JPG

And another rank of Lowryder. You'll see more labels here only because our Special friend had sent me a few more than we had expected to get. A very pleasent suprise I might add.

DSCN00832.JPG

I have also planted a few other beans in the bunch that you will see in photos to come, and they will not be featured in this grow, but will be featured soon enough.
Lets have another look at our future smoke before we put the cover on... How about an arial view... (Well kind of...)

DSCN00802.JPG

And lets cover them up for a few hours...

DSCN00852.JPG

Another view...

DSCN00863.JPG

So after we put the cover on for a few hours, lets use our handy time-machine and get 24 hours into the future...
Lets take the cover off and see what we have...

DSCN00902.JPG

Now thats just over a 24 hour period, and just 6 hours later...

DSCN01022.JPG

a few more have sprouted and the tips are turning green. Now I have those under cool white floros for the time being...
As much as I love to post these, the time has come for this evening to call it a night... Lots more to do, for the next post....

Till then
Be Safe, Be Good, and Be Cool
Grow Green
Ruk13

Thanks everybody.... I checked on them tonight and moved the sprouted seedlings to the first Ebb and Flow. Seen some things I wasnt to excited about...lol... The Glue that I had holding the little signs re-moistened...Sux but everything else is doing just fine. More pics in the next 2 days...
Peace
Ruk13

Did this grow live brother?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world brother!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom