Lowryder Purple Jems

Happy St Paddy day, KannabisKid. That PJ is looking great! The damage on the PK looks physical; like something tore it. It may not be bugs, but keep an eye on it. Good luck of the Irish to ya!

Right back at ya bro. Have a safe one and thanks for dropping by and the compliments. Now that you mention it, while emerging, I noticed it looked caught up while opening. That's probably when it happened and I didn't see it the next day. Now that I look at it, it probably got caught up on the germinating cup. I should have buried it more.

Well it looks like I have another male on my hands. Just checked a few minutes ago after watering, and he has a set of balls on the 4th node. Luckily I started germinating another one 2 days ago and I'm going to start another today. Kinda frustrating. I've had cheaper beans that I've had better luck with being female. So out of the first 3 beans, 2 were male and 1 didn't germ. Maybe I'll start up the farms again. The only problem is the space needed for a hydro plant. Don't really have that much room to spare right now. I'll figure it out in the next day or so.

Well it looks like I have another male on my hands. Just checked a few minutes ago after watering, and he has a set of balls on the 4th node. Luckily I started germinating another one 2 days ago and I'm going to start another today. Kinda frustrating. I've had cheaper beans that I've had better luck with being female. So out of the first 3 beans, 2 were male and 1 didn't germ. Maybe I'll start up the farms again. The only problem is the space needed for a hydro plant. Don't really have that much room to spare right now. I'll figure it out in the next day or so.

Shit that sucks man,
I have read alot of people dont have great results getting girls using the purple jem "reg" seeds,one guy got 1 female out of 10 seeds,thats crazy!
Mine will be here on monday,hope I have better odds I guess...
I would like a couple nice fast flowering/short males to make seeds with,thats one of the man reasons I bought the jems:):tokin:

Shit that sucks man,
I have read alot of people dont have great results getting girls using the purple jem "reg" seeds,one guy got 1 female out of 10 seeds,thats crazy!
Mine will be here on monday,hope I have better odds I guess...
I would like a couple nice fast flowering/short males to make seeds with,thats one of the man reasons I bought the jems:):tokin:

Dang, that sucks. Hopefully you'll have better luck than me. I hear ya on the seeds. I'm stoked that I got pollen to tinker with crossbreeding, but if this is good smoke, it'd be nice to have more to show for it. Just another generation of offspring, so hopefully 1 of these next 2 will be fem. I am trying to stagger growth so I never have more than a month in between harvests.

Hey Kannabis I got a hold of a Dinafem POWER KUSH seed also for free with my order from the Attitude. My seed looks a bit weird though. Not sure it will even sprout. Also got a "Blue Hash" seed I'm trying to germ and also 6 each of Cataract Kush (OG Kush x LA Confidential) and LA Confidential X Exodus Cheese. Really like the lowryder strains. However, not sure they are as potent as regular strains but we will see.

Hey Kannabis I got a hold of a Dinafem POWER KUSH seed also for free with my order from the Attitude. My seed looks a bit weird though. Not sure it will even sprout. Also got a "Blue Hash" seed I'm trying to germ and also 6 each of Cataract Kush (OG Kush x LA Confidential) and LA Confidential X Exodus Cheese. Really like the lowryder strains. However, not sure they are as potent as regular strains but we will see.

Nice. Those sound good. I missed that promo. Got the B-Day promo for my last order. Yeah, they rock. Always a fast turnaround. You have a journal going? This is my first auto attempt. I'm just hoping to get some good smoke from them to hold me over til I can get the room set back up and grow the regular plants. I like using the waterfarms. Had good success with them last time. The plants get much bigger. I have to watch that this time.

Time for another update. At this time, the seed I germinated 3 days ago is very slowly starting to germinate. I can see the taproot starting to bulge and split the seed. A little slower than the rest of the beans, but I'm not giving up on her. Here are some updated pictures for the others.

Purple Jems #2:

6712.jpg

And his balls:

6721.jpg

And the PK at 2 weeks from sprout:

6731.jpg

I did notice these small yellowish blotches:

6741.jpg

Anybody have any ideas as to what it might be, if anything?

On another note, I got my order of Cheddarwurst today. I only ordered 1 pack of 10, but ended up with 22 total beans. By no means am I complaining, just very surprised. Also got the anniversary beans and the "Mystery" G13 was a fem NL Auto. Again surprised. I had looked over G13's beans and saw that the Blueberry Gum was their latest addition and figured that's what it was going to be. I'm stoked it's the NL Auto. More to come soon.

Plants look great dude,
Very nice green color on them:)
Did u want a male for breeding or are u gona be cutting him down ect?
They do look very healthy!
Did u or do u spray or mist them with water?
Iv noticed that when I do that sumtimes the lights hit the leaves just right and it kinda but not always,leaves marks kinda like that,but other then that idk...
Have u seen any bugs or anything?

Plants look great dude,
Very nice green color on them:)
Did u want a male for breeding or are u gona be cutting him down ect?
They do look very healthy!
Did u or do u spray or mist them with water?
Iv noticed that when I do that sumtimes the lights hit the leaves just right and it kinda but not always,leaves marks kinda like that,but other then that idk...
Have u seen any bugs or anything?

Thanks bro. I'm gonna cut him just after the 2 beans germing now sprout. No misting at all. Just the random gnat that I need to spray for again.

Looking good. Yeah I don't think those spots are anything to worry about.

Thanks HR. I didn't think so and wasn't gonna get too worried about it since this journal is supposed to be for the jems. Just needed to see some constant action, so I threw her in the mix.

Nice. Those sound good. I missed that promo. Got the B-Day promo for my last order. Yeah, they rock. Always a fast turnaround. You have a journal going? This is my first auto attempt. I'm just hoping to get some good smoke from them to hold me over til I can get the room set back up and grow the regular plants. I like using the waterfarms. Had good success with them last time. The plants get much bigger. I have to watch that this time.

Cool. I've got a MAZAR plant going in my Water Farm. ;) I don't have a journal going right now but I will put 1 up soon. Around the 5th of April is when I start a new flower cycle. I think in the interest of time I will start the journal when I start flowering. I've got a flower room with 2000 watts of EYE Hortilux HIDs and a veg room with a T5. I'm growing my 1st auto flower also. I got a feminized Afghan Kush Ryder from Single Seed with my order and they also sent a feminized Afghan Kush so I get to see the big version grow and the auto. Like big and little sister. My first time growing autos and I get to see what the regular strain looks like also and compare the two. I noticed you used a cocoa fiber pot to start your seeds. I have had good luck with those and seeds. They work very well for starting seeds.

Cool. I've got a MAZAR plant going in my Water Farm. ;) I don't have a journal going right now but I will put 1 up soon. Around the 5th of April is when I start a new flower cycle. I think in the interest of time I will start the journal when I start flowering. I've got a flower room with 2000 watts of EYE Hortilux HIDs and a veg room with a T5. I'm growing my 1st auto flower also. I got a feminized Afghan Kush Ryder from Single Seed with my order and they also sent a feminized Afghan Kush so I get to see the big version grow and the auto. Like big and little sister. My first time growing autos and I get to see what the regular strain looks like also and compare the two. I noticed you used a cocoa fiber pot to start your seeds. I have had good luck with those and seeds. They work very well for starting seeds.

Cool. That sounds like a good setup. I'll be looking for it. Upload some pics to your gallery and I'll check them out. My last grow was strictly T5 and I got good results with them. Could have been the waterfarm as well. Foolproof in my opinion. That will be a nice comparison to see. You'll have to keep me posted. I like the cocoa pots. They do work well and drain off excess easily vs the compostable material pots that tend to get soggy and don't breathe too well. And the fact you don't have to transplant, just drop them in the larger pot and you're good to go.

I will try to upload some more recent pics later today hopefully. I made clones last night from my Purple Urkle mother. Also took clones off my Lemon Diesel mother. I want to have a good supply of clones for spring. I have the clone dome and the heating blanket so I might as well use it. Starting to get warm enough outside to support cannabis. I have a "kamikaze" clone outside. I put it outside a bit too early with a few other clones. All the other clones died from the cold but this one is still keeping on, growing new leaves. I think the strain is Warlock. Tough little sucker. Someone gifted me a Warlock cut and I made good use of it. That's a killer strain you may have never heard of. Stuff has pink and tan hairs when mature and smells like fruit.

Cool. I haven't gotten into taking clones yet, although I'm experimenting with other plants at this time. I hear ya on the weather bro. It's been a rollercoaster in our region lately. Hope it levels out soon. I have heard of Warlock, but it seems to have faded off of the bean market.

Well guys, this journal is definitely not turning out to be what I expected. The bean that's been germinating for 5 days isn't doing anything now and the other I started 2 days ago is still just sitting there. The germinating method has been the same throughout, paper towel in a ziplock. The same level of darkness and temps. Might have just gotten a bad batch of beans. I'm still letting them be and we'll see what happens. On another note, the PK is taking off like a rocket. Her fans are getting huge in comparison. Once she gets her 4th node, which is close, she's going into flower.

Not at all. The flowering starts after the 4th node. The plant will continue to grow when the lights are switched, but indoors it's very rapid for the most part. I found out the hard way with my first grow under the T5s. Flowering early will also help me keep her size down, as I only have limited space right now :rollit:

Potentially, yes. The male in the previous pictures started producing pollen sacks at the 4th node, female flowers can grow there as well. Also using the LST method, you can get more light to the undergrowth to produce buds in sights that would normally be shadowed and not produce due to the lack of light. Cutting the lights back makes the plant think it's time to start flowering because of the decrease in light. It then starts to force flowers because it thinks it's going to die soon and it wants to produce the next generation of offspring. With indoor, we control when the plant goes into flowering, basically force flowering once it reaches the level of maturity. In doing that, you're able to control the size of the plant and the amount produced. It's toying with nature and controlling the plant pretty much.
Female flowers usually start showing up within a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom