Rusty edges!

TheRocket

Hey guys

Currently on my 5th grow and experiencing problems I've never encountered

Last few days the plant leafs are curling up and I'm getting rust all over leaves.

Growing in coco, with perlite and stones at the bottom to help with drainage, room temps are 25.5oc with lights on and 18.0oc with lights off, RH is 50-60%.. plants are a week into flower

The stems have gone purple (not solid purple but stripy purple) and the leaves are developing rust edges and curling on the tips, growth seems ok but could be better.

I'm not a heavy feeder EC is normally 1.0, as the blue cheese isn't a huge fan on nutes.

Only having issues since I bought a blue labs ph pen 2 weeks ago :(
Tested EC run off and it's between 0.9-1.0 so I seem to be in the sweet spot
Ph run off was 5.5-5.7 on the plants but I believe coco ph run off isn't worth checking

I did test my ph pen this morning and it was reading 6.8 with 7.0 calibration fluid so I'm sure it's a ph problem causing MG lock out

I water ever day with a litre of water but every second day I water til run off

Feed today til run off with ph of 6.0 and an EC of 0.8 with 0.6 of that being cal/mag

Plan now is not to feed for 2 days til the pots dry out

Any other ideas on what to do or have I done all I can and now it's a waiting game?

Hey guys

Currently on my 5th grow and experiencing problems I've never encountered

Last few days the plant leafs are curling up and I'm getting rust all over leaves.

Growing in coco, with perlite and stones at the bottom to help with drainage, room temps are 25.5oc with lights on and 18.0oc with lights off, RH is 50-60%.. plants are a week into flower

The stems have gone purple (not solid purple but stripy purple) and the leaves are developing rust edges and curling on the tips, growth seems ok but could be better.

I'm not a heavy feeder EC is normally 1.0, as the blue cheese isn't a huge fan on nutes.

Only having issues since I bought a blue labs ph pen 2 weeks ago :(
Tested EC run off and it's between 0.9-1.0 so I seem to be in the sweet spot
Ph run off was 5.5-5.7 on the plants but I believe coco ph run off isn't worth checking

I did test my ph pen this morning and it was reading 6.8 with 7.0 calibration fluid so I'm sure it's a ph problem causing MG lock out

I water ever day with a litre of water but every second day I water til run off

Feed today til run off with ph of 6.0 and an EC of 0.8 with 0.6 of that being cal/mag

Plan now is not to feed for 2 days til the pots dry out

Any other ideas on what to do or have I done all I can and now it's a waiting game?

Think you can drop a picture for us to help give you a better educated guess?

Rustic spots usually mean cal mag

But try lowering your ph a tad here is a chart to help you
420-magazine-mobile188549226.jpg

Lowering? I think it is to low lol.. been feeding at 5.8 but checked the pen this morning with buffer 7 and it was showing 6.8

So I believe that my ph I've been feeding is 5.6

I know about ph etc, just wondered if there's anything I can do except feed a bit of cal/mag and get them back on track ASAP

I'll try get a pic of one of the leaves, it's sleep time for the plants til late this evening

Not positive but it looks an awful lot like your PH is off. Maybe only slightly over the 2week period since you got your new pen. Once calibrated I'd say you're back on track. I was.once paranoid about my red stems but the LEDs seem to cause that.

Not positive but it looks an awful lot like your PH is off. Maybe only slightly over the 2week period since you got your new pen. Once calibrated I'd say you're back on track.

Yeah that's my thinking, I bought the blue labs one cause I've heard nothing but good stuff, got it brand new, calibrated it with buffer 4 and 7.
I'm gonna use both my ph pens now til I'm back on track.
I normally calibrate every week but bluelabs say every 4 weeks

I'm 99% sure it's a ph issue but always nice for a second opinion

Thanks guy .

Back
Top Bottom