saliva drug test questions

You'll be fine. Detection is only about 3 days for saliva tests.

Hi Weed420,

Do you have any evidence of the 3 day detection that one could read through? In other words, can you point us to the factual basis for this? There are many different saliva testing units on the market and pre-screen employers use different brands. I have read 1-3 and 1-4 days, but there are also differences in the ng/ml amounts they are set to detect. Some are higher, the standard used to be 50ng/ml, and now I'm seeing people say that there is one as low as 10/ng/ml.
It's a very confusing thing to look into for sure, and would be nice to get an overall idea of what the standard is now.
Thank you

I've always used 3 days as a rule of thumb just to make sure people stay safe. Here is what the makers of one of the mouth swabs has to say about their product.
Detection time of THC in saliva : whatever the test used, THC (the active ingredient in cannabis) can never be detected more than 4 to 6 hours in saliva. The extremely low detection level of the NarcoCheck saliva test allows to fully exploit this window of time. The detection time of our test will therefore be 4 to 6 hours after the last joint smoked, regardless of the level of consumption.
The problem is these levels can vary amongst different people based on health issues so I like giving them a little extra time to be sure. Its like passing a urine strip test in the morning, that doesn't mean you're going to pass one tomorrow.
Here's a note from another manufactuerer of swab tests, they say up to 3 days detection time.Forensic Fluids Laboratories, Inc.
Why Choose Oral Fluid versus Urine Drug Testing?

Oral fluid testing can detect drugs anytime, from immediately after the most recent use, up to three days after use. Conventional drug testing with urine cannot accurately detect usage in the first four hours after use, thus making saliva superior for post-accident testing.

Back
Top Bottom