SAM's DRZ Aquaponics Mixed Strain Grow Journal - 2014

Ur garden is looking sweet mate. Damn wish i had that much room.ur gna have alot of bud from all those plants. Keep up the good work and best of luck.il be watchin;)

Thanks thebeast27. As long as everything stays quite it'll be good - no unwanted visitors.

Originally, I was hoping for a pound of whatever sort of buds (with a fair percentage of high CBD) to make a decent amount of medicine for my partner. After reading more about how to use RSO oil correctly (Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method) I hope for close to a pound of sativa dominant and close to a pound of indica dominant. First grow so not sure what weights I'll get off these plants but it looks like a lot.

Harvested my Afghan Kush Special today. I'm kind of excited... this plant is for me, most of the others are for my medicine for my GF.

Wasn't a huge plant but the buds are very dense. It was a quick flowerer, somehow starting before the summer solstice (so days were still getting longer). Flowered for roughly 55 days. Nice mix of clear, cloudy and amber trichomes. Very sticky...

Last pic before harvest:
01-afghan-kush-special.jpg

Buds washed:
02-afghan-kush-washed.jpg

Buds trimmed:
03-afghan-kush-trimmed.jpg

It was funny, I set my alarm for 5am to cut the plant before sunrise (had read this is good somewhere???) and I woke up at 4:20am and looked at my clock - had to have a bit of a chuckle... then back to sleep until 5.

Buds have now been washed and trimmed and are drying in my new rack. I really don't have room to hang plants/buds on lines anywhere, so the drying rack is perfect. Literally the only place it can hang is above my bed....

Might have to grow this one again.

Yeah I know, it's a bit early... but it's because most people are still sleeping that it's a good time for me to chop the plants down. Less likely that someone will see me.

I did wash them pretty much straight away.... but the trimming was done at a more respectable hour...

Nice... are that 5/4 decking that your nug is spanning? :)
:Namaste:

It's actually an old pallet that I've made into a bench seat (just part of the pallet sitting on some concrete blocks). Not sure of the width...

EDIT: just measured the bud - it's about 3 inches long.

Nice bud mate good job;)

Cheers beast!

That Afghan Kush was an interesting plant.... it didn't "sleep" at night like all of my other plants. Its leaves were always pointing up. Any time I went out there at night all of the other leaves were pointing down, but not the Afghan. Maybe that's why it started budding so quickly...

Photo update time....

CBD Critical Cure - ready in 1-2 weeks:
01-CBD-critical-cure1.jpg

Have started to remove leaves for juicing as they are covered in trichomes and need to get more medicine into my GF (sounds a bit crass but it needs to be done as her condition isn't great).

Vanilla Kush - ready in approx 4 weeks:
02-vanilla-kush.jpg

03-vanilla-kush.jpg

04-vanilla-kush1.jpg

Amnesia - 5 weeks into flowering, ready in approx 4-6 weeks:
05-amnesia.jpg

Delicious Critical Silver Surfer Haze - ready in approx 4 weeks:
07-silver-surfer-haze.jpg

06-silver-surfer-haze.jpg

Sleestack Skunk - ready in approx 5 weeks:
08-sleestack-skunk.jpg

Surprisingly, the other Sleestack Skunk that was sprouted and planted on the same day has only just started flowering. That was the last plant to show sex and will be the last one harvested.

Money Maker - ready in approx 4 weeks:
09-money-maker1.jpg

These buds are getting nice and fat. It's difficult to get a good photo outside though.

CBD Blue Shark - only 1 week until harvest:

10-CBD-blue-shark.jpg

The Garden:
11-the-garden.jpg

All in all the grow is going along really nicely. It seems to just be a waiting game now. I've pretty much fully enclosed the grow in a greenhouse. Originally it was just a roof over the top (this is normal for aquaponics), but as the plants started growing then flourishing, I got worried that the neighbors might be able to see the tops of the plants. Feel a lot more comfortable now everything is completely hidden from prying eyes...

SAM,
Difficult to get a good photo? Hell brother, I think you did a great job with the pics! :) Fantastic update my friend. :thumb:
Looking forward to future looks at them. I hope your lady gets to feeling better soon bro.

So the high CBD strains (Blue Shark and Critical Cure) are coming up to their harvest time according to the flowering times I have... but, their pistals haven't changed color yet.

Did a small smoke test of both and the Critical Cure (which is at 52 days of 60-65) gives a nice clear stone, without much in the way of vision changes. The Blue Shark (which is at 60 days of 60-70) made me heavier and sleepier, and as it wore off my jaw was quite uncomfortable (not sure if I'd been grinding or something?). Couldn't sleep with that uncomfortableness so vaped some of the Afghan Kush that I harvested last week and the pain went away instantly....

I'm actually considering harvesting both in the next couple of days, regardless of the pistals. I did read on a document from the people who make the Sativex spray (GW pharmaceuticals) that their plants either had a constant CBD level through-out flowering, or diminished over the flowering weeks. So I'm thinking that harvesting now will be ok for CBD levels, and as these are being used for my GF in a daytime oil, I don't really want them to be too sedative. Trichomes are currently clear to cloudy, with amber just starting.

They're such different looking flowers.... Here's what the look like:

CBD Blue Shark:
01-CBD-Blue-Shark.jpg

02-CBD-Blue-Shark.jpg

03-CBD-Blue-Shark.jpg

04-CBD-Blue-Shark.jpg

CBD Critical Cure:
05-CBD-Critical-Cure.jpg

06-CBD-Critical-Cure.jpg

07-CBD-Critical-Cure.jpg

And the Vanilla Kush is at 42 days (of 60-70), with the fan leaves turning their autumn colors:
08-Vanilla-Kush.jpg

09-Vanilla-Kush.jpg

Money Maker is also at 42 days (of 55-65):
11-Money-Maker1.jpg

12-Money-Maker.jpg

Any comments/thoughts on harvesting before pistals have changed color are appreciated....

Chop those girls brother!! :) If I would have waited for amber on all four of my last plants I'd still be waiting to harvest! I think I will forget amber and go by % cloudy from now on unless I see something happen differently from my first grow. I think I found one amber trich on one of my girls. lol Yours look great. I'm sure you'll feel what to do. :)

CBD Blue Shark harvest - 109 days (61 days flowering)

Did some "on plant" trimming this time around. Have been juicing leaves for my GF and this seemed easier than trimming the majority of leaves after washing, etc (leaves for juicing still washed though). Only problem was that some hairs did get trimmed off and ended up in the wash water. Wasn't that many though so not really concerned.

01-CBD-Blue-Shark1.jpg

02-CBD-Blue-Shark1.jpg

03-CBD-Blue-Shark1.jpg

04-CBD-Blue-Shark1.jpg

05-CBD-Blue-Shark.jpg

06-CBD-Blue-Shark1.jpg

07-CBD-Blue-Shark2.jpg

08-CBD-Blue-Shark.jpg

09-CBD-Blue-Shark.jpg

10-CBD-Blue-Shark1.jpg

11-CBD-Blue-Shark1.jpg

Each plant I've harvested so far has been better than the previous one. Let's hope this continues...

Back
Top Bottom