SAM's DRZ Aquaponics Mixed Strain Grow Journal - 2014

Another day another chop... Not so many pics this time, the weather here is terrible (looks like 5am in the pics but it's not). I was going to leave this plant for a few more days but we've had 3-4 days of 100% humidity and it's going to be very humid for a few more days so was a bit concerned about mold.

CBD Critical Cure - 112 days (approx 55 days flowering)
01-CBD-Critical-Cure2.jpg

02-CBD-Critical-Cure1.jpg

03-CBD-Critical-Cure1.jpg

04-CBD-Critical-Cure1.jpg

Need to get some bigger buckets for washing these buds though....

Damn... looks like I've got spider mites on my Vanilla Kush. Could be the reason for the leaves turning yellow so quickly (thought it was just its life-cycle). Noticed some very small white/yellow dots on the leaves - researched and then looked at the underside of the leaves with my microscope and yep, spider mites.

Can't move the plant anywhere so it's got to stay with all the others. Have sprayed with the pyrethrins/cinnamite/garlic spray I have and will repeat in a few days. Not real happy about having to spray while the plant is in flower, but it's a natural product/mix so hopefully it will be ok. I wash all of my plants before drying too.

Lets hope they don't spread to the other plants....

Hey Sam,

I love your setup and the plants do too!

I'm starting my first journal and hope that you and your followers can find some time to check it out. I would enjoy the insight, advice, and conversation with the knowledgeable people around here. Link is in my sig, thanks!

Great harvest brother! :thumb: Is that just one plant?
Is there any way we can find out our THC & CBD levels?
:Namaste:

Thanks Beateo. Yeah, just one plant.

There is a new little device out that will test THC & CBD levels, but it's a few hundred dollars and I don't know how accurate it is. Might wait for version 3 or 4...

Great harvest Sam! Please let us know in the future how the effects of blue shark are. Does it smell like a blue strain?

Cheers 36Gr0w. Will let you know the effects in a while. I'm a bit new to all this strain stuff... don't really know what a blue strain should be like. Before recently, the only differentiation for me was hydro or bush...

SAM, lol... I ended up not posting a strain report because I realized I have no sense of smell and damn little sense of taste. I can tell salty from sweet but not Kush from Skunk other than that... it all taste like chiken! lol Again, great job and DAMN..ONE PLANT! Nice.
Will let you know the effects in a while. I'm a bit new to all this strain stuff... don't really know what a blue strain should be like. Before recently, the only differentiation for me was hydro or bush...

Thanks Dutty. Only just started harvesting so you've come along at the fun time... :party:

Got one of the smaller Money Makers to harvest in a week or so then a few more plants about 2 weeks after that - Vanilla Kush, the biggest Money Maker, 2 x CBD Critical Cures and another CBD Blue Shark.

Then it's a few more days until the Silver Surfer Haze and one of the Sleestack Skunks.

The last plants to go will be the final Money Maker, Amnesia and another Sleestack Skunk (but this one might need a couple of extra weeks because I just went to move the pot and the roots were down into the ground so got a bit ripped - it's been a bit sad looking since then - should pull through though).

So there's at least another 6 weeks left in this journal. Good to have you here!

CBD Critical Cure is dried and trimmed - 107.6g (without stems)

CBD-Critical-Cure-dried.jpg

Plus 4.5g of slightly moldy buds. It was at the end/top of one of the large colas. I think some water must have gotten trapped in there from the washing process. Oh well, least it was only a small amount that went in the bin!

And the harvests should keep getting bigger from here. One of the benefits of growing outdoors.

I would like to know about growing two crops outdoors per year. I know people can do it in some areas, but I'm not sure if I'm close enough to the equator to do it....

Harvested another Blue Shark and Critical Cure yesterday. If you're not washing your buds you should be:

P10200501.jpg

Had to do an emergency harvest of two Money Makers today as I found some frikin' mold! Saw some leaves dying on a couple of huge colas and after further investigation, found some funky looking mold. Probably lost a couple of ounces, but saved a fair bit.

The colas are chunkier than beer cans, and because of all of this stealth, there's just not enough air flow in my greenhouse. Have just put a small fan in there to try and help but might need a big industrial one. Only thing is, that will probably cause more problems with odor (I've had to put citronella oil around to mask the smell).

Too busy for photos for the next few days but will try to get some up once everything is trimmed and dried.

Peace!

Sam,
Glad you saved a lot of it brother. So much work to be losing our harvests!
It is good to know that even our negative experiences are likely to help someone else here :)

Back
Top Bottom