San Jose Man Arrested After Burning Pot Plants In Fireplace

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A San Jose man drew unwanted attention to himself late Monday night by allegedly burning marijuana plants in his fireplace, which led to his arrest on multiple drug charges, according to police.

Just after 11 p.m., firefighters responded to reports of heavy smoke near the chimney of a home in the 1,600 block of Estates Court in East San Jose. Firefighters detected the smell of marijuana and notified police. When police officers got out of their car, they detected a strong smell of marijuana in the air.

Police conducted a welfare check inside the home and found a small marijuana grow of more than 30 plants in one of the rooms, according to Officer Jermaine Thomas, a police spokesman. Police arrested Ruben Rivera, 28, of San Jose suspicion of possession of marijuana for sale and cultivation of marijuana.

Rivera was allegedly burning leaves and stems from some of his marijuana plants, Thomas said.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: San Jose Mercury News
Copyright: 2008 San Jose Mercury News
Website: San Jose man arrested after allegedly burning pot plants in fireplace – The Mercury News

Let's call this little warrior -- Cochise! I mean, what a "blithering" idiot. There is no better way of informing the neighborhood (and the cops) that you are holding that by sending smoke signals up through your chimney.

Totally clueless.

I live very close to there and I didn't smell a thing! dammit!:smokin:

Amazing someone grows that many plants and doesn't have the common sense not to burn pot in the fireplace. There have been several articles posted on this site about the same thing, so I guess he's not the only one.

Peace and common sense:rollit:

A man burning trash at 11 pm in his house and he is arrested and goes to jail for five years only in America stop the stupid war!

wow. . .how stupid do people really need to be. . .i mean come on. . .tell me where it even makes any sense what so ever to burn pot in a fireplace. . .duh!!!

Back
Top Bottom