Sativa flowering time grown indoors

So guys I started flushing 4 days ago I go in this morning and I see some of the plants have started shooting seeds so I hade to chop.
All the crowns have no seed but some of the side buds have 1 or 2 so iv got some good smokable stuff the rest I’ll use to make kief I don’t mind kief in my joint sometimes.

Here are some pics on my lemon skunk (well that’s wat I was told it was) all cured and looking recalling nice.

Attachments

• 941D1FDB-D5E1-4821-94BB-B4788F8202B5.jpeg
    941D1FDB-D5E1-4821-94BB-B4788F8202B5.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 46
  • E3C19E9F-01EF-4376-96F9-4B72B7DF77DE.jpeg
    E3C19E9F-01EF-4376-96F9-4B72B7DF77DE.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 46
So an update on the sativas I go and have a close look up and I spot a few seeds so I was like holy fuck and flushed them twice a day for 4 days and cut them down and and did a fluff trim and put them in the dry room and today I put it all in jars and ziplock bags (not enough jars lol) and there it slit of seed but the main buds didn’t or didn’t as much.

Wat happen how come I got seeds in my buds. I know the seeds were random so the plants might not of been sativas or not many of em and I let them go for 11 weeks.

Any answers please guys???

So an update on the sativas I go and have a close look up and I spot a few seeds so I was like holy fuck and flushed them twice a day for 4 days and cut them down and and did a fluff trim and put them in the dry room and today I put it all in jars and ziplock bags (not enough jars lol) and there it slit of seed but the main buds didn’t or didn’t as much.

Wat happen how come I got seeds in my buds. I know the seeds were random so the plants might not of been sativas or not many of em and I let them go for 11 weeks.

Any answers please guys???
When I get a female that get pollinated, either from a male plant or a Hermie male part that is on my female plant, I look for the male part. If I don’t find it on my female plant, I continue to grow her out. If I see the male parts I cut it off or take that branch off.
Normally it is some type of stress during flower that causes this. Like a light leak, too cold ect. The plant thinks it is going to die because of some stress. It has a natural defense built in to help propagation. It will Hermie to reproduce instead of waiting for a male plant to pollinate her.

By the way, I have noticed that plants that Hermie and I finish them, usually have an unbelievable strong terpene smell. Usually better than the plants that don’t get pollinated. If you are keeping the bud for your self, it normally is pretty good smoke. You just have to pick out the seeds.
I grew up smoking weed that came from Mexico. All of it had seeds and that was just part of the ritual of rolling a joint. No grinder, you just broke up the bud and sorted the seeds and rolled up a fat ass joint and shared it with your friends. No one ever said a word about seeds in your sacks.
I would bet that every grower has had this issue at some point in their grow career. I know I have. Sometimes I have no idea why it happened and some times you know that you over watered or opened the door and let light in or had a power strip that had a fricking light going the entire grow. It may not effect all plants but it does happen

By the way, I have noticed that plants that Hermie and I finish them, usually have an unbelievable strong terpene smell. Usually better than the plants that don’t get pollinated. If you are keeping the bud for your self, it normally is pretty good smoke. You just have to pick out the seeds.
I grew up smoking weed that came from Mexico. All of it had seeds and that was just part of the ritual of rolling a joint. No grinder, you just broke up the bud and sorted the seeds and rolled up a fat ass joint and shared it with your friends. No one ever said a word about seeds in your sacks.
I would bet that every grower has had this issue at some point in their grow career. I know I have. Sometimes I have no idea why it happened and some times you know that you over watered or opened the door and let light in or had a power strip that had a fricking light going the entire grow. It may not effect all plants but it does happen
Thanks again for some more knowledge on growing.
I also grew up smoking bud with seeds it’s only been the last 10 or so year that I haven’t seen any seeds in weed.
They all have a different smells and they all smell very strong. My fiancé and I will be smoking probably half of it and the rest I’ll make keif for my joints and for all the seeds well I’ll be keeping them because all of the plants grew amazing plus now I know how they grow I can let them grow out this time so much bigger plant.

I look forward to enjoy trying all the different strains as iv never had so many different strains available at once.

One more thing would of it effected my lemon that’s in the same room and is heading into week 6 flower she looks fine but I’m just curious.

Thanks again for some more knowledge on growing.
I also grew up smoking bud with seeds it’s only been the last 10 or so year that I haven’t seen any seeds in weed.
They all have a different smells and they all smell very strong. My fiancé and I will be smoking probably half of it and the rest I’ll make keif for my joints and for all the seeds well I’ll be keeping them because all of the plants grew amazing plus now I know how they grow I can let them grow out this time so much bigger plant.

I look forward to enjoy trying all the different strains as iv never had so many different strains available at once.

One more thing would of it effected my lemon that’s in the same room and is heading into week 6 flower she looks fine but I’m just curious.
I hope the lemon did not get any pollen. I have had 10 plants crammed into a 4x8 tent and had one plant that Hermied and it was the only one with any seeds. Usually, if you did not see any male parts then it could just be isolated to that one plant. It could have just put out one little sack and did it job on the surrounding few buds. It can be very hard to spot even if you take time to study your plants.
I am guilty of looking for the obvious problems with my plants like yellow leaves or a gnat buzzing around and I guess that is how I did not catch my Hermies in time.
I would for sure give them a very close look if something stressful happened to them like temp or nute lock out in flower. Usually it is triggered by a stress and may start to show 2-4 days later.
That’s what I love about growing. It really is a challenge and I learn something new every day.

I hope the lemon did not get any pollen. I have had 10 plants crammed into a 4x8 tent and had one plant that Hermied and it was the only one with any seeds. Usually, if you did not see any male parts then it could just be isolated to that one plant. It could have just put out one little sack and did it job on the surrounding few buds. It can be very hard to spot even if you take time to study your plants.
I am guilty of looking for the obvious problems with my plants like yellow leaves or a gnat buzzing around and I guess that is how I did not catch my Hermies in time.
I would for sure give them a very close look if something stressful happened to them like temp or nute lock out in flower. Usually it is triggered by a stress and may start to show 2-4 days later.
That’s what I love about growing. It really is a challenge and I learn something new every day.
Thanks again but I think it’s hit all my plants because all the randoms I had seeded up and I just went into my room and yep my lemon has a few seeds now I’m not to unhappy about it as it’ll give me lemon x wat ever it crossed with and all the plants grew and looked amazing I’ll fund out in a few weeks wat they all smoke like.

So I put another lemon in a week again the day after I pulled all the randoms out.
Should I take the lemon out and put in back under 24hr light and wait until then other one witch just started seeding up finishes in a few weeks???

I am spending my day taking everything out of the room and cleaning it just to make sure there isn’t any hiding suprises.

I run landrace sativa (120+ days flowering). It's pretty common to get nanners after 90 days and it's from some sort is stress.

I watch nanners them every day and it's my queue to harvest.

11 weeks of flower you running hybrids or it was another plant that hermied.

If you are running hybrids could be it was time for harvest maybe a little earlier??

Back
Top Bottom