Screwed Up Royally

miked76

Hey Gang!

I am growing 4 babies in hydro right now and started transition to 12/12 last week and flipped to flower nutes Tuesday. During transition I forgot how much water they drink. Went to check on them Sunday and the water was gone they were near dead. I filled them up with water and pH them to 6.0. They perked back up but there are still plenty of dead or discolored leaves. Question is… Do I remove the dead leaves or do I wait until defoliation in two weeks?

IMG_8024.jpeg

IMG_8023.jpeg

IMG_8027.jpeg

IMG_8029.jpeg

IMG_8028.jpeg

yikes. we've all done something similar. i've done worse. :rolleyes:

let it run as normal and pull the worst of the dead stuff out as it recovers. it should be ok and will regenerate from the roots.. you may have to clear some dead root material.

yikes. we've all done something similar. i've done worse. :rolleyes:

let it run as normal and pull the worst of the dead stuff out as it recovers. it should be ok and will regenerate from the roots.. you may have to clear some dead root material.
Thanks! Glad to know they will be okay.

Thanks! Glad to know they will be okay.

forgot to ask : do you have an enzyme cleaner or run h2o2 at all ?

edit : plus you may have to juggle a mix for flower on top of it all lol :laughtwo:

Yes. I use Bulletproof Si as part of my Cutting Edge nutrients.

i'm not familar with the product, Si supplements are great to have but don't do what i'm thinking of.

edit : i'd actually take some drastic action and flip them .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

to be clear i wouldn't just flip in this condition. but i know what i'd do.

i'd clear out all the dead stuff up top, then trim off all the questionable root mass or simply cut it back, then get it in to a good fresh res. give a wk to recover and flip. it'll go nuts. make sure you have your nutes ready.

it's good to have an enzyme cleaner or h2o2 in the toolbox.

i'd clear out all the dead stuff up top, then trim off all the questionable root mass or simply cut it back, then get it in to a good fresh res. give a wk to recover and flip. it'll go nuts. make sure you have your nutes ready.

it's good to have an enzyme cleaner or h2o2 in the toolbox.
That sounds like a solid plan. The light schedule was flipped to 12/12 on the 14th. Thats the week I let them go dry. Should I leave them at 12/12 or trim the damaged material and go back to 18/6 for a week? What’s the best method to clear out a layer of root mass? I will take some pics of the root balls and share at some point today.

Haven’t faced this situation before so your input is greatly appreciated.

That sounds like a solid plan. The light schedule was flipped to 12/12 on the 14th. Thats the week I let them go dry. Should I leave them at 12/12 or trim the damaged material and go back to 18/6 for a week? What’s the best method to clear out a layer of root mass? I will take some pics of the root balls and share at some point today.

Haven’t faced this situation before so your input is greatly appreciated.

i'd reveg them for a wk to 2 at 18/6 after cleaning them up.

edit : might have to roll the light back a little as well while they recover.

Back
Top Bottom