SCRoG - Am I doing this correctly

Ok, time for a bit of an update on my SCRoG progress. I installed the net on the 25th when I started this thread and most certainly wasn't very happy, therefor the reason for the "Am I doing this correct?" question.

I decided to order two sets of the high CFM bars from Gorilla Grow Tent(damn their shipping is large, but fast). Installed and then pulled the net to the bars with zip ties.
IMG_252319.jpg
IMG_252130.jpg
IMG_252225.jpg
IMG_252023.jpg

This setup actually allows me to adjust the height and I was able to move the net down to under 8inches above the soil.

Now I can actually start training.
IMG_252715.jpg

So now my question is about techniques. It seems most folks just keep the stems tucked under the screen until the flip. I have seen a couple of growers actually use a weaving technique, where are the stem comes through the openings they then push it back down an adjacent hole. Thoughts Please?

Ok, time for a bit of an update on my SCRoG progress. I installed the net on the 25th when I started this thread and most certainly wasn't very happy, therefor the reason for the "Am I doing this correct?" question.

I decided to order two sets of the high CFM bars from Gorilla Grow Tent(damn their shipping is large, but fast). Installed and then pulled the net to the bars with zip ties.
IMG_252319.jpg
IMG_252130.jpg
IMG_252225.jpg
IMG_252023.jpg

This setup actually allows me to adjust the height and I was able to move the net down to under 8inches above the soil.

Now I can actually start training.
IMG_252715.jpg

So now my question is about techniques. It seems most folks just keep the stems tucked under the screen until the flip. I have seen a couple of growers actually use a weaving technique, where are the stem comes through the openings they then push it back down an adjacent hole. Thoughts Please?
I dont do weaving just tucking. Once they come up through the square enough move them to a further one. How much to let the scrog fill before flip is very strain dependant in my opinion.

Awesome, thanks for the input! If my little friend is actually a Skywalker OG it's supposed to be a very tall growing Indica. So I'm going to try and let it spread out as much and fill in the gaps equally as much before the flip.
I turned the pot 90degrees to let the longest and largest stem head off toward the left side of the tent. More room in that direction.
IMG_252924.JPG

As a scrog newbie, myself, I'm just keeping everything tucked under. I'm on the 10th day, and already the hidden bottom center nodes are almost even to the screen.
Have you started a grow journal, yet? :laugh:

20180126_123237.jpg

I'm scrogging for the first time, myself. After checking forums & videos, I decided to use reinforced wire fencing w/ 2"x3" mesh. I happened to have a roll in my shed, so it was cheap & convenient. I attached it to my tent with non-slip pads & cable ties.

I vegged mine for 35 days, fim-ing at 21 days, before I installed the screen; per various advice, it is installed 12" from the top of my soil.

They've been under the screen for 7 days. Tomorrow, I'm going to flip the lights. So far, I'm extremely happy with how it's going. My only concern is how big a pain in the butt it's going to be to reach everything for trimming the bottom growth, and feeding/watering.

The photo was taken 2 days ago. Right now, the plants in the middle have actually caught-up to the others.
20180124_133241.jpg

Actually, it was at 12" the first day, then I moved it down to 9". Sorry for the incorrect info I posted.

I'm scrogging for the first time, myself. After checking forums & videos, I decided to use reinforced wire fencing w/ 2"x3" mesh. I happened to have a roll in my shed, so it was cheap & convenient. I attached it to my tent with non-slip pads & cable ties.

I vegged mine for 35 days, fim-ing at 21 days, before I installed the screen; per various advice, it is installed 12" from the top of my soil.

They've been under the screen for 7 days. Tomorrow, I'm going to flip the lights. So far, I'm extremely happy with how it's going. My only concern is how big a pain in the butt it's going to be to reach everything for trimming the bottom growth, and feeding/watering.

The photo was taken 2 days ago. Right now, the plants in the middle have actually caught-up to the others.
20180124_133241.jpg

I'm just wonder how you will water them

Lol! Right? Honestly, watering is easy. What's going to be a pain is trimming the bottom leaves/nodes off, once the screen is full. I can safely reach the front, but the back...gonna have to learn some yoga or something.

I'm not your best resource, I'm interested as well. On my 3rd grow and my first attempts at Scrog. 5x5 tent and only permitted to have two budding plants. I lowered the net into my canopy and started spreading it out.
33fcbd706d049a56cce1ca4a1c03fea4.jpg
e35197eea817e980316091261e83d5c4.jpg
Looks pretty damn good brother this how I did my first grow ever made my own as you did and used a 5 gallon bucket back in 1999 here in Germany but looks good, and use nutrients only when you need to.

OK! I had ordered and received today my Gorilla LITE LINE Indoor Grow Tent High CFM Kit. They looked to me like they could be dual purpose in holding the side of my nylon screen out and taking up the slack.
IMG_252023.jpg
IMG_252319.jpg
IMG_252225.jpg
IMG_252130.jpg

My idea was pretty much right on what I had in mind and I feel I have a much better setup than originally created a couple of days ago.

I was also able to move the screen down to 8 inches over the soil, so it's adjustable in the moment. I went with the Nylon as I wanted a screen that would be slightly flexible and easy to work with. Additionally it is very light weight and will be easy to deal with during chop down time. (IMHO) At the very least the install was supper easy and even more quick than I had anticipated.

Back
Top Bottom