Plant training and SCROG

MurseGrower

420 Member
I’m in day 55 of my first grow in RDWC. 5x5 grow tent with Kind LED 1000. Six 6.5 gallon pots with a 35 gallon res. I’m really enjoying caring for my plants so far. It’s been a learning process and I am excited to learn even more now that I’ve flipped them to 12/12 and changed to flower nutes.

There’s definitely several things I want to do differently next time. I attempted a scrog with a cloth trellis netting, which I’m not a fan of so far. The screen is filling out, but I am wondering if a more sturdy net would work better?

I’ve also been thinking, for the next grow, to place only four plants in the room. 1 on each corner and training them all to the center and the edges as compared to 360 training. I’ve been looking for a journal that attempts a training like this, but haven’t found anything. Do you think it would work well?

Attached is a picture of the footprint of the room when I first transplanted, and the second was taken today. I wasn’t originally planning to grow that random plant in the bottom left, but needed to do something with it. That’s why she’s so small. Thanks!

Attachments

• 68B62B0D-59F7-4E5B-88E6-4A711A630C1A.jpeg
    68B62B0D-59F7-4E5B-88E6-4A711A630C1A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 198
  • 656EF5AC-0AC9-4548-837F-8A7B0CDB946E.jpeg
    656EF5AC-0AC9-4548-837F-8A7B0CDB946E.jpeg
    945.9 KB · Views: 190
Hey man, really clean looking room and setup. You can weigh down some of the outer scrog net to tighten it up, or you can try other methods. I ended up using a $10, 8’x4’ metal fence screen from a hardware depot that I cut to fit my canopy (3’ x 3’) and I ended up liking it way more than netting. It was a total crapshoot and just dumb luck that it ended up working, but it’s solid. If you go that route, tools required are bolt cutters and then something like disinfecting wipes to clean it off. What I like is if my grow space stays the same I can reuse and it doesn’t get stuck into buds.

Edit: You know you’re high when you say “ended up” three times in a paragraph. I need to log off lol

Hey man, really clean looking room and setup. You can weigh down some of the outer scrog net to tighten it up, or you can try other methods. I ended up using a $10, 8’x4’ metal fence screen from a hardware depot that I cut to fit my canopy (3’ x 3’) and I ended up liking it way more than netting. It was a total crapshoot and just dumb luck that it ended up working, but it’s solid. If you go that route, tools required are bolt cutters and then something like disinfecting wipes to clean it off. What I like is if my grow space stays the same I can reuse and it doesn’t get stuck into buds.

Edit: You know you’re high when you say “ended up” three times in a paragraph. I need to log off lol

Thanks man! I will probably end up creating a more study scrog. Seems like it would be easier to manage with something less malleable than netting.

Thanks man! I will probably end up creating a more study scrog. Seems like it would be easier to manage with something less malleable than netting.

The more rigid the screen the more you'll damage or need to cut the plant apart to get it out. I like to hang and dry my plants as intact as possible so I like hemp or cotton twine strung tight over a frame. I just got the string and pull the plants out. I used a store bought elastic net last run and hated it. I've heard of using speaker wire, it's thin, easily workable and rubber coated. Garden wire is similar in that regard and larger diameter.

Looking good for first grow looks like you have all the right gear to grow right i use a plastic garden netting its a lot stiffer and keeps level it has 50mm squars sounds small but works well i allso run mest vertical for more yeild as for number of pots my opinion is fill the room lol lest pots grow bigger to fill takes a bit longer or more pots fills quicker i try to go half half i have a 10'x5'x7' tent 2x 1000w hps and i do up to 18 pots depending on strian good luck your doing very well allready

I just built a pvc frame and used pretty thin paracord. Got self tapping screws with 10mm head and used the impact drive to screw em in every 4" around. Then just took the paracord and ran all one direction and then looped back and wove it in and under/over the other direction runs. I'd just wrap around the screw that I left up a bit, one or two turns and would keep the tension while I wove. It's plenty to hold any plant but flexible enough to reach a bit and pull branches back. Easy to add any additional lines across as well. The paracord is even reflective so it bounces light back out onto the plants. It's thick enough that it won't cut plants, but not so thick it's in the way. And it's only like 8 bucks for 50ft. I got it locally but something like this would probably be good. Micro cord with a diameter of 1/20 inch or 1.18mm - paracordgalaxy.com

Back
Top Bottom