SCROG - Answers?

Some the pics are of the same strain two diff plants. I'm being lazy and dont want to go thru all my pics.ys, every time you bend a branch over,the auxins get redirected and the next closet shoot wants to become the apical/dominant cola. You just keep redirecting them until your satisfied with your screens "fillage"<not sure thats a word.lol Then, you flip that B$#*h.
StayFrosty,
CanEyebus

Yeah that's what I was aiming for but I only had the screen on for a week or so before I flipped..so I took it off..but from me pulling the branches back to the next hole of the screen when I had it on,it did give me more bud sites..every branch on the plant has a bud at the end..and if you look at the pic above..the big bud right in front is the very first branch..but guaranteed next time I will have my screen on and ready way before I flip...and I only veg this plant for 5 weeks .the other one I had was a male

Ideally, you want to start scrogging your girl as early as possible.1. (In my short experience scrogging) the shorter she starts under the screen and the lower you can get your screen to your pot and comfortably get your hands in to water and tuck,the quicker your screen will fill. I usually try to stop at 8"from top of medium to screen. 2. You can over fill a screen an hurt yield as well as underfill. I'd rather under fill first then grow/learn from there. Check me out if you need any tips. I'm no scrog pro,but i do have a good grasp on the concept.
StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Update about to start week 7 flower..is it normal for them to slow down growth now..seems like there not growing as much
20160304_234145.jpg
20160304_234126.jpg

Hey GreenThumb! She looks great! Big up!:thumb: "done" is a relative term IMHO. Depending on the strain d what you want out of her, is the determining factor for being ready to chop. Clear trich heads= undeveloped "oil" = racy fast quick dying "high" if you will. Cloudy= window of greatness balanced "high" oil is at it's peak in terms of "high" terps have just begun to decline, Amber= oil is degrading, the "high is felt more in the body". Having said all that, most people like a combination of all three with cloudy being the most predominant percentage wise. I also take into account those trichs are still maturing as the plant is chopped to be dried and cured. So your harvest time is ultimately up to you. I use the breeder's time and the trichs,bud formation,flower time as gauges for the harvest window, which is usually around 7-10 days in my garden.

Appears you have a lot of mature trichs (cloudy) and depending on the strain, she can be taken soon. Some strains don't go amber until it's way past their harvest window. Some amber up prematurely or should I say will show amber early on in flower. Hope this helps.
What strain is she?
StayFrosty
CanEyeBus

Appears to be mainly cloudy. Few clear, even less amber. She's prime. You're in the harvest window. Strain dependant, you could wIt for a few more amber colored heads or snatch her now. Have you done any flushing? I see her starting to fade. What is the strain? What is your medium? Are you still feeding her nutes? These answers will help a bit to determine where she's at and where she should be.

StayFrosty
CanEyeBus

I been flushing for the past 2 weeks straight water..and I'm use Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and Fox Farm Nutrients Grow BIG,BIG Bloom and Tiger bloom,also used Fox Farm Open Sesame,Beastie Bloom and Cha Ching..and some Great White and at week 5 of flower I used some advanced nutrients senszyium...and yea on all the bigger coals have of the leaves are fading yellow..if I wait till Monday that would make 11 weeks

Well today at 10am I pulled the plug on her..now she will sit in the dark for 48 hrs..trics are turning amber..I had more amber tircs then I thought I wasn't getting close enough..I will have one more update and that will be the final weight..

Wanted to give an update because I finally found out what strain I have..it is blackberry kush..I have a bud I took off before I cut it down and now I have it in a mason jar and when you open it it smells like blackberry lickerish...I am very saprised with the grow,it turned out better then I thought..here some bud pics
20160405_004318.jpg
20160405_052911.jpg
20160405_060225.jpg
20160405_060649.jpg

Back
Top Bottom