ScrOG question

Rredeye

I tried searching but couldnt find an answer. Is it okay to do a ScrOG over a 3x3 tray with clones right in the big grodan cubes, or does it need to be in a bucket or a pot? I have two trays and I want to do a sea of green of sativa doms and a screen of green for indica doms but I dont remember ever seeing anyone do them from a flood table like that. any help is appreciated :thanks:.

I tried searching but couldnt find an answer. Is it okay to do a ScrOG over a 3x3 tray with clones right in the big grodan cubes, or does it need to be in a bucket or a pot? I have two trays and I want to do a sea of green of sativa doms and a screen of green for indica doms but I dont remember ever seeing anyone do them from a flood table like that. any help is appreciated :thanks:.
It can be done but why? Scrog only requires that you set a bud site at every hole of your screen which leaves you with a level canopy. Are you going to set the cubes into expanded clay or another medium like rockwool fluff? If not I wonder about the roots air pruning themselves at the cubes? If they do that you will have stressed plants with little to no rootzone and a very limited yield if you make it that far.

It can be done but why? Scrog only requires that you set a bud site at every hole of your screen which leaves you with a level canopy. Are you going to set the cubes into expanded clay or another medium like rockwool fluff? If not I wonder about the roots air pruning themselves at the cubes? If they do that you will have stressed plants with little to no rootzone and a very limited yield if you make it that far.

Why? Only because thts the set up I have and dont want to spend more money right now. I was planning on keeping them in 4"x4" rockwool cubes and maybe put those into some small pots. Also I was thinking that by using a 3'x3' tray and a 4'x4' screen would give me a better chance of filling the whole screen. Ive never seen or heard of someone doing it like that so figured Id try but if this has been tried before only to fail I dont want to waste my time. Thanks for everyones input.;)

Rredeye, I'd love to see a journal. If u haven't considered it please do. And ur welcome glad I could be of some kinda assistance. No experience in this area, but I know people that do have some. Thanks for the reps. Munki's grow was tight huh? Now if u wanna see extreme ScrOG, check out 420fied's journal, legendary (as far as I'm concerned). It'll blow ur mind!! Shit's like a masterpiece c 4 urself >4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

Rredeye, I'd love to see a journal. If u haven't considered it please do. And ur welcome gald I could be of some kinda assistance. No experience in this area, but I know people that do have some. Thanks for the reps. Munki's grow was tight huh? Now if u wanna ce extreme ScrOG, check out 420fied's journal, legendary (as far as I'm concerned). It'll blow ur mind!!

Well I have a partner so we have to discuss doing it as an experiment. Munkis grow was tight, thats why I started dreaming of ScrOG. Maybe if I get a 3'x3'x2" slab of rockwool and lay it in the bottom of the tray and lay the Grodan cubes on top so the roots grow into the slab on the bottom. Thanks for the help and encouragement, Im gonna check out 420fieds journal for more inspiration then off to medicate and brainstorm some ideas and pick a couple brains.:thanks::rollit:

Ur talkin bout an NFT type of setup it sounds like. I'm clueless when it comes to hydro. That's y I get excited watchin u guys do it. My times comin shortly after 420fied and PitViper's grow's I gotta give it a run. I really liked the affordability factor in 420fied's set up. If I'm not mistaken it was a DIY set up. Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom